Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(NO CHAT - READ RULES IN FIRST POST!) Bargain Alerts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭robdsherlock

looking at the two websites, hwvs and amazon, amazon seem to nearly always come out cheaper.
    just curious as to why hwvs seems to be thenorm here, lot more variety on amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

not for me, always comes out more expensive for builds, in addition most of the time its from different sellers so each item would be charged shipping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

looking at the two websites, hwvs and amazon, amazon seem to nearly always come out cheaper.
    just curious as to why hwvs seems to be thenorm here, lot more variety on amazon.
    Are you sure your checking the shipping charges to ireland correctly?

Also, use http://geizhals.de/ trick to save even more on HVS.

ya there is free shipping when you buy over £15 or something like that. I built my pc from amazon and was much cheaper than a lot of places. like everything I guess, shop around till your happy with what you pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Burgo wrote: »
    not for me, always comes out more expensive for builds, in addition most of the time its from different sellers so each item would be charged shipping.

It seems like most items I find get free super saver delivery.
    Once it has that you're golden Richards.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

3TB seagate Barracuda @ DABS for 87.68

(P.S. click on the Buy Used Stock link)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Currently a 2-4 week wait for dispatch (and likely a misprice/wrong item).

MSI AMD R7950 3GB DDR5 Twin Frozr PCI-E Graphics Card - €188 delivered from Amazon. [Link]

I'd recommend selecting 'Amazon' as the seller from the list on the right-hand side of the page. Amazon are great for returns/customer service in case there has been some error (the product ASIN is for a nVidia GTX 650Ti Boost Edition).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

7870 GHz Edition for ~€205 from Aria. Not unusual in and of itself (HWVS is around the same price) but it comes free with:

Far Cry 3
    Far Cry: Blood Dragon
    Tomb Raider
    Bioshock Infinite

The same four games that that 7770 a couple of weeks back came with. I ordered it, and didn't get exactly those games (Sleeping Dogs instead of Tomb Raider) but they will honour it, and it's still good value, etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Chat in bargain alerts? You will awake soltaire with his mighty banhammer from his odin sleep!

Says you! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I know a lot here might not be able to use Musgrave but, if you can they are selling 400ml cans of compressed air for 3.99 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

90% off the entire Alan Wake franchise on Steam. Only €3.60 until June 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Fnz wrote: »
    Currently a 2-4 week wait for dispatch (and likely a misprice/wrong item).

MSI AMD R7950 3GB DDR5 Twin Frozr PCI-E Graphics Card - €188 delivered from Amazon. [Link]

I'd recommend selecting 'Amazon' as the seller from the list on the right-hand side of the page. Amazon are great for returns/customer service in case there has been some error (the product ASIN is for a nVidia GTX 650Ti Boost Edition).

One guy who ordered two card had both his 650ti delivered to him today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Serephucus wrote: »
    7870 GHz Edition for ~€205 from Aria. Not unusual in and of itself (HWVS is around the same price) but it comes free with:

Far Cry 3
    Far Cry: Blood Dragon
    Tomb Raider
    Bioshock Infinite

The same four games that that 7770 a couple of weeks back came with. I ordered it, and didn't get exactly those games (Sleeping Dogs instead of Tomb Raider) but they will honour it, and it's still good value, etc.

I see a lot of mentions for Aria all over this forum. It's worth noting that they charge £26.95 to Ireland for anything up to 5kg so good for a build but not great for buying individual components.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Support/Delivery+Costs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

They didn't for me. It was only around €7 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Ah, that's awesome then! I reckon there's been a surge in stuff being purchased from Aria lately but they've not update their shipping costs page yet.

I know from getting their newsletters that they are becoming increasingly more viable lately when compared to hardwareversand and dabs. Sorry for the off topic post mod, I wasn't sure where to highlight this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Roughly 70% off on sandisk SSDs on Amazon

120GB - £83.06

240GB - £139.99

480GB - £279.99 RRP: £920.64

amazon I would use a lot but if im after something i'l search threw all the sites i know to get the best deal, I'm regretting ordering of computer parts ireland tho, ordered on the 22nd of may, only posted on sat so will be just under 2 weeks waiting for an item I paid €10 for delivery. would not recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Roughly 70% off on sandisk SSDs on Amazon

120GB - £83.06

240GB - £139.99

480GB - £279.99 RRP: £920.64

Samsung 120GB SSD is €82 on hardwareversand..

But when you factor in delivery it works out about the same :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Danger781 wrote: »
    Samsung 120GB SSD is €82 on hardwareversand..

But when you factor in delivery it works out about the same :rolleyes:

Using Parcel Motel?

BostonB wrote: »
    Using Parcel Motel?

Why would that matter? :confused:

Delivery to Parcel Motel (from amazon) is €3.50 I dunno what it is on the German site.

BostonB wrote: »
    Delivery to Parcel Motel (from amazon) is €3.50 I dunno what it is on the German site.

Free super saver delivery to Ireland from Amazon.

It's about €18 from Germany if I'm not mistaken.

So it ends up costing roughly the same :rolleyes:

My bad I missed you were using sterling for Amazon and euro for Germany.

Except the SanDisk ones are better it looks like

SanDisk 120GB
    Sequential Read up to 550MB/sec
    Sequential Write up to 510MB/sec
    Random Read 23K IOPS
    Random Write 83K IOPS

Samsung 840 series 120GB
    Sequential Read up to 530MB/sec
    Sequential Write up to 130MB/sec
    Random Read 85K IOPS
    Random Write 32K IOPS

Not sure why their random speeds are completely opposite of each other :confused:

Edit: Despite the fact that the SanDisk looks faster it isn't - A quick google search revealed that the Samsung 840 is superior, and the 840 pro is better again.

Samsung is also cheaper.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amd-fx-8350-4ghz-socket-am3-retail-boxed-processor-149-99-ebuyer-1573179

AMD 8350 8 Core 4.0GHz processor down to £149.99

Seems to be the cheapest around at the moment for this processor :)

An 8320 is the better buy if you are really after a bargain. Same processor just lower clocked but you can clock it to 8350 levels and higher.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-FX8320-Edition-4-0GHz-Socket/dp/B009O7YU56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370619599&sr=8-1&keywords=amd+8320

BloodBath wrote: »
    An 8320 is the better buy if you are really after a bargain. Same processor just lower clocked but you can clock it to 8350 levels and higher.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-FX8320-Edition-4-0GHz-Socket/dp/B009O7YU56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370619599&sr=8-1&keywords=amd+8320

I know, I'm not denying that. Just felt it was worth mentioning the 8350. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

www.dabs.ie
    • Free Delivery Above €300.
    • EX25 coupon code at checkout to get €25 orders above €400.
    Not sure when these offers expire...

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just passing on a spot by someone else in the BA forum. Its a pretty good deal for a what is a very decent budget 120GB SSD, although if I was buying I still think the 120GB 840 is probably still worth the extra €12-13 or thereabouts.

Kingston V300 120GB: €79.56 (According to my amazon irish prices chrome plugin) with super saver delivery.

Original BA thread here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056967427

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

The 23" (€189) and 24" 1200 vertical pixel (€259) ultrasharp dell monitors on komplett seem to be decent prices assuming they still have free shipping (havent ordered off them in a few years ). Sorry no links, on phone

And the U2713HM for €499, should be slightly cheaper than amazon, including VAT and conversion fees and a good €30 cheaper than hardwareversand.

http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb_04rand/20177535/dell_ultrasharp_u2713hm__27/details.aspx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008W6AK0O/ref=nosim

8GB RAM for £17

Possible misprice..

Expired :(

Today only @ overclockers.co.uk

AMD Piledriver FX-8 Eight Core 8350 Black Edition 4.00GHz (Socket AM3+) Processor - £139.99 + £8 delivery

I used discount code GLEB55HL for 2% off and the total price came to £146.60.

Compare that to other retailers:
    Ebuyer £167.58
    Amazon £152.23 Now £147.99 but Overclockers still slightly cheaper with the code
    Hardwareversand €177.15 + Delivery

Assembly is €5 again at hardwareversand.

I know, I know, why would you pay someone to do the most fun part? But some people are weird like that. :pac:

Also, they've done some questionable jobs at times, but €5 < €20.

Do they post the boxes and such for all the parts for the build, or just assemble, and ship the tower completed in a box?

EXPIRED

Corsair 12GB (3x4GB) Dominator RAM complete with an airflow RAM cooler - £38.57 Delivered @ Amazon.co.uk sold by gowingsstoreltd.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ST3ZE8/ref=nosim

Cracking deal!

Corsair Dominator 12GB 3 x 4GB Memory Kit PC312800 1600MHz DDR3 DIMM CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 Components Memory

61HnvVT7FjL._SX385_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Danger781 wrote: »
    Corsair 12GB (3x4GB) Dominator RAM complete with an airflow RAM cooler - £38.57 Delivered @ Amazon.co.uk sold by gowingsstoreltd.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ST3ZE8/ref=nosim

Cracking deal!

Corsair Dominator 12GB 3 x 4GB Memory Kit PC312800 1600MHz DDR3 DIMM CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 Components Memory

61HnvVT7FjL._SX385_.jpg

Tried buying and sending to my UK address (won't accept irish address) and it keeps saying:

"Some items are no longer available We're sorry. Some items became unavailable after you added them to your shopping basket. Click here to return to the product detail page and try another seller"

Looks like it's a non-runner.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yep. It's been removed. Seller must have copped themselves on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Price: £101.79 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery.

That was quick.

Yeah they fixed it pretty quick!

Should be interesting to see if it gets shipped :)

Do any of ye guys know where is the best place to pick up an internal hard drive? Looking for a reliable brand (WD etc.) and 1tb is the size I want, unless there is like a 2tb for not much more for example. There is a blue WD on amazon for €60~ delivered, is that the normal going price?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ChoppersX

Came across this site while looking for a voucher for hardwareversand, used this code V75VXXX89M for the €20 voucher, You'll have to create a new account for the voucher(s) to work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

ChoppersX wrote: »
    Came across this site while looking for a voucher for hardwareversand, used this code V75VXXX89M for the €20 voucher, You'll have to create a new account for the voucher(s) to work :)

Beauty! I'm going to be ordering from them in a few weeks' time. Pity it means new account, I like ordering from the same account from a "good customer" perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ChoppersX

Gumbi wrote: »
    Beauty! I'm going to be ordering from them in a few weeks' time. Pity it means new account, I like ordering from the same account from a "good customer" perspective.

I think they maybe only valid til the end of the month, not sure whether the voucher(s) require you to spend a certain amount ie spend over €500 to use the €20 voucher code, also before anybody tries it... you cannot sadly add more than one voucher :(

Minimum spend of €1000, and only new customers only for the €20 voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

VXUUE3H93V
    Voucher code for hardwareversand.de, 10 euro discount
    It works, your order needs to be at least 500 euro though and you need to be a new customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Overclockers have some refurbished Corsair cooling going for decent prices.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18521571

• Advertisement
Advertisement