Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-05-2008, 23:47   #46
steveland?

My SX strat was sitting around my room in pieces so I decided to do something with it that didn't involve spending any money...

Ended up looking not too bad. Wanted to sand the whole thing down but ended up getting very lazy and just doing the top, leaving the sides and back completely black which ended up looking cool (I think so anyway).

Went waaay too hard on bits of it sanding it down and there's some dodgy bits (around 30% of the visible surface actually...) but sure **** it... People spend thousands on signature models which have been artificially aged, this one at least has a story behind the dodgy bits

The scratchplate was a bit of an accident. Always liked the look of black scratchplates on natural finish guitars so tried to paint it but only had a black permanent marker... ended up looking a bit cack as you can imagine. A mate had a can of blue spray paint lying around which ended up being nearly finished so only trickles went flying out onto the scratchplate, BUT it ended up leaving a pretty cool finish. Have a clear laquer spray lying around I'll one day get around to spraying it with. Possibly laquer the body too but I don't know whether I'm arsed...

The guitar had been thrown around and had a good few dings and scratches in it so there's a few dodgy bits on the body but, hey, I like it and that's all that counts

Still got the stock pickups (although coloured in a little bit) but doesn't sound too bad at all. Stays in tune too which is always a plus

Calling it the Cackocaster.

Last edited by steveland?; 06-05-2008 at 00:06. Reason: Spelling mistake
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2008, 18:26   #47
GWK

Mesa Ace

Pics of my Stuff. Very Simple - Amp into Guitar with a Fulltone Wah in line and a MXR Delay in the loop. Dont mind the crappy pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ace Combo.JPG (692.4 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by GWK; 06-05-2008 at 18:37.
13-05-2008, 17:17   #48
here.from.day.1

Location: A tropical island where the fish are all the colours of the rainbow because they fell in some cans of paint.
Send a message via AIM to here.from.day.1 Send a message via MSN to here.from.day.1 Send a message via Skype™ to here.from.day.1
Family Portrait

Though it was about time for a nice group shot.

From Left to Right (As if I need to tell you guys!): Yamaha Keys, Boss ME-50B, ESP B50 Bass, Epiphone Limited Edition ES-135 Blueburst, Ovation Celebrity, Marshall MG100 100W, Marshall TSL 602 60W Tube, Fulltone Ultimate Octave Pedal, Ibanez TS9 w/12 Point Mod, Fender Standard Strat, Fender Dreadnought Acoustic, Liberty 3/4 Western Guitar, Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Custom.

Absent from Photo: Epiphone Limited Edition Thunderbird IV Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Gothic, Orange Micro Crush, Ashdown Five 15 100W, Ashdown Mag 300H Evo II, Ashdown Mag 410T, Cheap Millenium Electonic Drums, Numerous Effects.

Will post a few more I pictures up in the sticky.

Last edited by here.from.day.1; 14-05-2008 at 10:25.
13-05-2008, 17:30   #49
here.from.day.1

Location: A tropical island where the fish are all the colours of the rainbow because they fell in some cans of paint.
Send a message via AIM to here.from.day.1 Send a message via MSN to here.from.day.1 Send a message via Skype™ to here.from.day.1
As I said, more pictures of the crowd:

From Left to Right (As if I need to tell you guys!): Yamaha Keys, Boss ME-50B, ESP B50 Bass, Epiphone Limited Edition ES-135 Blueburst, Ovation Celebrity, Marshall MG100 100W, Marshall TSL 602 60W Tube, Fulltone Ultimate Octave Pedal, Ibanez TS9 w/12 Point Mod, Fender Standard Strat, Fender Dreadnought Acoustic, Liberty 3/4 Western Guitar, Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Custom.

Absent from Photo: Epiphone Limited Edition Thunderbird IV Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Gothic, Orange Micro Crush, Ashdown Five 15 100W, Ashdown Mag 300H Evo II, Ashdown Mag 410T, Cheap Millenium Electonic Drums, Numerous Effects.

Thanks from:
17-05-2008, 19:41   #50
Ravelleman

As it presently stands:

Fernandes Ravelle Ltd Ed, Gretsch G6118 Anniversary and Fender Robert Cray Strat.

Expect major changes soon though.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-05-2008, 00:27   #51
Karl Hungus
Closed Account

18-05-2008, 20:15   #52
Den_M

Send a message via Skype™ to Den_M
Thanks for that. I've just removed the neck,pickguard and bridge from my guitar. Thing is the neck and bridge pickups are kinda hanging in there. Can't really be removed unless I cut the wires connecting them.

I assume they need to be removed before sanding begins? Here's a current pic:

This is the first time I've tinkered with a guitar so it's all new to me!
18-05-2008, 21:20   #53
Den_M

Ok, so I just snipped the wires where they connected to the pickups and input jack and removed all the electronics, I assume this was alright? I'm gonna put some new pickups in once its finished anyway. Started removing the finish but only got this far before my hand cramped up as I have to use sandpaper...

What would make a good replacement for a Tele copy neck and bridge combination? I assume only a certain kind can fit in the neck position of a Telecaster?
18-05-2008, 22:23   #54
Ravelleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor J View Post
Nice, very nice. More pics and better pics required though
Ok:

My face is hideously warped in the Strat's comfy contours.

Ahah. You can see what I was meant to be doing instead of taking photos there.
Advertisement
19-05-2008, 20:10   #55
DeadSkin

Just thought I'd add mine to the sticky

Ravelleman, that's a nice lookin' menage a trois
Me likey the Engl stack Karl, lots of lights

Some fantastic gear being added over the months in here folks.
22-05-2008, 17:12   #56
Nahguavkire

Here We Go........

Slightly old pic, since then I've gotten another PRS Santana SE, exactly the same but with a hardtail bridge. I've also gotten a Collings OM2H which is phenomenal!! I'll get a pic up later. Also missing from the picture are a Cort GB24 Bass and a Fender Precision Bass....What do we think of that collective??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pics 068.jpg (264.3 KB, 115 views)
31-05-2008, 21:02   #57
Den_M

Just bought a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser from Boards.ie's own Deadskin.
That Edwards he posted above must have been the reason for selling!
Delighted with the Schecter - looks great, feels great, sounds great.

The iPhone built-in camera can sure take a good picture..

Last edited by Den_M; 31-05-2008 at 21:14.
09-06-2008, 01:03   #58
punchdrunk

me SG after putting some bareknuckle pickups emeralds in it
16-06-2008, 11:45   #59
Voodu Child
(Slight Return)

Japanese Yngwie Strat, with dimarzio's, brass nut, and scallops (makes you play faster!!). And an old-timey tweed case

19-06-2008, 11:14   #60
DeanML

Just Got this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image012.jpg (17.9 KB, 192 views)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion