Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way for bikini hair removal?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

I need to know the best way to remove hair "down there." please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It very much varies between each person. Some people just use a cream hair remover, seems to be a painless option but if you have a tough hair growth then it mightnt work so well.

Another option is waxing. While I personally wouldn't recommend home waxing (I just cant do it to myself) I have no problem going to a salon and getting waxed, I don't feel much pain in it, others do.

Other people just shave it and keep it tidy themselves on a day to day basis.

It's all a personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Wax.

Shaving and it goes stubbly. Immac burnt my skin.

When you do get it waxed be sure to exfolitate lots afterwards. Ingrown hair takes on a whole new level of pain down there.

Finally, yeah its a bit daunting but get as much done as you feel comfrotable. I sometimes go totally bare and sometimes just get neaten up. For a bikini/beach holiday I would say an extended bikini wax is about the minimum to ensure that you're not showing off any bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Waxing - it is quite painful but very quick and the effects are long-lasting. But yeah, go to a salon. It's unlikely you'd be able to apply that much pain to yourself.

I wonder how well epilators work.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I wonder how well epilators work.

If you think waxing is painful don't even think about epilating.

A whole world of pain. My one try of it resulted in my lying on the bathroom floor looking like a guy who had just got kicked in the nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Go to a salon and get hot wax. It's not as sore as getting legs waxed, I found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Waxing, definitely, and the good thing is the more you get waxed, the less painful it gets and the regrowth tends to get finer.

However, after many years and God knows how many thousands of euro spent on waxing, I'm getting lasered. My sister had it done last year and has totally sold me on it. I can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tobiesheba

Waxing is the only way to go and the money you pay is well spent. Beautician told me the last day though that you shouldn't exfoliate for at least a week after having it done, which was news to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

think ill stick with my razor. my pain level is very low. the only thing ill wax are my eye brows.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

WindSock wrote: »
    Go to a salon and get hot wax. It's not as sore as getting legs waxed, I found.
    i second that- hot wax does not seem as bad, believe it or not:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Go for a salon wax I think! I tried a home wax a few weeks ago and it was gas. I was psyching myself out for the pain and ripped the strip off. There was a pinch and like one hair came off :rolleyes: I used hair removal cream in the end, didn't have time to book a wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

mollybird wrote: »
    think ill stick with my razor. my pain level is very low. the only thing ill wax are my eye brows.

Seriously waxed eye brows hurt as much as waxed knees, and knees hurt by far the most during waxing, or so I've found at least, well excluding right on top of the pelvic bone. If you can stand getting your eyebrows waxed you'll be grand with anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

[QUOTE the only thing ill wax are my eye brows.[/QUOTE]

Seemingly this is no longer recomended - your eye area is so delicate that it causes wrinkles...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

mollybird wrote: »

Yea but theres a cream you can buy apparently, No Scream Cream!

Ive never used it but its meant to be good, they say taking painkillers a little while before halps too.

Its prob not as painful as you think! Altho i havent found the courage to go yet! I just use removal cream, which works a treat! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

OP,

Where are you based??

Waxing is probably the best option but there are some butchers out there so methinks its very dependant on where you are located!!

Oh, and a serious thumbs up to the hot wax...deffo the most painless option!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Knee waxing? is this a new trend?!!

I've heard armpits are the worst, haven't tried it though.

Hot wax - and get it all off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Waxing is definitely the most long term solution next to laser hair removal. I have a mate who got laser done and she swears by it. Painful but it's a few sessions of that or a lifetime of waxing so I know which I'd choose.

Having said that my last wax left me bleeding badly and with vicious purple marks for four days :-( But I think she was just a butcher.

The only pain with waxing (apart from the obvious) is having to let it re-grow, which isn't ideal in a situation if you'd be wearing a swimming costume on a daily basis.

Advertisement