Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The trailer was fun but it was too ridicuously humour orientated. Deadpool is quite a tough film to make because he has that humorous side to him but the psychopathic, twisted part of his character (without humour) is what has always pushed the character into the realm of extremely interesting.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did this revert back to marvel? I thought fox still had the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did this revert back to marvel? I thought fox still had the rights.

It's still Fox. I'm at a loss as to why people are blaming Marvel for making this a PG13; they know their characters very well (For obvious reasons) and know an R-Rated Deadpool is the right Deadpool.

The issue here lies with Fox. They have admitted themselves the film was given the go ahead once they were promised a PG13 rating. Now, I'm not going to join the troops insantly calling this a death blow; the film can still deliver, a rating doesn't make a film bad or good, the acting and script make a film bad or good

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Confirmed: Deadpool Movie Will Be Part Of The X-Men Universe.
    “There’s definitely a sort of overall plan that we’ve all been talking about for the X-Men universe now, and Deadpool obviously fits into that. So yeah, I guess I would say it’s part of certainly an overall timeline and thought process that goes into these films, some of which is inspired by the comics and some which is inspired by seeing what Marvel’s done with telling a larger tapestry and linking all those movies together, even as they stand independently as well. The same kind of thought is going to go into these X-Men movies at Fox.”

http://io9.com/confirmed-deadpool-movie-will-be-part-of-the-x-men-uni-1642492482

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Best news I've heard in a while, even if I heard it kinda late... Can't wait now!

W512HjT.jpg

• Advertisement

Ryan Reynolds to Return as ‘Deadpool..
    Reynolds announced the news by posting an image Thursday of the Deadpool character on his Twitter account.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ryan-reynolds-to-return-as-deadpool-in-x-men-spinoff-1201371234/

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/540594148097916928/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Why does Variety always have "repped by XXXXXX" in their stories?

Also good casting :) Anyone into video games who thinks deadpool will be ruined in the movie should pay the game (its not a great game, its actually a bit crap) but its very well done in Deadpool style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Why does Variety always have "repped by XXXXXX" in their stories?

Also good casting :) Anyone into video games who thinks deadpool will be ruined in the movie should pay the game (its not a great game, its actually a bit crap) but its very well done in Deadpool style.

The game is good craic but I hate Deadpool's voice actor in it. Way too cartoon wacky. Reynolds' wry delivery should be brilliant, seeing as I still primarily think of him as Berg from Two Guys and a Girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

A Neurotic wrote: »
    The game is good craic but I hate Deadpool's voice actor in it. Way too cartoon wacky. Reynolds' wry delivery should be brilliant, seeing as I still primarily think of him as Berg from Two Guys and a Girl.
    I actually thought Nolan North pulled off the "I'm completely bat**** insane" thing quite well.

I do think Reynolds is good casting for this though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I need to find it but theres a issue where Wade actually says he looks like Reynolds. Keeping Reynolds was a no brainer. More confident in Reynolds than Tatum. Big Year in 2016 for X-Men Universe

• Advertisement

‘Deadpool’ Recruits T.J. Miller and Ed Skrein.
    Now that Deadpool has an official 2016 release date, the film revolving around the mutant mercenary character created by Rob Liefeld can begin to assemble a cast in earnest. Ryan Reynolds stars, having been attached to the role for several years. Now you’ll see TJ Miller in Deadpool, and Ed Skrein (Game of Thrones, and The Transporter Legacy reboot) amongst the cast ranks as well.

The Wrap reports on the addition of Miller and Skrein. The film is an action-comedy, in keeping with the tone of the character’s comic book appearances.

http://www.slashfilm.com/tj-miller-in-deadpool/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

‘Deadpool’ Recruits T.J. Miller and Ed Skrein.

http://www.slashfilm.com/tj-miller-in-deadpool/

Who they playing? Any hints?

The only hint out there is Skrein could be the villian.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/01/06/deadpool-transformers-4-game-of-thrones-actors-up-for-roles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

The only hint out there is Skrein could be the villian.

read somewhere that TJ Miller was in talks to play a headvoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

x1GRe96.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,353 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gina Carano in talks to join too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

The most important question hasn't been asked yet. Who will play Bob?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gina Carano in talks to join too

Dont think she is a great actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

is it still gonna be PG or 12's? or whatever the rating is these days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The only female characters who should be in this are Siryn (who would give some cross property links if Fox wanted to go that way) or Blind Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The only female characters who should be in this are Siryn (who would give some cross property links if Fox wanted to go that way) or Blind Al.

Eh? Domino?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The pic above of the mask, Reynolds put a comment with it to say that he put the photo in that sepia colour because the mask is in early stages and is actually ballerina pink :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Good news, she is one of the best looking actresses in Hollywood, she also does a lot of voice work on animations and she voices a computer on the Flash TV series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/16/ryan-reynolds-morena-baccarin-have-begun-filming-deadpool-/

filming is set to begin this week on Deadpool for Morena Baccarin and star Ryan Reynolds. The latter recently took part in an official photoshoot for the film. Seems like we'll get an official look at him as the Merc With A Mouth some point soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Morena Baccarin will be playing Copycat and T.J. Miller will be playing Weasel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ryan Reynolds released the first official image of Deadpool's costume

CBHaEuLVIAAj5Lz.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/27/ryan-reynolds-reveals-official-deadpool-costume/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

This is confirmed as Rated R which means it'll be at least a 15s or 16s rating here, hopefully it's a hard R so it's 18s and lives up to it's potential with lots of violence and vulgarity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This made me giddy with excitement so happy this movie is happening

Advertisement