Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damages [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 30-09-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭

A new series called Damages started last night or rté. Anyone watch it? I thought it was good and it looks like it has a lot of potential. Basically it's about a high profile court case. It's nice to see Ted Danson in a good role since Becker. I'm actually looking forward to next weeks episode.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914387/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah its up to episode 8 in the states. Really enjoying it...

Crap timeslot on RTE though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭fta keith

TmB wrote:
    Yeah its up to episode 8 in the states. Really enjoying it...

Crap timeslot on RTE though.....

it will be on bbc1 on sunday nights maybe in the same time slot as medium when that finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Anyone keeping up with the American episodes?

I have to say, it's quite brilliant.

I really do hope Zeljko Ivanek(Ray) gets recognised for his work in this. He's been absolutely superb, particularly in Tuesdays ep(episode 11).

It's just such an intruiging show. The way the story is told in both the present and the past, with the flashbacks catching up with the present with each passing episode is done wonderfully. Keeps you guessing the whole time.You're constantly trying to join the dots, trying to figure out who did what. It's just an absolutely brilliant show.
    Definitely the best new series I've seen this year. Just a pity it probably won't be renewed. The ratings on FX have aparently been terrible :(

Good news for you then.... (Despite ratings)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,821 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've been watching it and it's wonderful alright... but the whole Frobisher stuff somewhat bored me. I just want to see what happened on THAT day... and it's a wonderful format in that you have to keep watching until the end of the season until everything is revealed!

But am a bit behind probably. Probably on about episode 7 or 8 - will catch up this evening.

How will season 2 work though alright?

• Advertisement

I'm guessing a new case?
    They have to wrap up this one this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Stayed in last night and watched episode three. Fantastic. Looking forward to getting into it. Hope I can find the first two episodes somewhere. Ah it'll be easy enough to catch up I'd say. Glenn Close is brilliant in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So is the whole season of this show just based around one case - a la "Murder One" years back?

Yep. And then there's all this crazy flashback grainy **** (I know, I know, sorry for going overboard with the technical jargon ;)). It's absolutely intriguing! Well I missed the first two episodes but I'll find 'em somewhere.
    Only thing though: Saturday night? Ridiculous. I was ill last night but I'm never usually in on a Saturday night. I don't think the Beeb is showing it til after Christmas. I wonder if Sky will get its mitts on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah it's a terrible time slot for such a great show. I don't know what rte are thinking, but then again, that's nothing new.

• Advertisement

Absolutely cracking episode last night. Only 1 more to go. :( That scene where the past catches up with the present was great. Love the way the colour 'n' everything changed to reflect this.

Balls... must catch up this weekend! :eek:

I must admit that i actually made myself wait until it was close to finishing up.. simply due to the relief i'm gonna have in watching it all unfold over a 5 - 6 hours catchup. Rather than the wait and revelations in each episode, only to have the next one open with '4 Months Earlier'! AARRGGHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

What episode are rté on? never heard of this but am now intrigued. ill sky+ the rest of the rte eps and get the previous ones thru the usual channels

grimm2005 wrote: »
    What episode are rté on? never heard of this but am now intrigued. ill sky+ the rest of the rte eps and get the previous ones thru the usual channels
    RTE are showing episode 4 this Sunday.

It is very good though... definitely worth watching and i find the intro music incredibly groovy.

Oh.. and for people who want to know what the intro music is... listen to 'When I Am Through With You' on The VLA's MySpace

Just to clarify: Sunday or Saturday?
    What station is it on where it's nearly finished? FX is it?
    Yeah, great intro tune. I've only seen one episode (totally by accident last Saturday night when I was stuck at home sick - yay for stomach bugs!) Thought it was absolutely fantastic - gonna be hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Taping it every week as I'm always out, loving it so far.
    Bad news today on renewal, http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a77967/no-second-season-confirmed-for-damages.html

Dudess, its on RTE 1 Saturday nights around 11, after Tubridy.

Just watched the final episode. Man, what a fúcking ending! :D So many twists and revelations in 50 minutes of television. Brilliantly set up for a second season, too. Just a pity that it more than likely won't get one.

Best tv show of the year, for me. By far. Just a pity no-one watches it. :mad:

If this turns out to be the only season, I hope they submit it to the award shows as a mini-series, so It'll clean up. It certainly deserves to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

this show is pretty cool, just finished episode 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Watched a couple of episodes of this during the summer in America before it was aired here and I was looking forward to watching it. Pity I just never had the time cos, even from the 2 episodes I watched, I saw potential in it. Acting was good, but it's something you'd probably have to watch from beginning to end, every episode, to get whats going on.

I missed the start of the season so I never bothered to watch it again. Crap timeslot on RTE - even a bit more advertisement mightve got me to watch it.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

and season 3 :D

I honestly thought this show was dead.

Fair play to FX.

Can't wait to see more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Last episode is on tonight, fantastic first series so far.

Started on BBC last night. Delighted. RTE was showing it on Saturday night - not a great time imo. I saw episode three and four on RTE and found it intriguing. Finally got to see the first episode on the Beeb last night. Absolutely superb stuff. Catch it if you can.

Anyone watching this on BBC at the moment? Remarkable stuff. Final episode next week - cannot wait!

I'm ashamed to say I never finished it.. got 8 episodes or so in. And fell behind.. will finish it this weekend!

Loved what I saw though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say I never finished it.. got 8 episodes or so in. And fell behind.. will finish it this weekend!
    Surely this is an April Fool's joke? For shame Basquille! Good show and it worked right up to (and including) the final few moments.

Patti Hearst rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

basquille wrote: »

Loved what I saw though.
    Think there's something going around, finally watched the last 2 last night. Great finish, still managed to have a couple of twists despite catching up with its fragmented timeline. Looking forward to what they will have in store for the new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

ixoy wrote: »
    Patti Hearst rocks.

Patty Hewes, surely? :p

Good show with a great cast and an ending that sets it up well for Season 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty_Hearst

Sorry ixoy, but tis an interesting story - good excuse to post the link :)

• Advertisement

Well the finale was on BBC1 last night - absolutely superb! Things all seemed to be tied up, and while it was quite good, it was a tad disappointing as I thought there'd more excitement... obviously that was the desired effect as nothing could have prepared me for the big clanger at the end.
    It's just a remarkable show - of Sopranos/24 calibre. I really hope it catches on. Shame it's not huge - it should be.

If you haven't seen it, get a hold of it - it really is something else...

Advertisement