Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the lads only!! :)

Options
  • 15-02-2008 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Boys, my mate got dumped by his gold digging girlfriend, he spent alot on her over the year abd she rarley ever put her hand in her pocket.
    its just got me thinking as its the year 2008, all this paying for her type thing should be over (unless they return the favour) he is starting to go out with another girl, who at these early stages is a bit like the the old g/f demanding wanting gift etc.

just got me thinking : (its only a bot of fun, what men should do on the first this)

1-Dont arrive with flowers & milktray

2-Dont Open the doors to returants or taxis etc.

3-50/50 all the way.
    (that includes, if u go 2 the balloon machine, tell her to have 2.50 on the table when u get back from the jon)

4-Always talk about sport.
    6- check out any girls that pass, and if they have a nice bum & boobs say it
    7- lastly, but most importanly, if u need to let a jack the ripper ask her 2 pull ur finger if she is hesitant - end the date imeadiley

if u get a call off her the next day she is a keeper

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

thats typical irish bitches, only intetested in money and presents and ****...

phfft

screw that. times are though! bring back a nice japanese woman and yer sorted.

FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Despite the title, women will still feel the need to post in this thread. It's bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

+1

and the bitches are clean AND tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

rb_ie wrote: »
    Despite the title, women will still feel the need to post in this thread. It's bizarre.

Yeah but Legs11 could be a big fuk off butch hairy arsed laser beam. They count as men

If she's demanding/wanting gifts early on, dump her. Sure enough she can accept small gifts such as a meal out or something, but to actually be seeking such stuff is plain greedy and playing on the "men will pay for everything" BS. Ditch the greedy bitch.

Also, what guy arrives for a first date with flowers and a box of milktrays?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

May I suggest an amendment to number 2....

2. Don't open the doors to restaurants/taxis etc for her. Make her open them for you instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Yeah it depends on the type of girl your going for. I had a g/f who was all i want i want i want. Even when i was out of work, the useless bitch couldn't get a job and i had to pay her rent for her and for her food. Then the only time she ever paid for anything for me, which was a night out (she gave me 50euro). She demanded i give her that 50euro back after we broke up. I was so f*ckin angry with her, but i should have seen the selfish streak earlier. :mad:

Its difficult i find to ask a girl to pay for her own drink or even worse buy you a drink after you've bought her one. Some do it without being asked, others sit there staring at an empty glass with a presumptive scowl on their faces.

Wominzzzzz!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Barefoot and pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

lads lads, just chain her to the sink the minute you meet her, your on to a winner there..

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I went out with a girl a few years back when i was in college.
    She wasnt a student and used to complain that i never spent any money on her..except when i was in the pub...go figure :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

1-Dont arrive with flowers & milktray

3-50/50 all the way.
    (that includes, if u go 2 the balloon machine, tell her to have 2.50 on the table when u get back from the jon)

7- lastly, but most importanly, if u need to let a jack the ripper ask her 2 pull ur finger if she is hesitant - end the date imeadiley

Are you my boyfriend? Cos those are his rules! Hmmm, maybe I should 'up' the divaness, I think I'm missing out!

Edit: Oohh, riiiight, I get it now.. Those are first date rules. He was very well behaved at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I used to be a man

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

If she's demanding/wanting gifts early on, dump her. Sure enough she can accept small gifts such as a meal out or something, but to actually be seeking such stuff is plain greedy and playing on the "men will pay for everything" BS. Ditch the greedy bitch.

Also, what guy arrives for a first date with flowers and a box of milktrays?

Contrary to what you'd probably believe I (and I'm sure lot of girls on here) would agree with you, if she's activily seeking gifts so soon in the relationship then she is a greedy bitch, unless I was living with someone I'd expect to pay for everything 50/50 because it's only fair and if we were living together I'd just see our money as both of ours. To the OP maybe your friend has an attraction to girls like this, maybe you should have a talk with him because he may just be easily manipulted and some girls will take advantage of that.

July wrote: »
    Are you my boyfriend? Cos those are his rules! Hmmm, maybe I should 'up' the divaness, I think I'm missing out!

Edit: Oohh, riiiight, I get it now.. Those are first date rules. He was very well behaved at the start.
    Yes!I'm right again!

You silly women can't keep your noses out of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yes!I'm right again!

RB wins! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't have time for people bleeding others for every penny they're worth - irrespective of gender or relationship they have to the person in question.

Asbad wrote: »
    RB wins! :D

Hurray!
    Dudess wrote: »
    I don't have time for people bleeding others for every penny they're worth - irrespective of gender or relationship they have to the person in question.

I know you can read properly...yet you still replied in a thread titled "One for the lads only"...hrmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

3-50/50 all the way.

I've never understood why you'd do it any differently if you're both earning similar money, which is fairly common these days tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I can be "one of the lads" :(

Yeah but the operations are expensive and time consuming.

Damn Microwave and Time Machine guys - wrong forum, lads! :mad:

• Advertisement

3-50/50 all the way.

Roffle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Boys, my mate got dumped by his gold digging girlfriend, he spent alot on her over the year abd she rarley ever put her hand in her pocket.
    its just got me thinking as its the year 2008, all this paying for her type thing should be over (unless they return the favour) he is starting to go out with another girl, who at these early stages is a bit like the the old g/f demanding wanting gift etc.

Your friend is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

Yes!I'm right again!

But, we agreed, twenty euro for me to make you look all knowledgeable! You said you wouldn't post an 'I told you so' message!

On topic, more fool the guys who put up with these scroungers of women.

July wrote: »
    On topic, more fool the guys who put up with these scroungers of women.

On topic?!You mean, the topic aimed at men?!How about you run off to the ladies lounge to talk about tampons or whatever they do over there! :)

And I can't be bought

Pffft... tampons! How antiquated.

It's all about menstrual cups these days.

Pffft... tampons! How antiquated.

It's all about menstrual cups these days.
    Just googled it, and it certainly does seem to have it's advantages!

* Can be worn up to twelve hours before emptying. Manufacturers recommend that tampons and pads be worn for no more than eight hours.
    * Contain no harmful substances (e.g. dioxin and bleach), unlike many commercial tampons and sanitary napkins.
    * Compared to sanitary napkins
    o Can be worn during sports such as swimming. Tampons can also be worn swimming, though they may wick water, become saturated, and then drip dilute bloody water. Menstrual cups are therefore more reliable menstrual protection for public swimming activities.
    o Will not cause cystitis by transferring E. coli from the anus to the urethra or vagina, as long as proper hygiene is practiced.
    o Will not cause the warm, damp conditions around the vulva that favor bacterial growth.
    o Will not absorb the natural fluids present in the vagina, which can cause dryness.
    * Compared to tampons
    o Do not dry/scratch the vaginal walls or leave fibers behind.
    o Do not interfere with the vagina's natural sloughing off of dead cells.
    o Do not disrupt the vagina's natural acidity as bleached menstrual products do.
    o Have never been linked to Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS).
    o Can be inserted at any time of the month. This allows the user to practice inserting the cup or to insert the cup when they are expecting their period, instead of having to wait for it to begin.
    o After urination, leaves no wet string behind.
    * Longer-lasting
    o Useful for travel, where access to tampons or sanitary napkins could be limited.
    o Cost less than tampons or sanitary napkins, if expenses are added up over the long-term.
    + Some manufacturers, such as The Keeper and Instead, offer a money back guarantee.
    * Manufacturing may be less harmful to the environment, as it does not use bleach, wood pulp, or other potentially environmentally damaging substances.
    * Require very little storage room, making them ideal for packing in luggage or for those who have very limited living space.
    * Menstrua tends to have less odor compared to tampons and pads.
    * Allow the user to track the amount of menstrua by visually inspecting the contents of the cup.
    * Can be used for a wider range of anatomical structures (ex. with tilted uterus).
    * Are ideal for paramenopausal women or women on certain hormonal contraceptives who can have irregular spotting (light bleeding) during much of the month and for whom using tampons for such long durations is not possible because of dryness, irritation and health risks such as TSS.

*shudder*

How dare you?!!

A period is a beautiful thing!*

*may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

[quote=briantwin;55149595]Yeah it depends on the type of girl your going for. I had a g/f who was all i want i want i want. Even when i was out of work, the useless bitch couldn't get a job and i had to pay her rent for her and for her food. Then the only time she ever paid for anything for me, which was a night out (she gave me 50euro). She demanded i give her that 50euro back after we broke up. I was so f*ckin angry with her, but i should have seen the selfish streak earlier. :mad:

Its difficult i find to ask a girl to pay for her own drink or even worse buy you a drink after you've bought her one. Some do it without being asked, others sit there staring at an empty glass with a presumptive scowl on their faces.

Wominzzzzz!!!![/quote]

Did you?
    Your username is funny...if you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

To fingerpaint is not a sin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Damn Microwave and Time Machine guys - wrong forum, lads! :mad:

Bah, we're getting the blame for everything lately, and we're not even a forum. (in this present time) :p

Advertisement