Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shell to Sea protestor believes more Gardai should be run over and killed by cars

Options
  • 03-05-2009 9:19pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Referring to the death of the late Garda Robert Mc Callion.

She says "pity the letterkenny boys arent here to run into them"

"A few more of ye should be ran into the wall"

Sick if you ask me.

I was always told by gardai down in mayo how nasty these protestors can get trying to provoke the gardai on camera to lash out. Usually threatening the gardai or their families and children. But to talk that way about a young garda who was killed on duty and given a state funeral.... is just sick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Sick no matter who it was or was aimed at.

Useful site to save youtube video

http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLJllMXyyRP0%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

bushy... wrote: »
    Sick no matter who it was or was aimed at.

Useful site to save youtube video

http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLJllMXyyRP0%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded

About 10 mins ahead of you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Makes me sick. If that was my mother I'd disown her. I just hope she see's this video and realises just how disgusting her comments were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Disgraceful comment, totally uncalled for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Just shows the mentality of these people,
    Id be ashamed to be seen with this person, never mind stage a "peaceful" protest with her, absolutely disgusting behaviour and its an insult to all the brave member of An Garda Siochana that have died for the people of this country.

I bet she's the first person to call the gardai when something happens to her.

This video should be sent to RTE news, you always see videos protesters send in about members of AGS, maybe its about time people saw what members have to put up with up there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭super_shellers

That's absolutely horrible, how would they feel if a fella they knew got run down and killed by a Garda or a civvie and we went around saying more of them should be run over and killed? A lot those protesters are dodgy, my own family were threatened when a family member was working there, and they called my grandmother, mother and I all names under the sun.

Makes me sick

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

With friends like that, who needs enemys?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

MMMM, classy lady!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,684 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Stupid bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Im not allowed to post on here what i think of most of them shell to sea people, id be banned straight away......

Lock em up and throw away the key or something, its only a gawd damm pipe after all...

And dont get me started on that hunger strike woman, maura harrington or whatever her name is, still disappointed she gave up her hunger strike tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

A horrible thing to say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

That was absolutely horrendous comment to make no matter what is at stake.

I wonder if she is proud of herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Just shows the mentality of these people,
    Id be ashamed to be seen with this person, never mind stage a "peaceful" protest with her, absolutely disgusting behaviour and its an insult to all the brave member of An Garda Siochana that have died for the people of this country.

This video should be sent to RTE news, you always see videos protesters send in about members of AGS, maybe its about time people saw what members have to put up with up there

Done and others shoudl also email RTE to highlight this;

The email address is newsdesk@rte.ie

+1, thanks for email
    I just sent it in too,

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

That's a disgrace!! To make a joke about something like that is sick and completley distasteful. Also just sent a copy to RTÉ. Hopefully, if shown, it will show the public the mentality of these Shell-to-sea 'peaceful' protestors and turn the public against their cause & even more importantly get the public to support the Gardaí in Mayo..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hedges

happyhappy wrote: »
    a copy should also be sent to local supt for investigation.

its a straight forward and clear breach of section 6 public order act. it was obviously insulting behaviour and wreckless as to whether it would cause a breach of the peace. members of the public were around, i can't see how she could wriggle out of it on a technicality. its the only way to deal with it.

Could her statement be considered as a threat to kill a garda ??

surely that would be a more serious offence

Apart from that, it just goes to show the kind of so called "Good Doers" that are out there and what thoes who are there to protect the peace for ALL people, have to put up with.

she didnt make a accidently or flippent comment, she knew exactely what she was saying and it makes my blood boil.

On a positive note, not one garda reacted to her mad raving and should take pride in there ability to be controled and tolerent in the face of someone who really hasnt anything better to do with her time and just wants to cause a fight

Garda 1 protesters 0

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

It should be taken as a threat to kill, but after looking at that video again, I can't see any members of AGS, just members of a private security firm..
    Unless there are members of AGS behind the Security Guards but I'd find this unlikely as if a confrontation was imminent, which it clearly was, I think Gardaí would be on the 'front line' as such with security guards behind.

anyway, it doesn't matter. What she said is horrible & totally unnecessary. Hopefully RTÉ cover the story & it shows the public what those Shell-to-sea protestors are really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

The comments are disgraceful, of that there is no doubt.

"Could her statement be considered as a threat to kill a garda ??"

No, the comments are made at what appear to be private security people. I didn't see any members of AGS in that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Oh right so nobody ever lost the rag and said something they regretted in the heat of anger...

It's a demo, tempers are frayed, people are angry.

Womens are soooo much more mean and nasty with their mouths than men I find.

I hope im completly wrong in thinking that your trying to defend what this woman said. If you are defending her actions then i'll be adding you to my ignore list. Theres a line people don't cross and she is about a thousand miles over it with that comment. She knew exactly what she was saying and its disgusting and a disgrace that an incident in which a brave garda died protecting the people of irelands be used by a (im not going to say what id like to about her cause i'll be banned for life) in such a context

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    Oh right so nobody ever lost the rag and said something they regretted in the heat of anger...

It's a demo, tempers are frayed, people are angry.

True people do say things in the heat of the moment but to say something as cold and heartless as that is wrong. She knew exactly what she was saying just trying to provoke a reaction.

I hope im completly wrong in thinking that your trying to defend what this woman said. If you are defending her actions then i'll be adding you to my ignore list. Theres a line people don't cross and she is about a mile over it.

I'm not 'defending' her at all but do me a favour and add me to your ignore list anyway I don't even want people like you reading what I write :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

terrible thing to say, worse is ignoring people getting beaten, or beating them yourself, i imagine being thrown is a ditch hurts more then words people thrown at ya.

how our your hungarian mercenary mates still on duty?

What sickens me most of all about this stupid bitter woman is the commentry she's provoked. No matter how much she sucks she's not a patch on Royal Dutch Shell who actually have had people murdered.

Now I can just about swallow Bertie or whichever of the feckers it was selling off the family jewelly for next to nothing, but did they really have to do it to the company that got Ken Saro Wiwa murdered?

Mercenaries??? Explain please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Oh christ that really gets my blood boiling.
    Wouldnt mind but the majority of the people protesting there are not even from there. Half of them are probably not even for Ireland.
    Im sorry I know its bad to condone violance but I would love to call up there some day and "wont post what I wanna post but ye get the jist".
    :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

funny story. Sorry bout being off topic.
    When I was a teenager there was a young one down the next road from me who used to make a point of calling my father a pig. I left it off. Couldnt be bothered cos I knew she was looking for a reaction.

One day walking up the road form me house and she caused an accident. ah twas only a small accident, fender bender really.
    Sean Sean will you come over and wait here till the guards arrive cos I think I might be in trouble.
    Me: hows about you fook off and ask one of your mates who you abused me in front of to help ya out.

ah it was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

They all seem to have different accents...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement