Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Shaker ?

Options
  • 05-04-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

ultimate%20shaker%20bottle.gifWhere can I buy a protein shaker?
    I want one as I will be starting to use the SupplementFactorys Creatine

Creatine_web.jpg
    or do I need a shaker for it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

elveries sports in dundrum sell shakers for €3 euro a pop.

Shakers are used to mix the protein powder with milk/water and for bringing your protein or creatine to the gym.

Creatine is most effective when taken directly after a workout. id reccomend getting one.

By the way, do u take any protein? id reccomend protein as a supplement over creatine if u where to choose only one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If you've ordered that from a company it might be too late now but often they'll throw in a shaker or two for free if you made a large order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OP, I don't mean any offence, but judging by a few of your posts, I'm willing to bet money that you don't need creatine.

What exactly are your goals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

elveries sports in dundrum sell shakers for €3 euro a pop.

Shakers are used to mix the protein powder with milk/water and for bringing your protein or creatine to the gym.

Creatine is most effective when taken directly after a workout. id reccomend getting one.

By the way, do u take any protein? id reccomend protein as a supplement over creatine if u where to choose only one

Are they like the ones in the picture or are they like Nike or Adidas sports/ cycling bottles?

mikemac wrote: »
    If you've ordered that from a company it might be too late now but often they'll throw in a shaker or two for free if you made a large order.
    I havent ordered yet but will soon, and I dont think ill get one free from thesupplementfactory as what im buying is only €10 and 8.50 for shipping. See pic above.

OP, I don't mean any offence, but judging by a few of your posts, I'm willing to bet money that you don't need creatine.

What exactly are your goals?

No offence taken :)
    I just wanna work out longer or more and get bigger muscles. Ive been in the gym for over a year :confused: Not sure exactly how long but I have been making good progress but at the same time I want better results and I think Creatine will let me work out longer, have less recovery time and get better results. I dont want to look like im pregnant though or get love handles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Swizz wrote: »
    [/I]
    No offence taken :)
    I just wanna work out longer or more and get bigger muscles. Ive been in the gym for over a year :confused: Not sure exactly how long but I have been making good progress but at the same time I want better results and I think Creatine will let me work out longer, have less recovery time and get better results. I dont want to look like im pregnant though or get love handles.
    I think you should start a new thread detailing exactly what you're doing at the moment, what you're doing in the gym and what you're eating out of the gym, including height/weight etc.

People will be able to point out what you could do to improve, I think very few of them would recommend creatine tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I havent ordered yet but will soon, and I dont think ill get one free from thesupplementfactory as what im buying is only €10 and 8.50 for shipping. See pic above.

Ask and you shall receive
    Well maybe not for a small order but sure ask anyway. And if the company have their own branding, well then you'll be doing free advertising for them ;)

I don't think you'll get one, but I would include a cheeky request for a shaker too

Ok ill do it tomorrow. My diets not great though :( and only getting back into the gym recently from a month break because I was busy. Thanks for the replies, Ill post the link to the thread when Im done, so ye guys will know in yer USER CP>Subscribed threads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I think you should start a new thread detailing exactly what you're doing at the moment
    And without the bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

You can pick up shakers like the one in your picture in Tesco.

yes op the one in elveries is like in the picture, btw malteaser, what tesco sells shakers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

yes op the one in elveries is like in the picture, btw malteaser, what tesco sells shakers?

Clearwater, Finglas have them.

interesting, might stock up, one of my lids has slightly warped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

dude, if you have to ask wether you need a shaker then you more than likely dont need creatine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

out of interest, people in favour of push on or screw on?

i used to well prefere screw on, and hated the push ons. bt seems after time the push ons go on great while any of my screw on ones after a while melt my head by refusing to screw on properly and ending up with milk EVERYWHERE. extreamly annoyn while trying to mix and drive. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

I just wanna work out longer or more and get bigger muscles. Ive been in the gym for over a year :confused: Not sure exactly how long but I have been making good progress but at the same time I want better results and I think Creatine will let me work out longer, have less recovery time and get better results. I dont want to look like im pregnant though or get love handles.[/B]

Do you mind me asking how old you are ?
    I'm guessing from your posts, somewhere between 14 and 16 - no offence meant :P?

You should listen to the above and save you're pocket money. You'll get far better results making small improvements to your diet and training.

Money Shot wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how old you are ?
    I'm guessing from your posts, somewhere between 14 and 16 - no offence meant :P?

You should listen to the above and save you're pocket money. You'll get far better results making small improvements to your diet and training.

LOL Im 17 nearly 18. I share an this a/c with my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

I think you can get shakers in most chemists. I'd say they're about a tenner though, probably get them cheaper if you went somewhere else.

I'd agree that you probably have no need for the creatine at his stage as well though...
    If you just eat plenty of meat, eggs, milk etc you should be grand! Or if you wanted to get something you could just chance some whey protein. You'll be able to use a shaker for that as well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Hey Swizz, post up your goals and what you are hoping to achieve then we can all help you out.

Oh how I wish I was 17 and knew what I know now :D You are in a great position to work hard and make huge gains without any supplements and the habits you get into now will pay dividends in the long run,

Post it up and I will keep an eye out for it,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

if you order for over 50eur from universalnutrition.ie they give you a free shaker... I ordered from them a couple of times, those shakers are now all over the place, goddammit!
    edit: and I'm even not using the shaker, I use blender instead, live 5mins drive from the gym :)

Advertisement