Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernian to shift admin to India. I won't insure with them in future.

Options
  • 23-06-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Watching the news today shocked to see Hibernian laying off 580 of its administration and shifting all this work out to India for cheap labour. They can go and look for their business out there as well. I won't be using them again. http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0623/jobs.html

Its Ironic that the word "Hibernia" is the Roman name for Ireland.

Hibernian selling out Admin to India. 247 votes

I couldn't care less as long as they can come up with a cheaper quote
    0% 0 votes
    I am shocked with this and intend bringing my insurance elsewhere.
    34% 85 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    65% 162 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Watching the news today shocked to see Hibernian laying off 580 of its administration and shifting all this work out to India for cheap labour. They can go and look for their business out there as well. I won't be using them again. http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0623/jobs.html

Quinn are in Cavan for exactly the same reasons...

I didn't know those Romans were still around these days. Modern Romans call Ireland Irlanda... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Unfortunately shareholders come first, thats life with these companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

not being smart but if this is a reason not to do business with a company I have a feeling your potential product range will become narrower over the next few years. This isn't the first and won't be the last company to move jobs overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

If they start insuring in India, it's time to split from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

testicle wrote: »

I didn't know those Romans were still around these days. Modern Romans call Ireland Irlanda... :D
    At least you can sort of understand someone on the phone from Cavan, but try to explain a Dublin traffic accident to some native living in Banglore. :confused:

• Advertisement

Also the the thing is with the money they safe they loose a hell of alot of customer satisfaction. I really do think that people find it difficult to deal with people who are on the other side of the world with no real experience of the country they are dealing with, just the generic tick the box problem solver on the screen in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

I'm was a hibernian employee until recently : it's time to start the boycott

the staff were told previous this was never on the cards. This has , of course, been in pipeline for a long time ever since the current MD took over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I don't get it. What have they done wrong? Would you prefer it if they charged you higher prices?

not being smart but if this is a reason not to do business with a company I have a feeling your potential product range will become narrower over the next few years. This isn't the first and won't be the last company to move jobs overseas.

Well with in his rights to support irish jobs.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

testicle wrote: »

Quinn have Blanch, Cavan and Fermoy.
    They also have a hotel beside the Cavan office, and home for S Quinn is Fermanagh.
    Big difference to "india"

Companies like Dell have found out that the savings on moving to India, are less than the cost of enterprise customers leaving due to the language issues. Dell have moved jobs back to Texas because of that.
    Company I worked for is one of the big players in outsourcing helpdesk. When they attempted to move support from Dublin to India, the company I was supporting cancelled the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Could'nt care if they were on the moon, if it means cheaper insurance for me:cool:

Could'nt care if they were on the moon, if it means cheaper insurance for me:cool:

Shop around if ur quotes are not good. Suppose your position is you couldnt care less if pennys used child labour to stitch up their resonably priced clothes??

I don't get it. What have they done wrong? Would you prefer it if they charged you higher prices?
    I would to support Irish jobs, cheap prices do not mean everything. It eventually leads to shoddy service.

The Indians are perhaps the most difficult people on earth to try and explain anything to, speaking from a mate of mine that works in Dell. This will haunt Hibernian.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The first thing that struck me when I heard this was the number of companies who moved their call handling operation to India in the last number of years and ended up moving it back. They do not always make all the savings that they think they will - whilst labour might be cheaper other costs increase and then there is the risk of losing business. Time will tell.

Another interesting point to note is that wage levels are on an upward curve in Bangalore. And for top people they still have to pay what is top dollar for that part of the world.

Whilst this restructuring is supposed to take 3 years to complete it would not surprise me in the slightest if it is never completed and if they start to restructure back to Ireland before the end of the 3 years.

Also does this mean that all people insured by Hibernian will have to take hammers to their cars to re-model them??:D

nocal wrote: »

Also does this mean that all people insured by Hibernian will have to take hammers to their cars to re-model them??:D

I think that is a pre-requisite:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

It's just another example of blatant corporate profiteering. Why should they charge higher prices if they are already making a profit? They're simply employing this tactic to make even more profits for the shareholders. It will backfire, however, since I am another who will no longer use them.

Kernel wrote: »
    It's just another example of blatant corporate profiteering. Why should they charge higher prices if they are already making a profit? They're simply employing this tactic to make even more profits for the shareholders. It will backfire, however, since I am another who will no longer use them.

Start the revolution!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

u sure they're relocating to India?

It might be just a few "India mail" bags they have floating around their mail room that gave u that impression.

You need to get fotos of Jamshid and Rashid in a Delhi call centre talking to Irish customers before we can believe you ;)

nocal wrote: »

No, it just means that all Hibernian policy holders insurance will be covered to drive in India :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Bwaahahah, you think this will lower your insurance premiums? The margins in insurance are already obscenely high, this is just an effort to squeeze another drop of blood out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Bwaahahah, you think this will lower your insurance premiums? The margins in insurance are already obscenely high, this is just an effort to squeeze another drop of blood out of it.

Good for them!

Good for them!

eeekk shareholder alert!!!:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

At least you can sort of understand someone on the phone from Cavan, but try to explain a Dublin traffic accident to some native living in Banglore. :confused:

I know there is a joke to be made here somewhere but I can't put my finger on it :D

marco_polo wrote: »
    I know there is a joke to be made here somewhere but I can't put my finger on it :D
    It could be worse i.e Cork :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Is this the same crowd that offer the ignition course and don't want to know you if you drive anything above a 1.4lt? lol screw them...quinn already piss all over them anyhow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

wow

imagine trying to explain an accident to the lads in india...:eek:

i mean 3 are bad enough with their take out your sim card and reboot malarkey, what will they do with hibernian.. take out your car battery and re start it in the morning.?:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Wertz wrote: »
    Is this the same crowd that offer the ignition course and don't want to know you if you drive anything above a 1.4lt? lol screw them...quinn already piss all over them anyhow...
    That is them.

Queue the customer services issues. My current employers moved our accounts payable to India nearly 4 years ago. Only in the last year have the problems been sorted.

Insurance is a good scam in fairness. You pay for cover if you have an accident, but if you do have an accident, you can't ask them for the cover as you'll end up paying 10x more than if you just bankrolled it yourself. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

listermint wrote: »
    Unfortunately shareholders come first, thats life with these companies.

yeah, how dare those companies look after their owners.

• Advertisement

yeah, how dare those companies look after their owners.

Instead of their staff and customers? Hell yeah.

Advertisement