Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

deconduo wrote: »

It seems an odd departure for that seller. A cursory glance at the feedback suggests all other sale items are books in the £5 - £10 region. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

hmm. lots of recent sales too..

but he did sell an i7 920.. (£135)

http://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=nagyistvan112&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

And that one review is from a user who is no longer on eBay... and why, if they live in Hungary, do they charge in pounds sterling and take a conveniently long time to ship? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FenJai

Gotta be careful with computer bits from ebay. Its usually cheaper but you dont get as good a warranty so if there's any problems down the line, you're on your own.

On a side note, does anyone have any experience with Novatech ? That ATI Radeon 6850 they have is very tempting but Komplett has taught me to look before you leap as far as computer bits go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

FenJai wrote: »
    On a side note, does anyone have any experience with Novatech ? That ATI Radeon 6850 they have is very tempting but Komplett has taught me to look before you leap as far as computer bits go.

Last tine i checked they didn't deliver to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

FenJai wrote: »

Only a couple of € cheaper than Pixmania.ie, and not sure if they deliver here. And if they do, any saving you might make will most likely be eaten up in postage.

Pix is quite pricey for postage (a full system will cost just as much to ship as HWVS!) and tends to get even slower and pricier from mid-November onward! :o

On a different note, why do I think this will gain an extra €100 when/if it comes back into stock? :rolleyes::p

Solitaire wrote: »
    Pix is quite pricey for postage (a full system will cost just as much to ship as HWVS!) and tends to get even slower and pricier from mid-November onward! :o

On a different note, why do I think this will gain an extra €100 when/if it comes back into stock? :rolleyes::p

Order it before it comes into stock?

Then they just cancel the order once it comes back in ;):P Several "experiments" with €10 HD5670s on Komplett proved that :D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Didn't want to post this in the main thread, as I'm assuming there's some mistake (either by Amazon, or by myself) which would be rectified before they take your money...

GTX580 on Amazon for £320UK

If only :(

• Advertisement

Didn't want to post this in the main thread, as I'm assuming there's some mistake (either by Amazon, or by myself) which would be rectified before they take your money...

I'm seriously tight on cash, but that's well worth the price.. id be worried if they didn't cancel...

They're not going to charge you a higher price without, first, alerting you to the change and having you 'opt in'.

In case that is what's concerning you.

They can't - the buyer must first agree to transfer the balance of the funds ;)

my biggest concern is spending ~€400 on a gpu, even is it is €100+ discount.

EDIT: is anyone else considering it? i need help pushing the button..

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    my biggest concern is spending ~€400 on a gpu, even is it is €100+ discount.

EDIT: is anyone else considering it? i need help pushing the button..

I've preordered, though I could still cancel. It's about €60 cheaper than the Hardwareversand.de price... and I would like an graphics card upgrade. I'm concerned that I may be buying too soon as there doesn't seem to be a huge number of titles in the near future that I'm interested in - beyond Brink and Portal 2.

20% improvement over the GTX 480 is what I'm reading in reviews - putting Nvidia in the position they should have been at the start of this year to compete with ATI's 58** series. Ideally I'd like to have some information on the state of ATI's upcoming cards, the 69** series.

I currently have a 9800GTX which prevents me from running (some) games at my monitor's native resolution, 1920*1200. The 580 is going to be overkill for so many titles at that resolution, for the time being.

EDIT: Cancelled my order - it's a good price but more than I want to spend.

Even with the discount, it's still far too rich for my blood at the moment. I'll go for a 6850 or summat for now, methinks.

Decided to go for a 460 for the time being, and have stumbled upon this on Pixmania; Gainward GTX460 1GBfor €140. That's the cheapest I can find, although I acknowledge some people have had issues with Pixmania in the past.

I also wonder about Gainward... I always thought of them as a reputable brand, but I think I read something about them being taken over by someone else, possibly Palit? For that money though, I'm going to take a punt, if the deal is still there come payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭poggy

Decided to go for a 460 for the time being, and have stumbled upon this on Pixmania; Gainward GTX460 1GBfor €140. That's the cheapest I can find, although I acknowledge some people have had issues with Pixmania in the past.

I also wonder about Gainward... I always thought of them as a reputable brand, but I think I read something about them being taken over by someone else, possibly Palit? For that money though, I'm going to take a punt, if the deal is still there come payday.

i may be wrong but i think that is the GTX460 se which is a cut down version of the original GTX460, i think it has disabled shared cores. i think it actually performs worse than the 786mb version of the GTX460.

poggy wrote: »
    i may be wrong but i think that is the GTX460 se which is a cut down version of the original GTX460, i think it has disabled shared cores. i think it actually performs worse than the 786mb version of the GTX460.
    Ah, I knew that was too good to be true :( Quite misleading though.

Jesus!! :eek: The b******s!!! :mad: I should have known that nVidia would revert to form soon enough - releasing a crippled version of a popular card and slipping it into retail while no-one was looking!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Wow. I haven't seen "SE" versions for a long time. That's a nasty trick.

OT: How long has this forum been called PC Building & Upgrading? Measures to stop people from coming hear with questions about their houses and gardens? ... Or was that always there?

Monotype wrote: »
    OT: How long has this forum been called PC Building & Upgrading? Measures to stop people from coming hear with questions about their houses and gardens?

This. Boards has changed a lot since the inception of the C&T subcat so some disambiguation was needed :) See if you can spot the other change... ;):D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

has the tweaking and modding or whatever it was called become overclocking and modding?

the only problem is now i keep clicking on the wrong forum as its in alphabetical order and i keep forgetting :D

We regularly change the names of forums to keep users on their toes! :D:P

nVidia regularly change their products to scam buyers out of their money! :eek: Admit it, you all forgot that once they'd stopped drowning in their own failsauce they'd go back to being the lying cheating scummers they always were! :p

just a quick question about the SE 460's............. why? surely it takes more time (and therefore money) to laser off some cuda cores? i can understand something like a tri core processor being a cut down quad, because of market demand, but where is the demand (outside of OEM's being f***ers maybe) for a crappy gpu?

just a quick question about the SE 460's............. why? surely it takes more time (and therefore money) to laser off some cuda cores? i cant understand something like a tri core processor being a cut down quad, because of market demand, but where is the demand (outside of OEM's being f***ers maybe) for a crappy gpu?

Have to do something with cards that fail quality control but aren't entirely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

just a quick question about the SE 460's............. why? surely it takes more time (and therefore money) to laser off some cuda cores? i can understand something like a tri core processor being a cut down quad, because of market demand, but where is the demand (outside of OEM's being f***ers maybe) for a crappy gpu?

Iv read its when a chip fails the quality control/speed test/fails something/ to be a full 100% 460 so it gets the SE treatment to save wasting the entire chip?

TB why not wait a while to see what the 69** series from ATI looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Anyone need basic Full HD gaming capability without shelling out for a new PSU?

There's a whole bunch of GTS450s and HD5770 1GB including the nice Asus CuCore Edition reduced to €109.90 on Pixmania right now, some GTS450s reduced even as far as €99, the Sapphire HD5750 1GB is still under €97, and even a low-profile GTS450 for just €109 square! :D

But wait there's more! :pac:

Very Harvey Norman-esque Soltaire

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Very Harvey Norman-esque Soltaire

Lu Tze banned for life.

• Advertisement

In reality, there is no reason anyone should chose a GTS450 over a HD5770, especially at similar prices.

The HD5770 is a far superior card.

Advertisement