Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spooky Nocturnal Goings on...

Options
  • 13-06-2008 8:59pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's Friday the 13th, and the Doom has had an idea for a thread!

Us all being Nocturnals and all that, whats the spookiest thing to happen to you in the small hours?

Two things come to mind for me.

First was the time I was called into work at 3 am.

It was the middle of a storm which hit about 4 or five years ago.

I was the keyholder for the store I managed and there was an alarm call.

I went out into the storm and managed to flag a taxi.

When I got to the store the Gardai had not arrived, but the door had obviously been kicked in.

I waited in the rain, trying to hide in case whoever had kicked in the door came out.

Standing alone, in the rain, with thunder and lughtning rumbling overhead, I had nothing to do but think about what kind of people I could be about to run into.

I stood there for 25 minutes. the Gardai never showed, but the other manager did.

We entered the pitch black store together and silenced the alarm, but could not close the door- the lock had been shattered.

We started exploring the store to make sure there was no one there and then we heard a loud crash back at the front of the store. Worried, but unable to do anything as we were basically trapped in the store between whoever- or whatever it was- so we decided we'd better go look.

Grabbing a curtain pole for defense, we worked our way back to the front of the store.

Thankfully the wind had knocked over a stand... nothing to worry about... but by christ we were scared!

Possibly who ever had done it escaped in the murk when we were looking around... Or had already fled when I entered the place.

What about you lot? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Once I woke up and there was a spider crawling across my lip..........Not exactly spooky but it's all I can think of.

EDIT: Unless it was a ghost-zombie-ninja spider. That would have been spooky

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Turns out that I sleep walk. The night I found out was when I went outside and fell asleep in the flower bed. Woke up covered in slugs and other creepy crawlies. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

OK stick with me on this one! we have an alarm fitted to the house, but when I met Mrs Spider, she said she had disconnected it as she would set it then it would either go off in the middle of the night or be switched off in the morning. One of her relatives said her brother, who has passed, used to love gadgets and it was probably him.

So when I got all my disco equipment I thought I would try and sort it out. I used to work for an alarm company and so know a bit about them. Anyway I reconnected the fuses, and the battery but it needs a comeplete reset by the alarm company that fitted it as it has been off for so long. Well at the top of the stairs we have one of those PIR detectors, (PIR = Passive Infra Red) every time we go up or down the stairs it comes on. Thing is there is NO POWER! The mains is disconnected, and the battery is unplugged!

Another time Mrs Spider called a psychic and she had some of her family round. She has a double door connecting the parlour to the living room, and the psychic kept saying I see flowers, red flowers, do you have a garden? Nope, it's all paved was Mrs Spider's reply.

Anyway she thought this psychic was getting it all wrong, but when she got off the phone, her brother said look at the door. She has red roses on the glass! The psychic also told her that she should put a picture of Our Lord back up as her mother wants it up. (her mother passed a few years before)

So that's my experiences!

BOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

anytime its dark im seeing banshees consintly around my house so not a good thing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

anytime its dark im seeing banshees consintly around my house so not a good thing

Are you sure they're banshees..?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

SDooM wrote: »

The use of narcotics and psychotropic agents, including methamphetamine, cocaine, and LSD, can produce shadow human shaped hallucinations. Dopaminergic drugs such as pramipexole can sometimes cause these hallucinations

But it's odd as I when i went to visit my grandparents in Scotland they lived in a house that was 175 years old and a shadowed figure went across the window at around 2 o'clock .It was very peculiar as they lived in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

banshees..?
    ...Vashta Nerada!

they would make more sense.its kinda like dark figures int he corner of my eye but when i turn they go.if i look in a reflection though they stay.its really weird not that off putting as im not superstitious of sceptical.its just my mind getting scared in the dark but its really weird!

and i dont take any drugs so that aint the cause of it!

they would make more sense.its kinda like dark figures int he corner of my eye but when i turn they go.if i look in a reflection though they stay.its really weird not that off putting as im not superstitious of sceptical.its just my mind getting scared in the dark but its really weird!

More likely your brain trying to make sense of something it doesn't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I think I know what you're talkin about.
    Except when it happens to me, it's like I can see them and they can't see me! Like it feels like I'm the one who's in the shodow cos I get all cold

• Advertisement

More likely your brain trying to make sense of something it doesn't understand.

id say so.if i were to go with the apart banshee=death thing my friends and the interweb told me id be afraid to wlak out the door!:rolleyes:

id say so.if i were to go with the apart banshee=death thing my friends and the interweb told me id be afraid to wlak out the door!:rolleyes:

This happens to alot of people actually. I know 2!

This happens to alot of people actually. I know 2!

hopefully theyre still alive?

hopefully theyre still alive?

At least one. :) I do know the sense of dread seems to be very real for one of them.

At least one. :) I do know the sense of dread seems to be very real for one of them.

well its reasuring theyre still alive and kicking.
    i think theyre weird and kinda freak me out but i usually see them on my search for food and nothing puts me off that hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

I just had to read this before bed didn't i? :(

my bedroom window has no curtains or blind for that matter...,

it's gonna be a long night! :(

echter wrote: »
    I just had to read this before bed didn't i? :(

my bedroom window has no curtains or blind for that matter...,

it's gonna be a long night! :(

Nocturnal forum.

Feel free to stay up til burny cancer flame ball time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

why did i read that shadow people thing? now i'm scared... :(

Can't, have to do the dishes and get my arse off to bed before the growned ups come back from the nuclear sub.

fonpokno wrote: »
    why did i read that shadow people thing? now i'm scared... :(

Some people don't believe they are a bad thing...

Anyway, I'm a zombie hunter, I can handle them. :)

• Advertisement

what's the closing time for pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Some people don't believe they are a bad thing...

Anyway, I'm a zombie hunter, I can handle them. :)

ewww get rid of them. i live on my own and am way overtired so this thread is freaking me out.

Have to go up a big dark stairs to bed. :(

i'm not a zombie hunter though! i'm not capable of dealing with the shadow people myself... well i guess i'm sleepin with the light on tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

finding myself getting addicted to here.

seen as we are the sort of people that stay up late through the night when strange paranormal phenonemons?..... are supposed to occure has any body got any scarey stories.

ill get the ball rolling, about a month ago myself and a freind were out testing a night vision scope at about 2am, i live in the country so its scarey enough at night but we were walking down the road and a few meters ahead on the road under a sign was a shape just like a man that glowed white in the scope but the edges were blurred:eek: when we saw it we ran like hell back to my house. a few days later i was reading in the manual that a chemical reaction in the scope can cause small white blurs.

another night staying in a freinds house in the middle of the night a freind pulled me out of the bed and told me to listen at her bedroom window for screaming. but it was a fox lol

When I was younger I used to see shadow people out of the edge of my vision, every where.

It happens to alot of people and there are a few scientific reasons postulated, but that didn't stop it being as scary as hell... out of the corner of my eye, every where, watching me!

There are two posts in this thread and I am already scared. I shouldn't be nocturnal, this crap scares the hell outta me...

fonpokno wrote: »
    There are two posts in this thread and I am already scared. I shouldn't be nocturnal, this crap scares the hell outta me...

BOO!

BOO!

AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

:(

edit: no hobnobs for you now Mr DooM!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

still see shadow people cocassionally andhave seen reflections in morrors when noone there

have spent a few hours one night with a group talking to someone and then the next day none of them bar 1 remembered talking to the person and when we ask officals about her there was no record of her staying in the place she said she was staying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

here are a few more

well heres a few that ive written elsewhere here before

1) i used to work in an old hospital and in one of the rooms the bell didnt work properly and i went in to check the patients and one of them called me over to them totel me it was ok that they didnt need water as the nun got it for them. i said grand but there was no nun working there but one was suppose to haunt the bckstairs.

2) while working in australia i got a job on nights in a hospital after a couple of weeks on a ward i went in one night and had my back to hallway as i was at a filing cabinet. I heard a cough behind me and said one moment be with you now. I turned around and tthere was no one there but for the rest of the night there was a presence following me around a few inches away from my back and there were a lot of strange happenings like a bell going off in an empty room which lit up above the door, phones ringing in another room with 2 comatose patients and the light going on above their door to indicate a callbell being rung for attention. Also a few other things occured throughout the night until about 620 am when i heard another slight cough and the presence that had been following me around vanished.

3) A close friend died a few years ago left us pretty devastated for a long while , i still miss him now as he was like a brother. But about a year or so after he died, I was chatting about general stuff to my parents in our frontroom. There had been no mention of friend in a while and we werent discussing him then. Anyways i went out to make tea and came back in to see my friend sitting on the couch beside my Dad. i could see my Dad's arm resting on the back of the sofa through my friend. He looked at me then at my Mum and then at my Dad, then back at me he smiled then vanished. I went pure white and my knees buckled an dmy parents jumped up asking what was up so I told them. Ths occured during the day.

4) When i found my dress last year again during the day. I got all hyper and excited was on phone to folks a few times trying to figure out how to buy dress, get it kept etc. Anyways it took over an hour of me running in and out of Alexanders Bridal practically guarding the door lest anyone buy my dress before i could. Anyways when it was all sorted and the dress was reserved for me i went outside for a breather looked up Parnell Street and there was friend from above story standing across the road. He smiled waved then turnd and walked up the street then vanished. Havent seen him since then but sometimes get the feeling he checks in to see how i am doing.

5) My sister had a stillborn babygirl, a few years ago then went on to have 2 kids. Often at night she puts all the childrens toys away and when she comes down in the morning theyre organised in a circle or heaped on top of one another or thrown around room like they had been played with. also occasionally whe the kids were babies she would hear a young girls voice on the monitor talking to the baby. she lives in the country no other babies around at the time

i babysat for her last Saturday night and Dh came too. At one stage we heard the sound of a small childs footsteps in the hall and DH said one of the kids are up. I got up the kids were asleep and i could hear the footsteps upstairs so i yelled X (the name they gave the stillborn baby girl) go to bed and the footsteps stopped. Strange DH heard them too.

6) I was on annual camp with scouts when i was 10 or 11 and myself and 8 others spent 3 hours talking to this youngish nun at our campfire. Next day only 2 of us remember her being there myself and the only other girl. When i asked the people who owned the land we were staying on when did the nun leave, they told me there was no nun staying there.

and i have loads more incidents that have happened to me or other people in my family but sure another time

Advertisement