Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IoffL Mod is a childish disgrace

Options
  • 03-03-2008 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

cgarvey wrote: »
    St0n3d banned for 1 week for WUMming, giving inaccurate and misleading advice and failing to clarify on request.

I think that was uncalled for. If you cant take his advice or wrap it around your own heads, then put your head down into the sand and hide.

Since when do Boards.ie hire childish admin?

Your a disgrace. After reading all his posts, I see not one flame, one curse, one cocky post . Yet another "genuine" member banned for knowing too much.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

blueline wrote: »

Yet another "genuine" member banned for knowing too much.

That's a matter of opinion.

Advice contrary to general wisdom and practice is generally useless advice.

Furthermore claiming X is a legal requirement and then refusing to back up the claim and then being utterly vague is childish in the extreme and downright misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Discsussion on how I'm childish and I'm a disgrace moved from this thread.

I have no response to make on the matter other than my actions are always open and in line with the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Who are you blueline? 4 posts in early 2006 and now this post. Was St0n3d banned in early 2006 too? There are so many things wrong with your post i'm not gonna read any further.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

A poor rant IMO. You could have done better OP to hold back the lolcats.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As the "silent" IOFFL mod I completely support this ban.

The poster in question was all text and no content. He even stated (in a roundabout way) that he had no desire in the discussion, rather opting to just spout.

For the recored, cgarvey and every other moderator are neither "hired" nor are they admins.

blueline, declare your interest now. I know that you know the poster in question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

WUMming?

Well, you learn something new every day.

WUMming with a question mark implies (to me) one of 4 things:

1) You don't think he was winding anyone up. If so, I disagree.
    2) You don't like the second 'm' in there? If so, I justify it by other English words following that line. E.g. "sum" and "summing".
    3) You don't like the "ing" part of it. If so, then I can see the argument for "being a WUM" vs. "wumming", but the latter seems to be more regularly used of late.
    4) You just didn't know what it was. Period. If so, then I was there once!

:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Err, that's great but some of us *still* don't kknow what it means! :)

Wind Up Merchant

Can we not just say "troll" like the olden days?

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »

olden days *snigger*...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

How is one week off anything to make a song and dance about? I'm banned for life from Personal Issues, you don't see me moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

Times they are a changing moose!

bealtine wrote: »
    olden days *snigger*...

In the real olden days I guess they'd refer to blueline as a "sock puppet".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

So then , does the 'ing' make it winding up merchant , or wind up merchanting ?

jonski wrote: »
    So then , does the 'ing' make it winding up merchant , or wind up merchanting ?
    The latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Indeed....he is a WUM as he carries out WUMing

a day with something learned is a day not wasted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 STEVO B

bealtine wrote: »

Advice contrary to general wisdom and practice is generally useless advice.

Spoken by a man 'I feel' much lacking in wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Jeebuz! It's is only a week ban, take it like a man (up the arse).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

FruitLover wrote: »
    How is one week off anything to make a song and dance about? I'm banned for life from Personal Issues, you don't see me moaning.
    Certainly not in PI anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

boom boom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Well he can always go unreg for a few mins and start trolling, not that it's going to make much of a difference, but, sher you'll have that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

nevf wrote: »
    Well he can always go unreg for a few mins and start trolling, not that it's going to make much of a difference, but, sher you'll have that!

if you get banned from PI and it really, really upsets you, I think you should be allowed post about it on PI just so someone can tell you to join a club or summin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

As the "silent" IOFFL mod I completely support this ban.

The poster in question was all text and no content. He even stated (in a roundabout way) that he had no desire in the discussion, rather opting to just spout.

For the recored, cgarvey and every other moderator are neither "hired" nor are they admins.

blueline, declare your interest now. I know that you know the poster in question.

Your starting to trend toward's I always back my buddy mods. what ever that makes your posts.

Poor chap was just out of hospital. I suppose users should be medically fit before they use their internet now. Pfft. "Spouting" Heartless ban.

pirelli wrote: »
    Your starting to trend toward's I always back my buddy mods. what ever that makes your posts.
    Yes, one post makes a "trend". I haven't forgotten about your issue or your PM, just haven't found the time to decipher it.
    Poor chap was just out of hospital.
    Irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Could someone design some sort of filter that dosn't let you post a thread in Feedback if it contains the words 'disgrace,nazi,banned,unfairly or mods'? This forum is like liveline these days.

In blueline's defence, it was I that chose the thread title having moved a couple of posts from an existing thread. Your point still stands, obviously.

cgarvey wrote: »
    In blueline's defence, it was I that chose the thread title having moved a couple of posts from an existing thread. Your point still stands, obviously.
    Well it does justice to his post :) Not really misrepresentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Could someone design some sort of filter that dosn't let you post a thread in Feedback if it contains the words 'disgrace,nazi,banned,unfairly or mods'? This forum is like liveline these days.
    it's a good job it isn't a ring-in show or we'd be fecked altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

nevf wrote: »
    it's a good job it isn't a ring-in show or we'd be fecked altogether!

The cat pics wouldn't be as effective on radio!

Advertisement