Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PRICK in UCD library

• 30-04-2004 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

The asshole kicked me out for practically no reason, was talkin to a mate, didn't see him coming, when he came turned arround, he said get out, i said "i'll go back to readin", then he insisted on telling me to go, called him a prick, I started leaving and he called Nick a.k.a. librocop to come help him get my student card. I didn't give card to him. He then bullshootin on about how he will use CCTV to get name and all some crap about registrar. Told him to go get a real job.

He is the typical example of a worthless loser with a big EGO. Time people like him got a real jobs. I don't think "part-time library security" is a job. maybe for the retired or young but he is a grown man for god sake.

i thinks its cause i'm black he stopped me, jay-z (99 problems) says it the best:

"Cause i'm young and i'm black and my hats real low"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

was talkin to a mate

uuummmmmmm, it is a library is'nt it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Go on ya boy ya

Seems a bit harsh, yashould have refused to leave, why dont you contact the registry, accuse him of sexual harassment, he wont throw you out again any time soon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

i dunno if it was harsh... exactly how loud were you talking???

Calling him a prick aint gonna help you, but it was still a good idea.

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Originally posted by Superman

i thinks its cause i'm black he stopped me..

nothing to do with the fact that you were talking in a library...no... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK, you called him a prick, refused to give him your student card, then told him to get a real job.

And you think he's the one with the attitude problem?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I wasn't talkin loud it was only a quite word, nobody noticed and not half as loud as other country boyo's.

He was hardly civil to begin with! H takes himself a bit too seriously!
    I only called him a prick after he insisted i left.

Draupnir your the man, like the train of thought, if he says anything i'll just say he is bullying me andf intimidating my black ass!

Im tellin ya man, you should be playing the race card all over the place, you could get away with murder, literally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Badgers

The asshole kicked me out for practically no reason, was talkin to a mate...

Now hold on.

Were you talkin'

Or were you.....JIVE TALKIN'?

It makes all the difference brotha*

*At least in ma hood it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think the tone of your posts says it all.

Nothing to do with colour, more to do with attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

PRICK in UCD library = Superman

• Advertisement

Hey Buffybot, Ive never seen you agree with anything or have a good word to say,

any chance you could furnish a link to some agreement in a different thread or at least join this young mans quest to get back into the library(who wants to be in the library for gods sake there are 2 bars in UCD)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Which library guy was it? The real sour faced one threw me out of the library before. In fairness though I was doing my leaving cert and really wasn't meant to be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Every college library probably has one annoying librarian who goes around checking the people aren't talking. He probably gets hassle from the head librarian about people talking too.

I don't know how strictly UCD's Library polices the no talking rule but I think telling you to leave for a one off offence without a warning soulds a bit over zealous. That of course assumes that it was your first offence and that you hadn't been persistantly having a 'quiet word' all day. I never minded people having a quiet word with someone when I was studying in the library but some people would have been better off burning their books and going for coffee based on the chat to study ratio.

Regardless, it's still no reason to call the guy a prick or to refuse your student ID.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Any Curb Your Enthusiasm fans here? This reminds me of the recent TG4 episode where Larry fires his satellite guy for being incompetent. However, the satellite guy -and all his friends - assume it's really because he [Satellite Guy] was black rather than his general ineptitude. They were unable to realise their own flaws...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Its a library, you're not supposed to be talking, if you've ever tried actually studying in a library, you'll know how annyoing talkers like you are. There's plenty of other places you can go to talk. In Queens, they'd kick you out as well.

I'd have thought a student would have a bit more cop to be honest.

You were talking in the library, breaking the rules.
    Because you were breaking the rules, the librarian came to kick you out, harsh but fair.
    You admitted to your guilt, but not in a very nice way, so he persisted,
    You called him a prick, which was stupid because he's in a position of authority and you're not.
    He took your card (which he's entitled to do) and you realised your position and left.

To be honest, he was perfectly in the right and you should be so stupid. You should count yourself lucky that all he did for you calling him a prick was take your card.

everyones very serious today arent they, hes just some muppet working in a library, i mean come on, surely there are decent jobs, bin men get more respect than the library saps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

and not half as loud as other country boyo's

thats a racist comment on country people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Oh no he kicked you out?

But wait, you got your own back, you posted about him on a web bulletin board and called him a "prick"!

Go you! Well done!

(PS: Bet you're not black...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

country boyo's

They are not a race.. Thus its not racist!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

People like you breaking the rules are making people like me not be able to study and therefore fail our exams. The library is the only place in the entire of college where you can study in peace and quiet - i want it to stay that way.

• Advertisement

Study at home and let the man talk, the art of conversation is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, the security guys in the library are saps though. I remember when I slept over in the UCD library (one of the best nights ever, sneakin a few tinnies into the jacks;)), Librocop gave out to some lads for dragging someone around in a sleeping bag, but when he realised it was the Student Union president in the bag, he backed down. Some other guy gave out to me for taking loads of free crisps aswell :mad:. I don't usually go to the library there though, I get too distracted if I try to study there. I've gone in a good few times with friends when they're returning books or whatever, and the security get real bitchy if you don't practically stop and hold your student card in their face for 10 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I was in the library recently trying to study for an exam and these 3 fat slags behind me kept talking and laughing, I turned around and glared at them but they took no notice and then proceeded to make out I was the one in the wrong. Next time it happens, I'm going to Security.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by s8n
    uuummmmmmm, it is a library is'nt it??

Your man did have a valid reason for telling you to leave, and he only asked for the card after you called him names so I can see his point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Time people like him got a real jobs.

sorry... but lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

i thinks its cause i'm black he stopped me

Comments like this are a huge cause of racial tension.

Plenty of black people are able to get on with their lives and work away without coming out with the "Is it cos I is black?" line every time something doesn't go your own way.

Yes, naturally he threw you out because you are black. It is probably best if you go back to eating banannas in a tree......:rolleyes:

I think it is time to act with a little bit of maturity and stop trying to be a gangster rapping mofo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I like the Jay-Z comparison... as everyone knows tha true gangstaz be pimpin' library books fo' sho' ma nizzle.

Bo!

Originally posted by Draupnir
    everyones very serious today arent they, hes just some muppet working in a library, i mean come on, surely there are decent jobs, bin men get more respect than the library saps
    That's the problem isn't Draupnir? These guys in the library have to listen to pompous little D4 pricks all day, treating them like ****, and generally looking down upon anybody who didn't have everything paid for by Mammy and Daddy, and who didn't have the good fortune of free college and low points so that every moron and waster who sits the Leaving Cert can have a crack, and fail, at getting an arts degree. While they're in UCD though, they think they're superior little ****bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

That's it EXACTLY!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Draupnir your the man, like the train of thought, if he says anything i'll just say he is bullying me andf intimidating my black ass!
    You expect me to believe you're black when you come out with a line like this?:rolleyes:

Go librocop!

Seamus old chum, work in a library do ya?

Only jokin, I agree, me and D4 heads dont mix, must be my Finglas blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

[pompous little D4 pricks all day,

Hey man, thats racist on D4 pricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Looks like D4 boys are the new Skangers

Originally posted by Draupnir
    Seamus old chum, work in a library do ya?
    No, I just had to listen to the little **** in college.

Originally posted by tba
    Looks like D4 boys are the new Skangers

hey now , I doubt that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Hmm,. when I was in UCD, the library was always full of people, but quiet. It was unsettling, but at least everyone was getting their work done!

I'd agree with people getting thrown out for talking tbh. I mean, as others have mentioned, it *is* a library, and there *are* 2 bars plus loads of other places to hang out on UCD campus if you just wanna chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by Aurther Hugh
    hey now , I doubt that

well just look at the abuse they get:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

meh i can't stand the library avoid it like the plague, though i do think a couple of the library guys are pricks that take much much joy in there work, like the bald guy with the moustache, i.e. the cowboy and then there is the other guy with the glasses who goes over to the science canteen for there lunch each day.

but then there is some of the other guys who seem alright, however i won't leave the library if one of them came up to me as i was having a quiet conversation with some one, it could be about coursework or whatever they don't know. they'd be best of spending their time policing the people that leave their seats for 3 or 4 hours on the trot, while people who wanna study are walking around aimlessly

god bless the physics library

data

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

there is nothing more annoying than a ****ing ignorant **** talking out load and making himself heard!!

i have had to restrin myself manytimes over the last fours years cause of feckers like you

if i were him i would have decked ya

A lot of is jealousy, Im from D4 and was in UCD until last year and I remember some chap turing around to me in a lecture and giving me loads for no reason ! Complete asshole. There's a big S Dub private school contingency in UCD and I think some people find that intimidating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

UCD is a load of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

2 bars in UCD)

More than two son :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

ok a number of things have been said about superman here that i feel i must defend him on

1) he is black

2) he lives in rathfarnham

3) the reason he stopped posting was ha went to work.

4) it was a brief quiet conversation

5) He over reacts alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    meh i can't stand the library avoid it like the plague, though i do think a couple of the library guys are pricks that take much much joy in there work, like the bald guy with the moustache, i.e. the cowboy ...

The Cowboy is a legend - really nice guy actually.

More than 2 bars?? Thats what I get for going to DCU.

Although, I went to UCD once for the day and stole a brick from a buildin site, then threw it in the lake thing, as I remember Ireland were playing Andorra in Barcelona and I was steaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

More than two son

Yeah I debated whether to put 'at least' in there.
    There was only the shack of a student bar & the sports bar when I was there :p

/me remembers the Fosters free beer promotions fondly. Well I was a student *ahem* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, in the Carlow IT library nobody seems to give a **** about talking out loud, whether its in person or on the phone etc.
    However, walk in there with a drink or some food and Buzz Lightyear will be all over your ass straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

"A lot of is jealousy, Im from D4 and was in UCD until last year and I remember some chap turing around to me in a lecture and giving me loads for no reason ! Complete asshole. There's a big S Dub private school contingency in UCD and I think some people find that intimidating."

'cmon now. No one turns around in a lecture and gives someone an earful without reason???

It's very sad to see some peoples attitude here belittling another persons job like that. Very sad indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by davidwwalsh
    The Cowboy is a legend - really nice guy actually.

perhaps we're all just judging these people from a few words they've had with us or how they treated others or what not. however i still think they take too much pleasure in what they do and the cowboy never really gives the girls any hassle or that was the talk when i used to be in the library

you could amuse me now by telling me that you actually are the cowboy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

i have found libro-cop entertaining. you can watch the distorted reflections of stuff in his head.

I wonder does he wax it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement