Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin...

Options
  • 26-03-2008 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Let's make it 3 in a row, and go for our spin on Saturday... we'll be leaving Harolds Cross Dog Track at ten, will hit Dundrum (Joe Dalys) at about quarter past.

All welcome, even non boardsies!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I'm up for it. Meet you there. Racing on Sunday morning.
    Not a prob.
    10:15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I'm good to go too. Conversion to drops complete! Bring it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

what kind of distances have you boys been doing on your runs?

I did 75km last week, but we split after about 20, when most turned back. I did 30 round trip the first week, we went further last week, so guess around 20 or so out, same back.. give or take

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm in. anyone got a route in mind they'd like a go at?

• Advertisement

have any of the spins gone into the bigger climbs yet? Sally Gap, Wicklow Gap?

Myself, Dundrum / Glencree, around the Valley, back through Enniskerry / Stillorgan.
    40 miles.

Raam wrote: »
    have any of the spins gone into the bigger climbs yet? Sally Gap, Wicklow Gap?
    myself and emty went up over sally last saturday, but no-one else did.

Planet X wrote: »
    Myself, Dundrum / Glencree, around the Valley, back through Enniskerry / Stillorgan.
    40 miles.
    How about something a bit like this?

lol.
    Caught!:eek:

• Advertisement

lol.
    Caught!:eek:
    You must have set the new speedo to KM instead of miles :)
    edit:
    Oh doh on my part - I presumed you were giving your *intended* for this week, not what you did last week! DOH! I was suggesting this for this coming saturday.
    edit2:
    edited the map to a more realistic route of what we did last weekend, so you probably did 40 miles after all. sorry!

i'd be up up for the sally gap if anyone fancies it? want to see how the legs feel on a longer climb.

I would be up for it too, but ideally leaving a little earlier in that case, I kind of need to be human again by 2pm or so. It's at least a 3 hour round trip from Dundrum at a good pace if you go left off the top and down by djouce. Although I suppose I could go up and back down from the enniskerry side, that'd be fairly short timewise.

hmm, you present me with a dilemma. get up earlier to go for a longer spin. na, sure we may as well try to stay as a group, at least at the beginning and then play it by ear. i think i'm just getting a bit over eager to get some miles in becuase i think i'm running out of weekends. only 72 days to the w200 you know...

right so. but I'm in the same boat, running out of weekends. Still, there'll be bright evenings very soon! Yippee! So lets aim to go up sally anyway but start if not stay with the group, I will probably come straight back down the same way though. If I don't brake I can probably freewheel all the way to kilternan!

10 weekends, loads of time as long as you start increasing your effort. Put in a few shorter mid-week spins and you'll do nicely.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'll probably be up for this and will confirm later. Was planning on staying with the group until Glencree and heading on over the Sally Gap.

cool.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Shame the weather isn't going to be like today.

el tonto wrote: »

The faster you go, the quicker you get home :)

• Advertisement

True. But I want to start working on my tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

On your third week now, fairplay lads.
    I can’t do it this weekend, but I will, soon. I swear. I’m putting in my interest now, I’ll do it as soon as I can. Although by the time I do make it out with yee you’ll all be riding like pro’s. Probably.

el tonto wrote: »
    erm I think I might have something else to do on Saturday morning after all. Indoors as it happens, where it's nice and dry and warm and not with 47km/h winds. What are the odds eh? ;)

I'll just do a lap of Glencree Valley as last week.
    Weather dependent. Quiet fancy sitting in Insomnia knockin' an espresso back and nursing a Cappuccino and a slice of Brownie.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Well, I doubt I'll be goin over the gap (not on the paddy wagon!), but I will when I get a bike with some gears :)

Will most likely be doin the same route as last week, but sure we'll see how it goes

I'll just do a lap of Glencree Valley as last week.
    Weather dependent. Quiet fancy sitting in Insomnia knockin' an espresso back and nursing a Cappuccino and a slice of Brownie.
    :pac:

and bird watching.:D

Well, I doubt I'll be goin over the gap (not on the paddy wagon!),
    Sure haven't you a flip flop hub? You can put the freewheel on for the descents, if that's whats got you worried :D

Well, I doubt I'll be goin over the gap (not on the paddy wagon!), but I will when I get a bike with some gears :)

What bike are you getting, and when are you getting it? Remember to give yourself time to adjust to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

Might consider joining you guys myself, will I get away with my flat bars and 28c tires of my trusty FCR?

I'd be joining at Dundrum, though admitedly it'll be very dependent on wheter I'm boozing on friday night or not :o

• Advertisement

RtD- i'd say you'd be grand on it. we won't be setting any records for pace :).

Advertisement