Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Trying to justify the cost of the initial investment. With the equipment and Cyfra card ill get my share of footy. What else do I get? Any decent non sports channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Trying to justify the cost of the initial investment. With the equipment and Cyfra card ill get my share of footy. What else do I get? Any decent non sports channels?

Depends on the card. Most people are just interested in the sports part. The most common card purchased is this one for that reason.

Satsklep haven't updated their channel list yet, so I think you'll actually get Canal+ (HD + SD), Canal+ Film (HD + SD), Canal Sport (HD + SD), Canal+ Weekend and Canal Gol.

The non HD channels are supposed to go HD in the autumn.

Canal+ and Canal Film show non-sport stuff...a bit like E4 and Film4. If it's an english language production, you'll generally get english audio. You can see the schedule here. So "A-team" = english audio.."Girl with the Dragon Tatoo"..brush up on your polish or swedish! Other cards may get you more non-sport channels if thats what you're after, but you'll get more answers (from people who know more!) if you start a dedicated thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Try Atlas TV on 16e, 12601v, 2500, 1/2 FTA. Arsenal v Liverpool on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

excollier wrote: »
    Try Atlas TV on 16e, 12601v, 2500, 1/2 FTA. Arsenal v Liverpool on Saturday.

Excollier,

Atlas TV

http://www.rtvatlas.tv/detailMenus.php?sub_id=46&mid=59

have the Aston Villa v Wolves match down for this weekend. Its also listed on Liveonsat as FTA - cant find the schelude for Sept though.

Regards

Iba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Atlas TV only shows games terrestrially don't they? Satellite shows promos and stuff while a game is on.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Atlas TV only shows games terrestrially don't they? Satellite shows promos and stuff while a game is on.

Ah ok - I dont have 16 so cant confirm or reject.

kseank wrote: »
    if offering great prices for al jaz and abu dhabi sport packages.
    renewals and new cards.
    cheers
    Sean

Sean

R u looking for these cards or r u selling them - ur message is hard to understand - can u please clarify?

Also as far as I know, the signal for Abu Dhabi cannot be got in Ireland unless u have a huge huge dish

Regards

Iba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

would you even get Abu Dhabi sports here with a 2.4m dish ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Thinking of making the switch from Cyfra+ to Tring. Have an Argus Mini + cams for Cyfra+, will I need to reflash?
    Also, where is my best bet to find a sub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

I think that tvcorner is the cheapest site to buy a tring subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Good news ,Eutelsat W3C the new bird for 16e is launching on September 28th :)
    Hopefully if it makes it into orbit successfully it will mean an end to reception issues on 16e .

Hi
    Meant I'm and not if.

Im selling and renewing
    Sorry.
    Sean

Sean,

Can you provide more details about ur selling and renewing packages - do u have a website?

Is it possible to get Abu Dhabi Sports here; the information that I have is that you would need a dish as big as a house to pick up teh signal for Abu Dhabi - can u please clarify?

Regards

Iba

Doodee wrote: »
    Thinking of making the switch from Cyfra+ to Tring. Have an Argus Mini + cams for Cyfra+, will I need to reflash?
    Also, where is my best bet to find a sub?

Doodee,

Out of curiousty - why r u switching from Cyfra to Tring? Will u be getting rid of ur Cyfra Cams (when u say Cams am I correct in presuming that u have a SD and a HD one) - I might b interested in buying them from u if u r selling.

Regards

Iba

Zardoz wrote: »
    Good news ,Eutelsat W3C the new bird for 16e is launching on September 28th :)
    Hopefully if it makes it into orbit successfully it will mean an end to reception issues on 16e .

zardoz,

Thanks 4 that info

Regards

Iba

sob1467 wrote: »
    I think that tvcorner is the cheapest site to buy a tring subscription.

Just to note,
    After purchase, Tvcorner will request a further 110 for the upgrade to view the 3pm games.
    http://www.tvcorner.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_221_243/products_id/690

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just to note,
    After purchase, Tvcorner will request a further 110 for the upgrade to view the 3pm games.
    http://www.tvcorner.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_221_243/products_id/690
    Really?

Don't see it mentioned on the site, and the "Tring + FULL" wording is misleading if that's the case.

Took a nosy on Alsat, do they not sell Tring or DigitAlb cards anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Has anyone used this company for Tring cards? http://tring-tv.co.uk/default.aspx I'm led to believe they're based in the south of England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

Could anybody give me a solution to a problem. Had to remove sky from a mates pub because it is far too expensive to keep.

Does any of the mentioned "foreign" sports channels offer other sports apart from live premiership football.

I was looking for Golf and Darts also apart from the Soccer.

Was thinking of getting tring in. Does anybody out there have it ? and is it just soccer or do they cover a wide range of sports?

No broadband in the area so internet connections are out.

Also does Tring broadcast the coverage in English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Try looking up bradcasters like RTL Deutschland on 19.2e they have some FTA sport occasionally.
    Look at Lyngsat.com for various satellite/ broadcaster options. It's all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Sport1 is FTA on 19 east! Used be DSF!

Show's a lot of Darts (PDC)..

As for horse racing :S...

I've seen the big meetings like Ascot and Aintree on Canal+ and Digital + too...

BBC and Channel 4 have most of the English Meetings the weekends, but you won't really get much Irish on anything except Attheraces!...

Tring mainly show football, with English commentary on it!

iba wrote: »
    Doodee,

Out of curiousty - why r u switching from Cyfra to Tring? Will u be getting rid of ur Cyfra Cams (when u say Cams am I correct in presuming that u have a SD and a HD one) - I might b interested in buying them from u if u r selling.

Regards

Iba

Switching to Tring for the EPL selection.
    Think I got my Jargon mixed up, I used a softcam on the Argus mini to get Cyfra+

Trying to pick up the Tring stations now after installing a motor on the dish but am wondering if the firmware might not support it...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

Has anyone used this company for Tring cards? http://tring-tv.co.uk/default.aspx I'm led to believe they're based in the south of England.

Bought ( at least paid for) a tring plus card from the above website last tuesday the guy took all my details incl credit card number and asked if I wanted special delivery, I said yes ( at a cost) but its now sunday and still no card... Beginning to think its a SCAM.... Will update if the card arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 trihulljet

Had tring installed two weeks ago. Very happy with PL coverage. Most in english. Had to turn volume down though on two games( no idea what laqnguage used).Great picture though. Surprised me. For some reason no PL coverage this weekend. I might be doing something wrong(bit of a Luddite). Any news?

trihulljet wrote: »
    Had tring installed two weeks ago. Very happy with PL coverage. Most in english. Had to turn volume down though on two games( no idea what laqnguage used).Great picture though. Surprised me. For some reason no PL coverage this weekend. I might be doing something wrong(bit of a Luddite). Any news?

Technical Fault at the BT upload point in Britain "supposedly"....

I hope that's all it is. I've contacted installer for info. I hope nothing sinister going on. Will keep You posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 supersat

No there not in the south of england, their in manchester, but are well connected to another company in the south of england, xxsat, thats their new way of selling cards, stay away from them, trust me take my advice seriously.

installer wrote: »
    Bought ( at least paid for) a tring plus card from the above website last tuesday the guy took all my details incl credit card number and asked if I wanted special delivery, I said yes ( at a cost) but its now sunday and still no card... Beginning to think its a SCAM.... Will update if the card arrives.

Keep away from them, you will probobly get your card allright, but you are dealing with xxsat, he even has the cheek to slaag them off on his website and tell people not to deal with them when its him, what was it he said on the forum? their liars cheats, bastards, when its him all along.

he has a bank account set up in manchester to take the orders, and has the cheek to tell people on his forum that hes not dealing with tring anymore.

Its also on the site that because of hackers!!! their was no 3pm sat game or sun 4pm.

Thats who you are dealing with be warned

trihulljet wrote: »

Just curious where you are located?

Looks like we will have to get a 1.1m dish to get Tring (WAsn't told that the previous dish was only 65cm)

supersat wrote: »
    Keep away from them, you will probobly get your card allright, but you are dealing with xxsat, he even has the cheek to slaag them off on his website and tell people not to deal with them when its him, what was it he said on the forum? their liars cheats, bastards, when its him all along.

he has a bank account set up in manchester to take the orders, and has the cheek to tell people on his forum that hes not dealing with tring anymore.

Its also on the site that because of hackers!!! their was no 3pm sat game or sun 4pm.

Ok I got the card today but I wish I knew this sooner...anyway if it works and keeps working i'l be happy.. I just checked that link alright, typical bobbi grammer and spelling lol... you may or may not know what I mean... aka D*rk Ma*

byte

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Technical Fault at the BT upload point in Britain "supposedly"....
    Didn't a similar "technical fault" occur during the demise of DigitAlb SuperSport's EPL coverage? IIRC, it was then going to "come back" that November, which of course never happened.

I'd be wary of a Tring card atm, Doodee, until we can be sure it was a fault, and not them losing some EPL coverage long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 corleone9

So thats how he's selling them.

Any problems today with tring at 3pm anyone know.?

Looking across the forums a lot didnt work again!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eamo4648

early match worked ok but no 3pm matches

Tring quote

* * These games may be subject to restrictions due to the modality of the signal sent from the source* *

eamo4648 wrote: »
    early match worked ok but no 3pm matches

Tring quote

* * These games may be subject to restrictions due to the modality of the signal sent from the source* *

On a second look of the forums, some cards worked which is quiet strange!

But there are a lot of unhappy tring card owners!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eamo4648

Very strange

would it have anything to do with the type of receiver ??

Located Cork City. No 3pm EPL games again this sat( 1st Oct ) Not Happy

i can offer al jaz renewal cards/renewals at gr8 prices plus abu dhabi renewals.

plz pm me for details.
    what size dish required for abu dhabi here in ireland?

Receiver OK as I pick up all other Tring Channels. The sports channels are blocked(scrambled) only for EPL at 3pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

So I'm just wondering if I have my information right, I have a full Sky World HD package with all the subscription sports channels (Sky Sports, ESPN and Setanta). Is this the break down of EPL games that I can watch;

Sky Sports - 115 live games
    Setanta - 33 live games
    ESPN - 23 live games

So is that the total games available to watch on Sky in Ireland for the 2011/12?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

On Sky I believe it is.

byte wrote: »
    I'd be wary of a Tring card atm, Doodee, until we can be sure it was a fault, and not them losing some EPL coverage long term.

Too late :E

Only just seeing this now.
    Have had the card now for 2 weeks, haven't activated it yet though as we are awaiting a new dish.

byte

Too late :E

Only just seeing this now.
    Have had the card now for 2 weeks, haven't activated it yet though as we are awaiting a new dish.
    Oh right. Well, let us know how it goes. Maybe it'll get fixed.

This company has come up here on a previous post

http://tring-tv.co.uk/
    there not answering their phones anymore, why am i surprised because this is the same company operating in manchester under this name

http://manchester-satellite.com

Both are owned by the same guy agron gashi.

Just got off the phone to him in his manchester shop, boy was he surprised to here from me, more or less told me to fxxk off.

bought 10 viewing cards of him,not working, money gone

Iv just reported him to police in manchester, trading standards, and visa,
    cant see me getting anything back at this stage but just to let everyone on this forum know this is what your dealing with.

Supersat thats really unfortunate what happened to you, I hope you do get refunded. I must say though, I bought a card from tring-tv.co.uk and it seems fine.

This company has come up here on a previous post

http://tring-tv.co.uk/
    there not answering their phones anymore, why am i surprised because this is the same company operating in manchester under this name

http://manchester-satellite.com

Both are owned by the same guy agron gashi.

Just got off the phone to him in his manchester shop, boy was he surprised to here from me, more or less told me to fxxk off.

bought 10 viewing cards of him,not working, money gone

Iv just reported him to police in manchester, trading standards, and visa,
    cant see me getting anything back at this stage but just to let everyone on this forum know this is what your dealing with.

Looks like they have stopped selling the cards and also the other main dealers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Viasat Baltic had all their 3pm matches blocked last weekend.
    According to Lj-Sport,
    Due to an injunction by the English Premier League, all Saturday 3pm games have been withdrawn from the Viasat Baltic service as from December 3rd, 2011 ... until further notice.
    Is this the beginning of the end for 3pm matches across Europe ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Viasat Baltic had all their 3pm matches blocked last weekend.
    According to Lj-Sport,
    Due to an injunction by the English Premier League, all Saturday 3pm games have been withdrawn from the Viasat Baltic service as from December 3rd, 2011 ... until further notice.
    Is this the beginning of the end for 3pm matches across Europe ?
    I said this before... This is the after effect of the Karen murphy case.,. That case as done more damage than good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sky Calcio (Italian) will still have most of them if you have their box.

http://liveonsat.com/LJ_foot_b_epl_only.php

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    Sky Calcio (Italian) will still have most of them if you have their box.

http://liveonsat.com/LJ_foot_b_epl_only.php
    That's good for home use but not for your landlord.. All the pubs had viasat installed.. Also multi room. The problem with sky calcio is the viewing number being displayed on screen.

Advertisement