Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ley Lines over Ireland

Options
  • 14-03-2007 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I can't seem to find any websites about this. I was looking for even a picture of a map and the lines drawn in over it. Has anyone come across anyhing like this, or know anything about the topic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

boreds wrote:
    I can't seem to find any websites about this. I was looking for even a picture of a map and the lines drawn in over it. Has anyone come across anyhing like this, or know anything about the topic?
    There are ley lines that pass through a lot of ancient sites like newgrange, and a lot of famous old haunted locations have ley lines. I did a few experiments with dowsing rods on them, you could try a pendulum too. I'll see if I can root out any good books about Ley Lines and let you have the names and authors ok? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Taa:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Charleville Castle was built on leylines, and judging by the amount of haunted castles in Offaly, as well as its central location in the country, I'd imagine there's quite a few around there...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah but how do we know Charleville is built on one, whats the source of that information?

Well, Dudley said that it was, and considering he's been there for years, I'd be inclined to believe him. The castle's construction also includes quartz, which is useful for channeling energy.

• Advertisement

What I'm getting at is how do we really 'know' its built on a leyline? Many building contain quartz that doesnt mean they are all on leylines?

Dudley ahs been there for years but has he checked if its true and if so who do you go about checking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭glitter-bug

our house is built on ley lines, we had to get some guy in to do some work on them, they were throwing the energy way off and had a general bad feel to them:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭conformist

Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

Ley lines are accepted by many people in the spiritual and paranormal world, we believe they carry powerful Earth Energy from one power vortex to another. Like the human body, we believe the Earth has Chakras and Ley Lines are conductors or conduits of Energy:)

I know of groups in the UK that go out mapping them. Its alot of walking!

• Advertisement

Are they also the lines that migrating birds may follow?

Depends who you ask .... if you are interested and want to check out an area I say pick up a set of good dowsing rods and get out there - good craic!

6th wrote:
    I know of groups in the UK that go out mapping them. Its alot of walking!

I'd imagine that Essex has its fair share of leylines, given the amount of haunted spots around there. I'd say Cambridgeshire and London would too, and any former Roman settlements, as I've heard stories of Roman soldiers marching down some areas ages ago...

LeyLines are part of the geography of a place in that they are part of the earth ... not created by external factors such as battles or anything else that happens in a place.

I know that, but surely back then they knew about leylines (perhaps not at Roman times) and chose to build on them for a specific reason? London has a lot of history behind it, and not all of the spirits are here as a result of battles. Coincidentally, I need to start compiling placis in London and the Home Counties that are haunted, and see if they're viable to do an investigation in, as for instance, Eastbury Manor House was less than 5 miles away from me when I lived in Barking, and with Chiselhurst Caves being nearby said to be haunted, I should consider actually checking it out.

I'd never, eve get the Tower of London as an investigation location, although I may take a tour and follow the guards around as they close up to see what I can pick up... may be good material for my site too, when I get it properly up...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Could we suggest that Ley lines are related to the magnetic pull of the poles
    (simular to a compas) . Ley lines would have to have an origin , something that pulls them all together and cant possibly be lines that just randomly start and criss cross other lines and then finish for no reason.

Ley lines are historically documented by throwing dirt on the ground and observing how the dirt lands. They have their modern routes in Watkin's explination of the placement of neolithic times. This theory is mainly scoffed at by Archaeologists as they have no evidence that there was enough intelligence at the time to find ley lines (and we cant do it, what did they find it with? Stones and Tiger Loin Cloths?) Watkin's theory of Ley lines with regards the Neolithic can be explained due to the massive quantity of Neolithic monuments , lots of lines can be drawn.

So unless some Scientician shows me a Ley Line Compass ill have to take their existance as routed in pre-enlightened superstition but that wont stop me from looking for evidence. And Dudley isnt a valid scientician ! :D

Sorry if that made no sense. Its been a long week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Grimes wrote:
    This theory is mainly scoffed at by Archaeologists as they have no evidence that there was enough intelligence at the time to find ley lines

Surley as an archaeologist he's scoffing at it because theres no evidence for leylines in the first place?
    6th wrote:
    What I'm getting at is how do we really 'know' its built on a leyline?

I'd have thought we don't, or can't.

What I mainly wonder is that if there is a method of detecting/measuring them, then why does science ignore their existence?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Zillah

His theory that Neolithic monuments are built on lay lines is dismissed becuse there is no evidence for it in the archaeological record. Neither is there no scientific evidence for the existance of Ley lines themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

I have felt the pull from leylines, on the way to Tullamore,along the motorway,there is a certain spot and everytime i pass over it,just for a few seconds i either get a jump in my belly or a pain in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mooncatsmum

hi i'm new to this site and having trouble making it work
    it just maybe I'm an eejit!
    has anyone actually produced a work or map of Irish ley lines like the one done for England? Just wondered because a lot of english ones seem to connect to europe and i wondered if ours were maybe part of it all?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Hi all. Please forgive my ignorance, but what the hell are leylines? Could someone give a definition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Ley lines are corridors of telluric energy (google for more info)
    Ley lines don't seem to have any connection to Spirit, but who really knows. It has been discovered that the old 'coffin routes' followed ley lines, but whether this was known of, I don't know

There is an informative book on the matter that costs £12.00.
    email David Cowan, the co author for more info and a book, should you want one. He's based in Crieff, Scotland.
    All the info you need to dig in is there.

cowan@leyman.demon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I know of were a few run but I have never seen it socumented anywehre or have heard of anyone who has documented them here in Ireland.
    It seems that you can get into converstaions about them with people but they are not inclided to talk to just anyone about them or to write down such information.

Hey.. one of my first ever thread babies! I haven't heard anything on this since. What the hell are coffin routes? Is it when coffins in the ground slide along the ley lines subterranely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Coffin routes are a very old way of returning deceased folk to their home areas for burial.

Google has quite a bit of info on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Can someone tell me where the ley lines are located, LIke is there a map showing them.

I want to Look if there are leylimes Between Nenagh and Moneygall.

So does anyone know where the leylines are located in Ireland, its seems no one saw my last two posts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

I read about these recently, from a guy called David Wilcock. Apparently a guy called Sir Alfred Watkins was the first to look into Ley Lines.
    David Wilcock is a professional lecturer, filmmaker and researcher of ancient civilizations, consciousness science, and new paradigms of matter and energy. His upcoming Hollywood film CONVERGENCE unveils the proof that all life on Earth is united in a field of consciousness, which affects our minds in fascinating ways.

Some of what he delves into is pretty out there, once such example is that he believes he could be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce) who was the founder of the new age movement and also a devout? christian at the turning of the 19th century!

Anyway this short (13min) video delves into Wilcocks theory on ley lines. The one that really drew me in was how you can draw a straight line from the pyramids thru to rome, thru some ancient sites in france, to stone henge, to glastonbury, to the hill of tara and newgrange and onto to Spanish point. How the feic did our ancient relatives know of this accurate lining?? He also talks about how dolmens are energy capturing structures that provide energy thru meditation! We have lots of them here in Ireland.

cygnuszodiacleylinesglobal3.jpg

map.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

A few months ago i went to the Timoney/cullan stones.There is supposed to be over 300 stones spread out randomly over a wide area with one stone circle.I used google earth and put placemarks on some of the stones to try to make out a pattern but i saw nothing.
    I looked at the leyline map on your post which shows that the pyramids,stonehenge and knocknarea cairn in sligo are in alignment so i decided to see was this correct. I used google earth and put a placemark on all three and when i drew a straight line from the pyramids through stonehenge the line didnt end up in knocknarea,it ended up exactly at the placemark i had put at Timoney.The pyramids and stonehenge point straight to the Timoney stones.
    http://www.megalithomania.com/show/site/247

Advertisement