Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB Icecreams

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

loved pucks but no one can seem to remember them.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Fat Frogs yet!!! The best HB ice-cream of ALL TIME!!! :D
    I miss them :'(

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

HB is nonsense .

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭stabeek

late 70's Dracula's were the height of coolness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Fat Frogs yet!!! The best HB ice-cream of ALL TIME!!! :D

they're comign back next year I heard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Niles wrote: »
    I remember when they were originally called a "Max" (or was it "Mighty Max"?). Either way they had a lion on the front before being rebranded. I feel old.

"Max the Lion" was Unilever Ice Cream's mascot at one stage, and appeared on much of their range. The strap line in Ireland was "whistle for Max the Lion".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I liked the pineapple flavoured ice pop. Think the packet was yellow with a parrot on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I love them too! Haven't eaten an ice-cream in a verry long time and the other day my sister was going to the shop and asked did I want one. The first thing that came into my head was a fat frog; her response was: why would you get a fatfrog(she was thinking of the drink) in a shop; Gawd I felt so old:o

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

loved pucks but no one can seem to remember them.

I remember them! They were like a choc ice, but were covered black, with a licorice? type flavour, instead of chocolate, with ice-cream in the middle. They were out around 1983/84.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I love them too! Haven't eaten an ice-cream in a verry long time and the other day my sister was going to the shop and asked did I want one. The first thing that came into my head was a fat frog; her response was: why would you get a fatfrog(she was thinking of the drink) in a shop; Gawd I felt so old:o

:D lmao, brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Few oldie Ice Creams on this.

36197_404483774423_809374423_4093099_1936805_n.jpg

539828_10150706899597402_638957401_9380134_1956902933_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

Me & my sister remember packets of little animal shaped ice-cream things in all different colours, but we can't think of the name. I think they might have been by Solero though. Something bites perhaps. Anyone remember them?

Were these called Cool Bits? like sweets, but ice cream?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Was trying to think of them myself. They were pretty rotten though as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Passenger wrote: »
    Few oldie Ice Creams on this.

36197_404483774423_809374423_4093099_1936805_n.jpg

539828_10150706899597402_638957401_9380134_1956902933_n.jpg

I was absolutely addicted to Chunky Chocs when they were around. If I remember correctly, they were on sale for only a couple of years. I also loved the Mint Choc-Ices.

Notice the difference between the two images of the Golly Bars in the photographs: a more innocent time perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Leeg17 wrote: »
    they're comign back next year I heard

Nah, they've been 'coming back next year' for the past 4 or 5 years... I don't think it'll ever happen I'm afraid... :( Although, if it ever does happen, I'm gonna definately buy in bulk and freeze them for a rainy day!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah a bit of a pie in the Sky idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

All those icecreams brings back a few memories used to love the sky, spilts still love brunch, loop the loop and ice berger. I think it was Leadmore but does anyone remember an icecream bar a little bigger than Sky called Zanzibar it had a toffee and vanilla swirly inside coated in coated in chocolate was delicious. Was about mid-early 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Couch Potatoette

HAHAHA Chilly Willys. What were we like?? I used to love the pear sparkles. I loved all the sparkles. A little bit more expensive than Mr Freeze for when you wanted to splash out.

Me & my sister remember packets of little animal shaped ice-cream things in all different colours, but we can't think of the name. I think they might have been by Solero though. Something bites perhaps. Anyone remember them?

I remember these too. It's going to drive me mad if I can't remember the name. They came in a bag on little plastic sticks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

bking wrote: »
    Were these called Cool Bits? like sweets, but ice cream?

Cool bits in the top left corner, but not animal shaped though so :confused:

icecream.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... I wish they'd stop faffing around with ****ty overpriced Magnum / Cornetto limited editions you never buy twice and resurrected some of their other brands. ...
    Both on special offer in CENTRA €2 for 3 Manums (Magna ?) or 4 Cornettos (Cornetti ?).

Advertisement