Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With Apologises to Monty Python. But What exactly have Fianna Fail done for us?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭

with apologises to Monty Python.

REG:
    They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had, and not just from us, from our fathers, and from our fathers' fathers.
    LORETTA:
    And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.
    REG:
    Yeah.
    LORETTA:
    And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.
    REG:
    Yeah. All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?!
    XERXES:
    The safe drinking water in Galway?
    REG:
    What?
    XERXES:
    The safe drinking water in Galway
    REG:
    Oh. Yeah, yeah. They did give us that. Uh, that's true. Yeah.
    COMMANDO #3:
    And the Investment in Public Transport, that was well done.
    LORETTA:
    Oh, yeah, the investment in Public Transport, Reg. Remember what Dublin city used to be like?
    REG:
    Yeah. All right. I'll grant you the investment in Dublin Transport, that was well done. and the drinking water in Galway are two things that Fianna Fail have done.
    MATTHIAS:
    And the roads.
    REG:
    Well, yeah. Obviously the roads. I mean, the roads go without saying, don't they? But apart from, investment in public transport . and the drinking water in Galway and the roads--
    COMMANDO:
    Home Grown Industry.
    XERXES:
    The Health Service.
    COMMANDOS:
    Huh? Heh? Huh...
    COMMANDO #2:
    Education.
    COMMANDOS:
    Ohh...
    REG:
    Yeah, yeah. All right. Fair enough.
    COMMANDO #1:
    And the Corib Gas Pipeline.
    COMMANDOS:
    Oh, yes. Yeah...
    FRANCIS:
    Yeah. Yeah, that's something we'd really miss, Reg, if Fianna Fail left. Huh.
    COMMANDO:
    Cervical Cancer Jabs for Women .
    LORETTA:
    And it's safe to walk in the streets of Limerick at night now, Reg.
    FRANCIS:
    Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it. They're the only ones who could in a place like this.
    COMMANDOS:
    Hehh, heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.
    REG:
    All right, but apart from the safe drinking water in Galway, Investment in Public Transport, education, the roads, public order in Limerick, Cervical Cancer Jabs for Women, the Corib Gas Pipeline, the health service, investment in home grown industry and public health, what have Fianna Fail ever done for us?
    XERXES:
    Brought peace.

OHHHH PISS OFF!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

snyper wrote: »
    Bollocks

What a well measured and rational response, with your rebuttal clear and concise and a point by point dismantle of my arguments laid out in a clear and well measured surgical assault on my rift. I am frankly in awe of the laser like precision of your rationality and fear I am in the presence of the finest debating mind to walk this earth since Socrates. (I would have said Cicero or Agrippa, but I fear wandering out of the shallow pool, I'd have lost you). Bravo sir, you've personified the shoddy level of political debate that has put this country in this woeful state. I salute your ignorance!

Diogenes wrote: »
    What a well measured and rational response, with your rebuttal clear and concise and a point by point dismantle of my arguments laid out in a clear and well measured surgical assault on my rift. I am frankly in awe of the laser like precision of your rationality and fear I am in the presence of the finest debating mind to walk this earth since Socrates. (I would have said Cicero or Agrippa, but I fear wandering out of the shallow pool, I'd have lost you). Bravo sir, you've personified the shoddy level of political debate that has put this country in this woeful state. I salute your ignorance!

please refer to my previous post

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I dont get it. Did this happen in the library with the dagger?

please refer to my previous post

Or the more traditional, "I know what you are, but what am I?"

Seriously do you have rebuttal better than a juvenile schoolboy response, child?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I know I am but what am I?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

giggsy664 wrote: »
    I know I am but what am I?

I think therefore I am...
    ...though that was obvious...

hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum

Diogenes wrote: »
    Or the more traditional, "I know what you are, but what am I?"

Seriously do you have rebuttal better than a juvenile schoolboy response, child?

please refer to my second post

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

They did give us a glimpse of what life would be like if we all lived in big
    houses and drove big cars and had 2 mobile phones and every year went to the galway races and bought the stupidest thing that we knew we didnt need and convinced us that if we had to tighten our belts it only ment that we were loosing weight,and that paying three times over the odds for somthing was considered a very very very good investment...

please refer to my second post

Repeating yourself isn't wit. Getting snotty isn't wit. Walk away you're not in the shallow end of the debating pool. Saying the same thing over and over again, will win the argument in the playground, also it seems you are incapable of constructing sentences, something that's considered juvenile. You can keep posting childish rebuttals, and I will keep pointing out how infantile they are, or you could slink off all embarrassed like.

Or you could you post a coherent rebuttal. But we both know options A and B are more likely don't we child?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bollocks

SPLITTER!!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

What ever happened to the progressive democrats then Reg?

Spouting the tired same old rehashed tabloid garbage doesnt warrant debate

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Diogenes, snyper, the two of ye cut it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,023 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This thread seems to be a lot of bollocks.

ejmaztec wrote: »

"SPLITTER":D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,896 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You're out of order!!! This whole court is out of order!!!!

Spouting the tired same old rehashed tabloid garbage doesnt warrant debate

Pointing out that 11million euro was spent in Garda overtime at Corib, enough to secure a year of 12 yo girls from cervical cancer isn't to my mind "rehashed tabloid garbage". I think if theres a drug than protect a generation of irish children from a lethal disease is something we can and should do.

Snyper things take protecting people from cancer is "garbage "that" doesnt {sic} warrant debate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I blame the Romans.

Bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

You're out of order!!! This whole court is out of order!!!!

* Hands Quazzie2002 a gavel *.

• Advertisement

You forgot e-voting machines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Fianna Fail are not that bad. Well they are, but none of the other political parties could have done better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

apart from 18 months FF have been in power for a generation so they can't blame anyone else for the missed chances of improving quality of life for us

All right, but apart from the safe drinking water in Galway,
    the original problem was lack of investment and it took ages to sort out a basic health issue
    and lead pipes are still a problem in galway

Investment in Public Transport,
    NTR get €600m for a £30m bridge which was no use without the £300m road paid for with public money, the whole cost overruns with NRA
    and almost nothing for Dublin Bus

education,
    class sizes, the apalling state of primary schools

the roads,
    yip any thing to get people into cars so they can sit in jams and our koyoto bill will be several hundred million
    still 400,000 L drivers out there
    still have hard shoulder that are of no use , layby would do the same job at a fraction of the cost and where suitable lanes exist we could add lots of overtaking lanes to N roads

public order in Limerick,
    tell that to the innocent rugby player

Cervical Cancer Jabs for Women,
    haven't looked up the cost benefit on this compared to other health issues
    but it is an area with good PR
    seeing as how 1 in 16 of carry the gene for cystic fibrosis , screening the population for this and cholesterol genes and other known health problems might not be a bad investment either

the Corib Gas Pipeline,
    Hmmm, I thought Shell were responsible for that

the health service,
    trolley ?

investment in home grown industry
    yet more money for the builders and screw small businesses

public health,
    we are investing almost nothing in prevention of many diseases that don't have good PR campaign ,
    a little investment in cleaning / quarantine would sort MRSA like it did in holland

what have Fianna Fail ever done for us?
    XERXES:
    Brought peace.

yes but I can't help feeling it was done as a distraction / time had come anyway
    and besides more people have died on our roads than during the troubles - don't have the stats but the over kill relative to UK road safety is probably more than the troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It's stupid the way people blame FF now...
    • Why didn't they blame FF when they were throwing medical cards at the rich old people rather than canceling national debt out, which would have being more logical, and as we can see now(with National debt running at 6%) would have been much beneficial in the long term?
    • Why didn't we make the financial regulator do his job when he was sitting on his arse doing nothing rather than now?
    • Why did we accept the mistakes of PPARS, and e-voting by voting for the mistakes all over again. Just that now, everything is being taken off everyone, now we start complaining.
    • Why is everyone now supporting FG, because everyone else is
    • Would we have made the same scapegoat out of Bertie if he was in power now? (i.e. the man who can do no wrong)
    Because voters are stupid, and democracy doesn't work.

As for cervical cancer, I say cut the funding. As for the medical card, I say take it off them. As for Education, I say double the funding. - Moral of the story; As long as Budget cuts don't affect me, I completely agree with them. All voters behave like this, whether they admit it or not.

In this case, it's the voters fault.
    I'm anti-parties, but I'd pick Fine Gael if i had to btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Excuse me nevf, I always blamed FF. And I don't agree with budget cuts just because they don't affect me, I don't have a cervix but still think its criminal to not introduce the vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I don't have a cervix .

Yer not missin much, let me tell ya!

Excuse me nesf, I always blamed FF. And I don't agree with budget cuts just because they don't affect me, I don't have a cervix but still think its criminal to not introduce the vaccine.
    I presume you're talking to me. :)

But if you were a rich old age pensioner, and FF said they'd give you a free medical card, even at the expense of protecting their public finances, and then FG said they'd protect the public finances, but they wouldn't give you a free medical card.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't vote for FF based on this?

nevf wrote: »
    I presume you're talking to me. :)

But if you were a rich old age pensioner, and FF said they'd give you a free medical card, even at the expense of protecting their public finances, and then FG said they'd protect the public finances, but they wouldn't give you a free medical card.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't vote for FF based on this?

Yes because I'm not a moron.

Yes because I'm not a moron.
    I never said you're a moron.

It is a factor when you're voting for people, how it's going to affect your pocket, whether you admit it or not.

• Advertisement

I didn't say you said.. *head hurts* Only a moron would say the budget was a good one because they got a tax cut, even though the rest of it was harmful to society.

Advertisement