Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grafenwelder weissbier?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Never tried it my self but its wort ha shot at 1.50 a pint or so, I had a few like that "unknown" German most turned out to be pretty good.

A could reviews of it said it want bad, especially if price is an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

thanks, was thinking of getting that party keg thing, so i'm now looking for beer i'd like that would fit into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

There used to be a superstrong version of it available - hilarious - didn't taste that bad mind you. Just a little yeasty like all the strong beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

topper75 wrote: »
    There used to be a superstrong version of it available - hilarious - didn't taste that bad mind you. Just a little yeasty like all the strong beers.

Thats the stuff lidl are selling in a 500ml can. €2 a pop.

topper75 wrote: »

that not their wheat beer and not all strong beers have a yeast taste especially one like you are quoting as the are generally filtered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Anyone tried it?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080522.p.WeissbierKeg

Doesn't look to me like it's pressurized, so would a tap be required?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Merged. Thanks oblivious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Anyone tried it?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080522.p.WeissbierKeg

Doesn't look to me like it's pressurized, so would a tap be required?
    Yes bought one the other day. It has a tap built in and it tastes ok. Judging by the amount my husband put away last night.:D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

bought one at the weekend, havent opened it yet. was just about to start a thread about it actually.

Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

heggie wrote: »
    is grafenwelder weissbier any good? lidl are selling it along with this http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080522.p.BeerTap

It's a Weissbier?

this is like Erdinger then.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irishbird wrote: »
    Is it any good?
    I didn't really like it. It's quite watery.

Any idea on what the pils is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I liked it, and the pils. Would not be quality beer but you are not paying quality prices so you get what you pay for.

I had some of the pils at the weekend.

It's alright.

A little too hoppy for my tastes, but not a horrible beer, by any standards.

Advertisement