Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Driver - Incident in Terenure

Options
  • 15-09-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Ladies, warning for you all, please be careful:

Girl tried to hail a taxi outside Brady's in Terenure on Saturday 13th September - taxi pulled up and it was been driven by a foregin national. He insisted that the girl get into the front of the car and she refused a number of times, thought he was just being silly. As she went to open the back door of the taxi she saw another guy lying on the back seat hiding. Luckily she managed to run at that point and get help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Janey thats pretty bad, how did you hear about it? I hope it was reported

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Some of the guys from the pub who helped her are friends of friends. She reported it and got the reg number

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

where'd you hear this?
    Sounds like a scare / scam to be honest.

Like all advice, just be careful when you're out and have your wits about you... no point spreading fear stories unless you know they 100% true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

This has been posted on boards several times before. Urban myths FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Indeed.

It happended to my mate's brother's dog's puppy's owner's next-door-neighbour's aunt's sister-in-law's, nephew's doctor's husband's golf buddy's son's ex-girlfriend.

True story.

That took way more effort to type than it was really worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Was this someone you knew?

I've heard this story many times before, never actually heard of it happening to someone anyone knew in person. If a taximan insists on anything they should be avoided.

Good to be careful though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Friends of friends, eh?

Why is the fact that it was a non-national driver important?

Should women be reassured and drop their guard as long as the driver is Irish?

Cathooo wrote: »
    Good to be careful though.

I should probably clarify that I agree whole-heartedly that it is more than just good, it's vital, to be careful.

I'm sure this may have happened at some point but fear-mongering really gets my goat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yeah this story has been doing the rounds for ages.

Still, there are incidents that happen so just be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

might just be myth but this actually DID happen to my brother and his Girlfriend

They were hailing a taxi a few weeks ago, and there was already a passenger, they agreed to share.. however when the taxi started driving in the wrong direction my bro said "hey whats the story, yer going the wrong way" the driver responded with something like "well how about we just let you off here and take your girlfriend with us" and the passenger started staring at my bro and laughing to the driver, so my bro decked him the driver stopped and tryed to grab my bro's GF so he smacked him aswell, they both jumped out and ran, my bro has been in many fights so he was ok, but his GF was shook for weeks over it.. they were propper scum!

• Advertisement

When things like this happen it ends up in the new.
    Jaysus someone stole the flowers from the roundabout down here last year and it ended up in the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Ladies, warning for you all, please be careful:

Girl tried to hail a taxi outside Brady's in Terenure on Saturday 13th September - taxi pulled up and it was been driven by a foregin national. He insisted that the girl get into the front of the car and she refused a number of times, thought he was just being silly. As she went to open the back door of the taxi she saw another guy lying on the back seat hiding. Luckily she managed to run at that point and get help.

So the taxi driver kindly hung around long enough for her to get her friends and get his reg? How thoughtful of him.

If you're going to post an urban legend at least try to make the story credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Heathen wrote: »
    might just be myth but this actually DID happen to my brother and his Girlfriend

They were hailing a taxi a few weeks ago, and there was already a passenger, they agreed to share.. however when the taxi started driving in the wrong direction my bro said "hey whats the story, yer going the wrong way" the driver responded with something like "well how about we just let you off here and take your girlfriend with us" and the passenger started staring at my bro and laughing to the driver, so my bro decked him the driver stopped and tryed to grab my bro's GF so he smacked him aswell, they both jumped out and ran, my bro has been in many fights so he was ok, but his GF was shook for weeks over it.. they were propper scum!

Write fiction much?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    When things like this happen it ends up in the new.
    Jaysus someone stole the flowers from the roundabout down here last year and it ended up in the news.

Ah yes but up here in the big schmoke, fordiners are constantly getting jobs as taxi drivers just to let their mates hide in the back to assault young women.:rolleyes: Sure people don't even bother ringing Joe Duffy about it any more.

Women walk everywhere instead of getting taxis now because they're so much safer on foot... Hardly newsworthy.

Seriously though, bad things do happen and it's bloody important to always be as safe as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Ok, so this might be one of those friend of a friend stories, but its not so far fetched as it couldn't happen, ya can't rule anything out in this day and age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

So there we have it ladies. Don't get into taxis. Walk home instead, it's far safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

WindSock wrote: »
    So there we have it ladies. Don't get into taxis. Walk home instead, it's far safer.

hahah we should just all stay at home!!

Lock the doors!!

No, we can't stay at home even. What if someone breaks into the house?

Or what if there's a fordiner hiding in one of the rooms when you buy/rent the place in the first instance? Just waiting patiently for that night you stay in on your own.

I heard it happened in Terenure once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Better we all just kill ourselves and be done with it...

• Advertisement

...And we're done. I started a new thread, you are invited to come and post over there :)

It's safe, and it's sexy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement