Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Please Read** HEC Semifinal tickets

Options
  • 13-04-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

+1

Also all ST holders for both province check your email tomorrow I'd imagine all details over ticket allocations will be revealed.

Think this thead desearves a sticky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭barnesd

Can I just ask, what is the problem with selling tickets for face value?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

barnesd wrote: »
    Can I just ask, what is the problem with selling tickets for face value?

I'm not sure but I think it interferes with adverts.ie or something like that.

Q for the mods.
    The UCD forum has a sticky that allows for links to adverts.ie for selling on used textbooks. Is it possible to allow something similar for offloading excess tickets for this match at face value or below or is selling tickets a total no no for both sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

pithater1 wrote: »
    +1

Also all ST holders for both province check your email tomorrow I'd imagine all details over ticket allocations will be revealed.

Think this thead desearves a sticky
    Leinster season tickets holders should check their emails right now and be up in good time tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Leinster season ticket holder sale is now on and I already got mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ditto

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Basically a blanket ban came on on ticket sales due to a few things...one being the issue with a certain promoter but the other being that people just can not behave rationally when there are tickets to a big occassion...and will willingly pay over the odds , gazump, rip people off and scam. It becomes unfeasible to mod properly and leaves alot of people with a bad taste and it is not really in line with the idea of a community.

Fair enough, was just curious rather than questioning the policy.

Fair enough, was just curious rather than questioning the policy.
    th
    at's alright. i know it's annoying and doesn't appear to be fair but it really does protect people from themselves and the parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Leinster season ticket holder sale is now on and I already got mine

do you have the link you used? the one they sent me does not work:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Brayruit

Can someone pleeeease PM me the link / password for tickets ... I am a Leinster family season ticket holder (Section N, row P, seats 5 to 8!! I know that's not proof, but all I can offer!). I recently changed jobs and the email address I used was my old work one so I didn't get the information.

Would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Brayruit wrote: »
    Can someone pleeeease PM me the link / password for tickets ... I am a Leinster family season ticket holder (Section N, row P, seats 5 to 8!! I know that's not proof, but all I can offer!). I recently changed jobs and the email address I used was my old work one so I didn't get the information.

Thanks,

Stephen.

passsword is unique to each season ticket holder, anyone giving you their password is giving up their tickets.

copacetic wrote: »
    passsword is unique to each season ticket holder, anyone giving you their password is giving up their tickets.

Thanks - at least I know I have a password somewhere then - I'll try getting on to the branch tomorrow.

copacetic wrote: »

Is the password by any chance a combination of ticket number and something else or something that I could work out from my ticket number? If so, any chance of a PM explaining how the password works?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I am not a Leinster season ticket holder myself because I can't guarantee I'll make every game. But I travelled over to the London for the weekend, shouted, roared and sang from start to finish (and for a good while in the pub after!) only to find out that the tickets for people like me were sold out before I'd even left the ground yesterday. I'm bloody furious with that.

I'm lucky enough that I know a few season ticket holders so have been able to sort out a ticket today, but you can be sure I wasn't the only one in that position yesterday. People who made the effort to travel across and support Leinster were at an immediate disadvantage when it came to buying the tickets. Even the season ticket holders, many of whom I'm sure have yet to surface (judging by the session last night) and may not find out for a while about the ticket allcation. With a limit of 6 each and only 9,000 available they'll sell out fast enough too. And the ones who'll miss out are most likely the ones who travelled this weekend. It's a sham.

Who made the call regarding when and what time tickets should be sold? I presume it's not ticketmasters call? I really want to make a complaint about the way in which it was handled, but I want to make sure that it's sent to the right place!!!

Brayruit wrote: »

Thanks,

Stephen.

Ring the Leinster branch about it. The password just looks to have a random element about it, I can't see any pattern you might use to guess.

Ring the Leinster branch about it. The password just looks to have a random element about it, I can't see any pattern you might use to guess.

Will do - thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Tickets can be sold on the soccer forum without too many problems - I would prefer to sell any extra tickets I get to genuine fans there, means I never have to sell to a tout

Tickets can be sold on the soccer forum without too many problems - I would prefer to sell any extra tickets I get to genuine fans there, means I never have to sell to a tout

I would recomend using that forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

pfft. turncoat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

molloyjh wrote: »
    I am not a Leinster season ticket holder myself because I can't guarantee I'll make every game. But I travelled over to the London for the weekend, shouted, roared and sang from start to finish (and for a good while in the pub after!) only to find out that the tickets for people like me were sold out before I'd even left the ground yesterday. I'm bloody furious with that.

I'm lucky enough that I know a few season ticket holders so have been able to sort out a ticket today, but you can be sure I wasn't the only one in that position yesterday. People who made the effort to travel across and support Leinster were at an immediate disadvantage when it came to buying the tickets. Even the season ticket holders, many of whom I'm sure have yet to surface (judging by the session last night) and may not find out for a while about the ticket allcation. With a limit of 6 each and only 9,000 available they'll sell out fast enough too. And the ones who'll miss out are most likely the ones who travelled this weekend. It's a sham.

Who made the call regarding when and what time tickets should be sold? I presume it's not ticketmasters call? I really want to make a complaint about the way in which it was handled, but I want to make sure that it's sent to the right place!!!

Completley Agree. I was in London yesterday and managed to check my email last night in the hotel lobby. Rang my sister (a little drunk at 1am, she wasn't happy) back home in Dublin to log on and buy them because I was flying home at 10am this morning!

So I got tickets this morning but still very tempted to email Mick Dawson and co to convey the opinion that a lot of hardcore fans could have been done over. If they had waited 24 hours it would have made such a difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

crisco10 wrote: »
    Completley Agree. I was in London yesterday and managed to check my email last night in the hotel lobby. Rang my sister (a little drunk at 1am, she wasn't happy) back home in Dublin to log on and buy them because I was flying home at 10am this morning!

So I got tickets this morning but still very tempted to email Mick Dawson and co to convey the opinion that a lot of hardcore fans could have been done over. If they had waited 24 hours it would have made such a difference....
    Do email him, in fact you should call them tomorrow to give out. its a disgrace to travelling fans to have the tickets being sold without any consideration for them. Although the real blame i suspect lies with the ERC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

am i wrong to assume that leinster seasons ticket holders were not guaranteed tickets fr the semi?
    in which case you did not need to rush to buy tickets as only leinster tickets went on sale this morning and passwords were required

also, in the case of munster anyway, it is ticketmaster is hadleing the sale of tickets and so the branch does not have control of the sale of tickets, only the allocation of tickets to groups as in clubs, season ticket holders etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I also think it was a disgrace as 2 of my friends where over at the match and bar the fact I rang them to tell them the tickets were going on sale and to be at an internet cafe they wouldn't of known. It really is a disgrace that the fans who actually go and support away from home are so quickly forgotten about.

Also the fact that they did it on a bank holiday when so many people wouldn't have had access to their email to know about the ticket sale.

So well done leinster a job well and trully badly handled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

So well done leinster a job well and trully badly handled

It wasn't the neatest now was it? Most unimpressed. Got my tickets anyway, more thanks to RTE:obut still

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Does anyone know how do ticketmaster stop people buying 7 or 8 tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Am I the only one that's getting an error message when just trying to check ticket availability on the ticketmaster website?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

I don't think this is fair to say. There are "Hardcore Fans" who didn't manage to get tickets to the quarter final matches. I'm a hardcore fan who went to the Magners league matches last November in the pouring rain and sat in half empty stands. That still doesn't guarantee me a ticket to any of the "bigger" matches.

I'm not saying the ticket sale was handled correctly, in fact my opinion is just the opposite, but I don't think that it's fair to say that just because a fan wasn't at the quarter final match that they're not "hardcore".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 keeper2103

the error meassage is due to the fact that the public tickets are all sold out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Frowzy wrote: »
    I don't think this is fair to say. There are "Hardcore Fans" who didn't manage to get tickets to the quarter final matches. I'm a hardcore fan who went to the Magners league matches last November in the pouring rain and sat in half empty stands. That still doesn't guarantee me a ticket to any of the "bigger" matches.

I'm not saying the ticket sale was handled correctly, in fact my opinion is just the opposite, but I don't think that it's fair to say that just because a fan wasn't at the quarter final match that they're not "hardcore".

I don't think crisco was saying that if you weren't in London you're not hardcore, just that a lot of the ones who were there were hardcore.

Advertisement