Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Restaurant Deals during the recession

Options
  • 23-01-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Just been noticing the new offers many Restaurants have been doing to get more people in during the recession so I decided i might open a thread for the best restaurant offers available throughout the country i'll start

Ventuno on main street, blessington in wicklow has a great offer (atleast imo) where you get any 2 starters, any 2 mains and a bottle of house wine for 49.95. Amazing place but was a bit difficult to find as it was on the 1st floor.

Maybe we could get this thread stickied?:D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Good idea for a thread, I'll keep my eyes open myself.

No probs if it picks up interest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

got a link in an email today telling me about Milanos in Galway offering two for one on their pizzas! thats a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

hey down here in cork hardwood restaurant has a recession menu which is very good value compared to their normal prices and its lovely. 20e for starter, main, ice-cream and a glass of wine. recession-tastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Brasserie Sixty 6 are doing a special of buy one main course, get one free. Not sure what the restrictions are. And they're not in my favour after the last meal we had there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Red Bank Restaurant in Skerries is doing an early-bird 4-course for €25. Brilliant value.

Tarragon (also in Skerries) is also doing a main plus glass of wine for €14.95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Irish Times Lunch Offer
    €20 for 2 courses and glass of wine.

Mon - thursdays only 26 - 29 Jan and 2 feb - 5th feb

Chinasichuan

Town Bar & Grill

The Cellar

L'Ecrivan

Chapter One

Bentleys

Terms and Conditions
    • A copy of The Irish Times must be produced in order to avail of the offer – this can be any day’s Irish Times from 26th January to 5th February
    inclusive. Please note a maximum of two diners per newspaper. •Offer subject to availability • The offer is valid only for the period indicated • This
    offer is due to expire on the 5th of February 2009 • Service charge is not included •A voluntary contribution can be made when paying your bill to

Our Lady’s Hospice Ltd. (Harold’s Cross and Blackrock)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Just been noticing the new offers many Restaurants have been doing to get more people in during the recession so I decided i might open a thread for the best restaurant offers available throughout the country i'll start

Ventuno on main street, blessington in wicklow has a great offer (atleast imo) where you get any 2 starters, any 2 mains and a bottle of house wine for 49.95. Amazing place but was a bit difficult to find as it was on the 1st floor.

Forgot to mention they have a buy any Pizza or Pasta and get another half price offer too.

Spag bog x 2 cost me €12.00 :D Great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Wagamama have a lunch special on now- a main meal (choice of about 4) and a choice of about 4 beers for 9.99. Some nice choices too...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

hi there,

we were in the glenside hotel for dinner on saturday night and they have a special on i.e. starter, main, dessert, tea & coffee plus bottle of house wine for eur50 per couple - lovely meal and great value

The Glenside Hotel, Dublin Rd, Drogheda, Co. Meath. Tel +353 41 9829185

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

most of the really good restaurants have a menu at lunchtime for less than 30 quid.

harvey nichols
    patrick guibault
    the clarence
    chapter one (i think)

these have been around for a long time and are exceptional value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

Pamela on tony fenton show, today fm is checking out this:

As 6 of Dublin's top restaurants offer you a 'recession busting' lunch for €20 for the next two weeks, Pamela is setting out to find if these restaurants are all they're cracked up to be and if you get value for your 20 quid...

The restaurants taking part in this experiment are:

The Cellar L'Écrivain
    Bentleys Town Bar and Grill
    China Sichuan Chapter One

these are all dublin city centre restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cheapeats.ie seem to be trying to track all the special offers at the moment.

Carluccio's are offering a set winter menu for E11.95 (choice of two starters, choice of two pastas, an espresso/latte/cappucino). Really tasty too and there's an option to add a large glass of house wine for E4.95. Best part of the offer is that it is available in the evening as well as day.

Bleu Bistro have a two course lunch for E15.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

dudara wrote: »
    Carluccio's are offering a set winter menu for E11.95 (choice of two starters, choice of two pastas, an espresso/latte/cappucino). Really tasty too and there's an option to add a large glass of house wine for E4.95. Best part of the offer is that it is available in the evening as well as day.

Went in there yesterday straight after work, and for €12 you really can't go wrong. Good food and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

One Pico in Schoolhouse Lane are offering a three-course lunch for €20. Went there a couple of weeks ago and it was only gorgeous.

Marks & Spencer restaurant in Grafton Street are offering main course, dessert and a glass of wine for €12.50. Bargain!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

If that's M&S's weekend dinner deal, it consists of main course, side dish, dessert and bottle of wine for €12.50. Which is excellent value IMO.

Also Roly's have a three course lunch menu for €22ish. It has an almost identical menu to their a la carte and is gorgeous! I couldn't move after eating there.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

Anyone know of any good restaurants around Dublin that have early bird offers as good as the ones in here (another one is Mexico to Rome on Essex street for 14e) but that also have a BYOB policy - where you can bring in your own booze? I'm looking for a very cheap date!! :D

cheers,
    Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnnyacel1

I was in cavan town the other day,poped into a cafe for some lunch couldent belive my eyes,they were doing two meals for breakfest or lunch for only €7.00.now it wasent steak or anything like that, but you could get an omlette or a burger stuff like that and it was excellent, they dident skrimp on the porition or the service. so if anyone has seen a better offer than that please let me know.the place was called the hard boiled egg cafe, cool name too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

odessa in dublin are doing main courses for 5 euros. not sure of the T&Cs though

odessa in dublin are doing main courses for 5 euros. not sure of the T&Cs though

http://www.odessa.ie/index.php

"Odessa is proud to introduce our new Fivers menu - delicious tasty meals at only €5 a pop!

Fivers are between a main meal and tapas in size, so they're ideal for sharing or combining to create a feast of fantastic flavours.

Check out the Fivers menu in all it's mouth-watering glory under the dinner menu section of the website and give us a call!"

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

The Bell Pub in Blanchardstown has a special Valentine's Night offer of a 3 course meal for two, including a bottle of wine for €65.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Not so much a deal, as cracking value....

Green Nineteen, Camden Street
    www.green19.ie

Ate there last night, the food is quality simple fare with decent portions. all main courses 10euro. deserts 5 euro.

defo will be making this a regular, especially when heading to whelans for a gig...

Green Nineteen, Camden Street
    www.green19.ie

Went here last night - was really impressed. Food was freshly cooked, great ingredients and tasted fab. For 4 of us, we all had starters, mains, desserts & 3 beers each - it came to €38 a head not incl tip. Mains are a tenner and we all had something different, and I would have been happy to have any of them.

Tuesday night and it was jammers come 8.30. Defo worth a visit! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tamarama

Peploes St Stephens Green - Plat De Jour-12.50 + Glass of vino for 17.50

Locks- Portobello- Play De jour + Vino €17.50
    2 course Pre Theatre for €27.50

LeCrevin -Baggot Street 3 course Lunch €25 Mon- Fri

One Pico- Molesworth st 3 course Lunch €20 Mon-Sat

The Clarence - Temple Bar -Valentines Special 4 Course + 2 glasses of Bubbly €45

Tulsi- Baggott Street -2 course Lunch €7.95 3 Course €10.95 includes tea and coffee

Milanos Lunch €12.95

Waggamammas- €9.95

Keep 'em Coming Ireland we have been ripped off enough.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭billyhead

Any good restaurant deals on the northside of Dublin i.e Swords/Rush/Lusk/Skerries area that people are aware off

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

olaola wrote: »
    http://www.odessa.ie/index.php

"Odessa is proud to introduce our new Fivers menu - delicious tasty meals at only €5 a pop!

Fivers are between a main meal and tapas in size, so they're ideal for sharing or combining to create a feast of fantastic flavours.

Check out the Fivers menu in all it's mouth-watering glory under the dinner menu section of the website and give us a call!"

Tom Doorley just gave Odessa a good review (for what that's worth)
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2009/0228/1224241792950.html

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Jimmy Chung's chinese buffet on Eden Quay, Dublin has substantially reduced prices since it first opened. Used to be more expensive at weekends, but now the same (but lower!) prices all week. And it's all you can eat... :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

mambo wrote: »
    Jimmy Chung's chinese buffet on Eden Quay, Dublin has substantially reduced prices since it first opened. Used to be more expensive at weekends, but now the same (but lower!) prices all week. And it's all you can eat... :pac:

Weird, I was going to start a thread asking about this place today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Can't beat the Clarence's market menu. Super food super cheap.

Thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055479791

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Faith wrote: »
    Weird, I was going to start a thread asking about this place today...

The food is dreadful. Really not worth the price, it is so stodgy and bland. I'd make the visit up to Parnell street and try one of the places there, much better food for the same/less price point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

IronMan wrote: »
    The food is dreadful. Really not worth the price, it is so stodgy and bland. I'd make the visit up to Parnell street and try one of the places there, much better food for the same/less price point.

Well, it's a Scottish chain and I've eaten in the Edinburgh branches loads of times, but I was wondering about the Dublin one - if it's any good etc. I suppose I'll have to try it for myself to compare!

Incidentally, don't know if it's the same in Dublin, but here lunch is half the price of dinner for the exact same thing.

Advertisement