Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-05-2009, 14:28   #16
Lollipops23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabies View Post
A case like this should be left to rest. Let the family grieve and try to live their lives. Bringing it back up again just brings up the memories.
or it could give them the closure that they need to move on?maddie mccanns parents still honestly believe she is alive (although it most likey not true) and understandably refuse to give up the search because of this.
Advertisement
20-05-2009, 14:31   #17
Latchy
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by shqipshume View Post
http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/searc...day-91231.html

A DIG at a Dublin golf course as part of the search for Philip Cairns, who has been missing for 23 years, is likely to continue into a third day.
Philip disappeared on his way back to school having had lunch with his family on October 23, 1986.

The case has baffled gardaí for more than two decades.

Does anyone remember this case one of the most baffling disappearnces of a child in Ireland

I hope they find him or something about him,the torture the family must be still going through.
I have good reason to remember this because I was working In Marley park Rathfarnham , with Dublin Co Council at the time and we were trimming the trees branches in the area.We were on his road and opposite the lane were his scoolbag was found ,the day after his disappearance .
Thanks from:
20-05-2009, 14:32   #18
Degsy
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Degsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipops23 View Post
maddie mccanns parents still honestly believe she is alive (although it most likey not true) and understandably refuse to give up the search because of this.

No they dont.
They know damn well what happened to her and they're in a much more ebullient mood because they know they've gotten away with it.
The pair of those chancers make me sick.
20-05-2009, 14:34   #19
Lollipops23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
No they dont.
They know damn well what happened to her and they're in a much more ebullient mood because they know they've gotten away with it.
The pair of those chancers make me sick.
?????based on.....???
Thanks from:
20-05-2009, 14:42   #20
mike65
Closed Account

Degsy, those are the words of a tit.
Advertisement
20-05-2009, 14:45   #21
Rabies

Degsy, nothing is proved.
Assumptions are the mother of all fvck ups.
20-05-2009, 14:57   #22
joker77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlofnep View Post
Says the kids bag was found in a laneway, but wasnt there the day before. Anyone think he might have escaped from his capturer, but then have been re-caught? Might indicate that the attacker lived close-by.
Yea I remember that part of it now that you mention it.

It could have been anything though. Somebody picked it up, totally unrelated, realised (or didn't) who's it was and put it back.
Or whoever took him put it there to throw the Garda off the scent.

At this stage, I don't think we'll ever know.
Thanks from:
20-05-2009, 14:59   #23
dlofnep
Closed Account

Good point.
20-05-2009, 15:03   #24
Local-womanizer

Quote:
I think there is only one other case of a child missing in such circumstances i saw on tv.Little girl years previous to this one she went missing between two farms of her family and not even evidence found there either of foul play.
I think that one was in Ballyshannon.The Girl was walking through the fields with her uncle and he turned around to call to her and she was gone.She was never found.
Advertisement
20-05-2009, 15:11   #25
Earthhorse

Send a message via Yahoo to Earthhorse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabies View Post
A case like this should be left to rest. Let the family grieve and try to live their lives. Bringing it back up again just brings up the memories.
If new evidence arises then the gardai are pretty much obliged to investigate, I would think.
20-05-2009, 15:11   #26
Latchy
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker77 View Post
It could have been anything though. Somebody picked it up, totally unrelated, realised (or didn't) who's it was and put it back.
Or whoever took him put it there to throw the Garda off the scent.
That's the bit that baffles now as much as it did then .Who returned the schoolbag to the lane at the back of Phillips house and why ? It was very strange behaviour .
20-05-2009, 15:17   #27
Evil-p

Someone Knows

The way i see it is Philip Kearns family have never had a minutes peace so its not dragging anything up. Someone, somehwere knows what happened to that boy and they need to come clean and let the family have the closure they deserve. A wife, or girlfriend or whatever knows something. And people need to really think, I was watching a documentry on Peter Sucliffe (the yorkshire ripper) and his wife said she didn't even cop on when she was washing bloody clothes, that it was only in hindsight that she realised there was something dodge going on! So people need to think hard. That little girl in Donegal was called Mary Boyle i think and she had an identical twin sister so her family have been able to see all the time what she would look like at any age!

Last edited by Evil-p; 20-05-2009 at 15:18. Reason: typo
Thanks from:
20-05-2009, 15:20   #28
javaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike65 View Post
Degsy, those are the words of a tit.
Banned.
Thanks from:
20-05-2009, 15:21   #29
barbiegirl

Quote:
But wasnt that to do with the women disappearing? And i think very weird how no one has found any sign of them aswell.
How do these people get away with it
There are rumours that a guy who was caught trying to rape and strangle a woman about 5 years ago, I think on the Dublin mountains, is responsible for the disppeared women. He was put away for that, with an extremely long sentence for one provable crime. But it is only speculation and there is no firm evidence, just lots of circumstantial.

As to Philip Cairns. I remember the disappearance, and my parents talking to us about strangers and stuff. Fingers crossed this search will turn up something and maybe even lead to who ever did this.
20-05-2009, 15:26   #30
Latchy
Closed Account

The thing about disappearances and murders of people and children in the west of ireland is the remoteness of the region works in favor of the kiddnapper /murderer .I remember there was a serious of disappearances of women in the 80s around the dublin area ,including one american womon which led police and the general public to believe their was a serilal killer at large .As far as I am aware, none of these women or their remains have ever being found. One suggestion and possibility had it that they are buried in the Dublin mountains .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion