Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lift to Navan Race on Sunday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Raam wrote: »
    Probably not a great idea!
    Definitely not!
    Well done blorg ba and smithslist & enjoy the trip to Spain blorg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

blorg wrote: »
    the Cat 1 who gave me a lift reckons actually racing Saturday and Sunday back to back gets you fitter quicker :)
    For what its worth, I think your 150 km+ epic spins in the mountains are great for strength and stamina, however if you are going to race seriously then you need to concentrate on speed work. Racing is the best way to work on this. When the speed work pays off then yes race Sat & Sun as advised by Cat 1 rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭ba

for the moment i am training as usual on sat, and will race the sundays for maybe 1 more month. then i should be in better form.

so when that time comes, i will just head out for a short 1 hour spin on sat, rest, then race the sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

blorg wrote: »
    racing Saturday and Sunday back to back gets you fitter quicker :)

it does bring u on, racing both days.....but training the day b4 a race in my opinion is recommended, depending how much training u did during the week & how u feel on Saturday morning.

Other than that day b4 a race spin shuld be at steady pace wit no so much miles covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yes, thanks for the comments, will have to look at specific training as that isn't something I have really done at all up to this point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement