Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dummies Guide to Wimmins

Options
  • 22-12-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

Inspired by the thread on Man-Lit, I decided it would be a useful and practical thing to do to initiate a guide for the Brothers on how to deal with wimmins, a Dummies Guide if you will.

The rule is you only offer *one* tip per posting.

Seeing as I'm no particular expert, I have only one tip which is particularly topical at this time of year and considering we brothers have our annual Christmas Shopping period coming up (4pm Christmas Eve).

Rule #1: Never buy a wimmin clothes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Rule #2 - The Word "Fine"

i. If a wimmins says she's "Fine" there is something the matter. It is at this time that you should engage your mind-reading skillz to determine what this something is.

ii. If a wimmins says it's "Fine" when you tell her you are going for a few pints after work, it generally isn't.

iii. If a wimmins says it's "Fine" when you suggest going to the chipper/chinese for dinner, she actually wants to be taken to Shanahan's On The Green.

iv. If a wimmins says it's "Fine" for you to wear torn jeans and paint splattered T-Shirt to her mother's house on some occasion, opening an envelope for example, she actually wants you to wear a tuxedo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Rule # 3 The phrase "Whatever you like"

When a wimmins utters the phrase, "Whatever you like" they do not mean for you do to "whatever you like", they mean for you to do what they like, but they won't tell you what that is. Time for mind-reading skillz again.

trout: do you want pizza or kebabs for the biha dinner ?
    mrs trout: <pause>
    mrs trout: whatever you like
    trout: <realises>
    trout: or how about a nice meal in your newest favourite restaurant of your choice, my blossom :confused:
    mrs trout: hmmph ... OK then, that sounds nice.
    trout: <phew>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

4 If a womon says you look stupid wearing that monkey /bobble hat over your head ignore her . If it's really freezing you wont care what anybody thinks, her included .............or she might suggest if you were a gentleman (which your not ) you would give it to her instead to keep warm

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Lads the rules are great but if you want to become an expert take this course.

http://www.amazinghumor.com/jokes/menandwomen/furthermencourses.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

trout wrote: »

When a wimmins utters the phrase, "Whatever you like" they do not mean for you do to "whatever you like", they mean for you to do what they like, but they won't tell you what that is. Time for mind-reading skillz again.

trout: do you want pizza or kebabs for the biha dinner ?
    mrs trout: <pause>
    mrs trout: whatever you like
    trout: <realises>
    trout: or how about a nice meal in your newest favourite restaurant of your choice, my blossom :confused:
    mrs trout: hmmph ... OK then, that sounds nice.
    trout: <phew>

Not quite true. Sometimes it means "just make a decision and stop standing around blathering - I'm hungry!"

Just to confuse you further of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

if a wimminz says ANYTHING to you, remember the safe cross code

one look for a safe place

two dont hurry stop and wait

three look all around before you open you gob.

Why do you think judge had a black eye? thats right, missis judge. poor bastard was speaking from experience

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Rule # 0 The Golden Rule

Q: How can you tell when a wimmins is being irrational, unreasonable, or plain ol' vanilla wimmins when she is speaking to you ?

A: Her lips are moving.

I'll get me coat :rolleyes:

HAPPYGIRL wrote: »
    Lads the rules are great but if you want to become an expert take this course.

http://www.amazinghumor.com/jokes/menandwomen/furthermencourses.shtml

I reccomend this for you Happygirl:How to be a better woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Thanks nialler that has totally shown me the error of my ways! :rolleyes: :D

HAPPYGIRL wrote: »
    Thanks nialler that has totally shown me the error of my ways! :rolleyes: :D

It's about time,now get back into the kitchen;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Wimmins: Does my bum look big in this?

smashey: Darling, you're bum would look big in Texas.

Always tell the truth,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Wimmins: Do these jeans make my bum look big?
    Hagar: No, it's all the cakes and chocolates that does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

when a woman asks you what's on TV, do NOT reply "dust"

Well you should mention that she might have neglected to dust the telly in a while.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

5 (or whatever)

If you insult them, they will work harder to impress you. If you show them any sign of affection or gratitude they will take this to mean that they have won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Rule 6: When a wimmins asks "what are you thinking?" don't tell her the truth (sex/football/auto-repair etc) as she will at best not understand and at worst think you are lying.

So instead just make up an answer that will lead to a "problem solving" conversation and a lot of head nodding from yourself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ruthiedv

If yis really want to know what us wimmins want, just get yourselves a box set of Sex and the City. It covers pretty much everything from not banging our heads against the headboard to brown stripes on the couch(big no-no:D)

BTW, when I say "Fine" or "whatever you like" there's no hidden meaning, I just mean fine or whatever you like. Unfortunately himself has heard that mind-reading thing too and never believes me. Drives me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

ruthiedv wrote: »
    If yis really want to know what us wimmins want, just get yourselves a box set of Sex and the City.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ruthiedv wrote: »
    If yis really want to know what us wimmins want, just get yourselves a box set of Sex and the City. It covers pretty much everything from not banging our heads against the headboard to brown stripes on the couch(big no-no:D)

I got sick a little after reading that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Pigman II wrote: »
    I'd rather gouge my eyes out.
    Funnily enough, I though the same as soon as I read the post but you beat me to it yet again, Pigman.

As for Sex and the City, we brothers like our wimmin with a bit of maite on them ruthiedv, and generally wouldn't go for the ugly man-faced tit-stand types as featured on that show.

In fact, if we're on the subject of aspirational TV shows, if you say that Sex and the City is what we need to watch to understand you, then by the same token you should watch the A-Team to understand us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ruthiedv

In fact, if we're on the subject of aspirational TV shows, if you say that Sex and the City is what we need to watch to understand you, then by the same token you should watch the A-Team to understand us.

Ah, my mistake. I didn't realise you all survived day to day,using your considerable skills to help others while on the run accused of a crime you didn't commit.

I thought your mission was more watching footie,drinking beers (that aren't bud) and eating curries:D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

When you're buying food like say a burger and you ask her would you like one, the response: "No i'm gettin fat so I won't" does in fact mean: "I'll take "several massive chunks out of yours" instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Being of a technical background, this one was a hard learning experience.

When a woman comes to you with a problem, she does not want you to solve it. Instead she wants to you to listen to her problem and empathise. i know, i know... what the ****?

For extra credit, after empathising for what seems like an eternity, the real trick is giving her the solution while still maintaining that its "her" solution and she thought of it. which will in turn give her more self worth and will result in less "wha, wha, woe is me" time for you to endure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Hahah, oh man, my sides! Comical. :) I'm using that one this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

LOL brilliant thread lads, you's really are clueless :D:D I'll do you's a favour, Since I have the unique perspective of living both sides of the fence in my 35 years on the planet I'll explain some of these things for you:

Rule #1: Never buy a wimmin clothes.

It's fine to buy a wimmin clothes but your opinion of "clothes" may differ from her's, G-strings and peep-hole bras are not her opinion unless she specifies them ;)
    DesF wrote: »
    Rule #2 - The Word "Fine"

While not always, sometimes we use the word "Fine" as an early warning system so you are aware that your actions now may lead to a spat later. We try to trust your judgment to do the right thing and know that telling you straight out what to/not to do will only end badly so think of it as a suggestion. A quick tip here is if the answer is "Fine!" then the suggestion should really be changed but if the answer is "Yes that's fine honey :) " then that's more of less permission. ;)
    trout wrote: »

Like "Fine" this works the same way, we know you like to make decisions and are happy to let you as long as they're the right decisions but, of course, want you to think the idea was yours so as not to damage your ego so listen for the tone it is delivered in we may just mean it as "Whatever you like" just trying to be nice ;)

hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Kazobel wrote: »
    LOL brilliant thread lads, you's really are clueless :D:D I'll do you's a favour, Since I have the unique perspective of living both sides of the fence in my 35 years on the planet I'll explain some of these things for you:

It's fine to buy a wimmin clothes but your opinion of "clothes" may differ from her's, G-strings and peep-hole bras are not her opinion unless she specifies them ;)

While not always, sometimes we use the word "Fine" as an early warning system so you are aware that your actions now may lead to a spat later. We try to trust your judgment to do the right thing and know that telling you straight out what to/not to do will only end badly so think of it as a suggestion. A quick tip here is if the answer is "Fine!" then the suggestion should really be changed but if the answer is "Yes that's fine honey :) " then that's more of less permission. ;)

Like "Fine" this works the same way, we know you like to make decisions and are happy to let you as long as they're the right decisions but, of course, want you to think the idea was yours so as not to damage your ego so listen for the tone it is delivered in we may just mean it as "Whatever you like" just trying to be nice ;)

hope this helps :)

So your saying your a trans gender person? No wait you just have no balls.

So your saying your a trans gender person? No wait you just have no balls.

No actually, I'm a Transsexual person which everyone on here is fully aware of already. If you posted here as much as I do you'd have known that and wouldn't seem so foolish now because that was a really stupid attempt at a hit and the "balls" joke has been done to death :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

No actually, I'm a Transsexual person which everyone on here is fully aware of already. If you posted here as much as I do you'd have known that and wouldn't seem so foolish now because that was a really stupid attempt at a hit and the "balls" joke has been done to death :rolleyes:

ULTRABURN!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

So your saying that you don't have balls than?

• Advertisement

So your saying that you don't have balls than?

Why are you so obsessed with my genitalia?

Advertisement