Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking in Howth 13th September

Options
  • 26-08-2008 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

A group of us are going to go for a walk on the above date. Also possible doing a boat trip to Irelands eye but will play it by ear on the day

http://www.islandferries.net/booking.html

Everyone is welcome especially new faces.:) Post here if you're interested!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I'm interested but won't know till closer to the date :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Same as above, definitely interested though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Brilliant!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Same as the other folk really.

I understand Karen has spare underscores and asterisks to hand out to newbies.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Karen_* wrote: »
    A group of us are going to go for a walk on the above date. Also possible doing a boat trip to Irelands eye but will play it by ear on the day

http://www.islandferries.net/booking.html

Everyone is welcome especially new faces.:) Post here if you're interested!:D

am really interested --do I need to bring my own sandwiches!

• Advertisement

No I was going to make them and bring the flasks:P

Just kidding! We could get chips or go to a coffee shop I suppose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I'll go if that's ok. I'll bring my rain mac :D

What time of the day suits everyone? Two o'clock?

What time of the day suits everyone? Two o'clock?
    sounds great - where?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I should be able to make it along to this.

How about outside the train station as a meeting point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Sounds like fun. Count me in! Train station meeting sounds like a good plan.

:(
    Afraid I can't make this, I got the dates wrong and I'll be taking pictures at the liffey descent on the 13th. If anybody is around on the Sunday I'd be up for an awl stroll.

Count me in :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Someone slip the weatherman a fiver.

Perfect weather for kayaking :D woop!

I was just thinking the same thing:eek:

In that case we should book the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Don't think you can book the M50. They'll hold your area till ten but after that anyone can use it.

Does anyone know where we'd get a gondola for hire?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Weather permitting... what sort of time would we be looking at meeting up at?

I've got a meeting that morning in work at 10. But I should should be able to meet in Howth at around Noon.

• Advertisement

Considering I'm going to beers the night before 12 is good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrishPegasus

Hey guys,

Never posted on this before, but a reader here for the last few months. Never had a chance to get to any of the events before due to work etc. Im in Dublin next weekend and would be interested in the walk (if ye dont mind?)?

IP

The more the merrier. Of course you're welcome to come along.:D

Ok can anyone who's defo going please post so we'll have some idea of who to wait for rather than some meet and head off and miss someone.

The more the merrier. Of course you're welcome to come along.:D

Ok can anyone who's defo going please post so we'll have some idea of who to wait for rather than some meet and head off and miss someone.
    me Im in - dont know anyone in the group though - only found this thread recently.

12 o clock howth station???????????? - do i have to wear a sunflower or something or will there be someone there with a bobble hat and clipboard

Me in. I'm the redhead.

If its pissing down like it is today take it I won't be there! LOL Other than that can we make it one to meet? As some of us will be going to the beers/ballygowans the night before. Its gonna take me ages to drive to Howth too! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

If its pissing down like it is today take it I won't be there! LOL Other than that can we make it one to meet? As some of us will be going to the beers/ballygowans the night before. Its gonna take me ages to drive to Howth too! :p

1pm sounds good! I'll be getting the DART there, so I'll try and get the closest one to the time. I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'll try and time it correctly. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrishPegasus

Im in.

Deadly! Now if the day is miserable will we have a plan B? Art gallery, cinema etc etc? Just in case the floods do come:eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was wondering about a plan B. Stick with Howth or something else? I guess we'll have a fair idea of the weather idea towards the end of the week.

Advertisement