Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do final exam results come out and if we have to repeat in september...

Options
  • 08-03-2006 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

when do we apply for them?

Sorry I really need to know and I can't find the answers in the search

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

you don't need to apply to sit your repeats, you are automatically enrolled for them by failing...

Also, you don't have to pay anything. I did a thread on this some time ago, [viewable here] which might answer some questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Wow thanks, guess i didn't look hard enough, that's good to know about not paying! UCDD have to pay don't they? I really hate that college.

Wow thanks, guess i didn't look hard enough, that's good to know about not paying! UCDD have to pay don't they? I really hate that college.

Heh, yeah they have to pay. Also, if you're worried about the repeats already, you do have over 2 and half months until the annual exams actually start, which is more than enough time for studying.
    Annual examinations commence on Monday, 22 May, 2006 and finish
    at the latest on Friday, 16 June, 2006 (check notice boards)

Supplemental (repeat) examinations commence on Monday, 11 September, 2006
    and finish at the latest on Friday, 22 September, 2006 (check notice boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah to be honest if you put work into your exams now, or even in a months time, you generally can scrape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

You're in JF BESS arn't you?

You should be fine as Crash said. The poltical science exam class laid out all the essay topics and where to find the reading for them etc and i just looked at the past exam papers and basically you answer 4 questions out of 11 so you don't even have to prepare everything or so it would seem.

Sociology by the looks of the past exam paper reading The Mcdonaldisation of Society looks like a seriously good idea. Then if you read Tovey and Share and know Weber etc you should be ok, if you not looking for amazing results.

Economics seemed sort of scary but its ok now i've done most of the reading and aperently the website helps aswell.

Business know the readings. There are only about 18 in total. I hate business so im not the best to give advice on that.

Maths and stats, from what i've heard its not half as bad as it seems at the moment. the maths lecturs at the moment seem to be confusing people more than anything else, the book works wonders in terms of comprehension though. I can now do matrices w00t.

Anyway you really don't need to be stressing all that much now. Get through next weeks exams, from your post to stell you seem to know what has to be done, and 40% of sociology is the two essays and the polsci one at christmas was 20% so its not as if you're going to be going into the summer exams having to get your whole grade from one paper.

And finally you have ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

crash_000 wrote:
    Yeah to be honest if you put work into your exams now, or even in a months time, you generally can scrape.
    At the very least...
    I'd say if (well depending on your continuous assessment), if you put in 4 hours a day 6 days a week (not including lectures) from now until the exams you could quite easily get a first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Oh I'm grand it's actually a friend who is in turmoil and also I need to know for a worst case scenario. Thanks for the help guys/girls!

Advertisement