Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fantasy Pick 'Em - Boards League Created

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

0 Subs so far at co-main now guessing a bad night for ya ;)

Terrible event bar two perfects I got 4/13, couldn't even pick the winners Nevermind the MOV hahhaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I went for decisions in 11 of the 13 fights so I'm disappointed I didn't do better than 6/13 with 5 perfects for 1695 points. That only ranked mid-table for the event in our league.

I'll get a big update done after next week's event ahead of the McGregor/Aldo weekends madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Missed 5 fights on this card and made most of my picks drunk in the pub last night , did okay with 6/8 2 bonus & 5 perfect! New formula for future picks, booze :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Can we all agree to pick the fights with our eyes closed this week, what a brutal card, thank god its on during the day so I won't see it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hoki wrote: »
    Can we all agree to pick the fights with our eyes closed this week, what a brutal card, thank god its on during the day so I won't see it!

This is exactly while I'll watch it. If this was on in Vegas there's not a hope I'd even download it. I'm gonna be up anyways doing absolutely SFA tomorrow morning so why not get stuck into some fights at 11am :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Hoki wrote: »

Yeah that's a fairly woeful card alright.

Horrible event for me there. My worst since we started by some distance. I expect to drop back a bit after that.

I'll get the updated table done before the end of the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ah ffs, didnt realise this was an early event and hadnt made picks. Missed the very first event ye did and was after catching up even without that to be near the top and now nothing for this one. Feck it anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I believe that's the first time I've topped an event.

You may bow to me....

(Apparently I can predict the poor cards)

Here's our updated table after the last 3 events, including only active players:

User|Points
    Podge2k7 | 22135
    Paully D | 21625
    Axwell | 21145
    elkatsumoto | 20820
    ASOT | 20630
    H0key | 20620
    John_D80 | 20275
    jcd5971 | 20165
    Euskal | 20160
    cormac22 | 19860
    xtal191 | 19760
    Wrongway1985 | 19230
    jimmiijimjim | 18250
    davei141 | 16860
    Scudzilla | 15630
    Whelo79 | 14340
    glynnbolton | 13575
    fighter1888 | 9340
    Gixerscooby | 1520

Don't forget that our next event(s) is the madness of the McGregor v Aldo week. We have UFC Fight Night: Van Zant v Namajunas (Thursday 10th December), The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber Finale (Friday 11th December) and then UFC 194 (Saturday 12th December).

Also, I believe that the table resets itself at the start of each calendar year, so we only have the 3 aforementioned events and UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2 on December 19th before the first winner of our league will be confirmed. It's all to play for really as there's 9 or 10 players well in contention, while another 2 or 3 will be thinking they can challenge if they can put a run together over the next few events.

• Advertisement

Don't forget that the madness starts tomorrow night lads with 3 events in 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Paully D wrote: »
    Don't forget that the madness starts tomorrow night lads with 3 events in 3 days.

Even if you've previously made picks to Paige/Rose card which I did I noticed another bout had appeared recently

Here's our latest table after the 3 days of madness, as usual only including active players:

User | Points
    Paully D | 27985
    Podge2k7 | 27050
    xtal191 | 26120
    H0key | 25930
    John_D80 | 25340
    elkatsumoto | 25210
    cormac22 | 24830
    Euskal | 24200
    Wrongway1985 | 24120
    Axwell | 23465
    jcd5971 | 23235
    jimmiijimjim | 22640
    ASOT | 22425
    Whelo79 | 20250
    glynnbolton | 18365
    davei141 | 16860
    fighter1888 | 14580
    Gixerscooby | 13435
    Higgins1996 | 3995

Looks like I picked a good time to finish top of an event last night!

Just a quick note lads that next week (dos Anjos v Cerrone 2) is our last event of our first year doing this. The league automatically resets once 2016 comes I believe, so it's all to play for next weekend to become the inaugural champion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Amazingly tight in the middle there! I had a mare over the weekend with the picks.

My picks didn't save for the Mendes or McGregor cards absolutely gutted. That's me bowing out until January.

Was wondering why I dropped so many places and it seems my picks didnt save for UFC 194, made the other 2 the day before. Wonderful...
    That's me out of contention anyways, roll on next year.

Axwell wrote: »
    Was wondering why I dropped so many places and it seems my picks didnt save for UFC 194, made the other 2 the day before. Wonderful...
    That's me out of contention anyways, roll on next year.

Pain in the hole isn't it we can Duke it out on the last card in a head to head for honorary first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

If you're already in the league you're automatically in the league when it resets next year?

Don't forget to get the picks in for our last event lads!
    If you're already in the league you're automatically in the league when it resets next year?

I believe so. :)

Me and Axwell playing for the interim belt because our last picks didn't save. Good luck lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

If I may, (although I'm sure I'm not the only one) I'd like to extend my personal thanks to Paully D for administering the league so well, as well as posting all the event threads with those cool graphics and all the fight info and preview vids.

Good man Paully, your efforts really are appreciated and deserving of recognition. MMA forum contributor of the year, without a doubt.

Happy Christmas.

Agreed good lad Paully some serious effort put it, I wouldn't have held as much interest without the league table as it was confusing on the site due to people having points from events before we started.

Yous all made it enjoyable lads happy Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

+1 Fair play to you Paully

Yeah cheers for the updates and work Paully. Looking forward to next year and a proper run at it.

Is the Pickem home screen frozen for anyone else. Mine hasn't updated since the Diaz/Johnson fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Fair play Paully, it's been good craic throughout the years fights. You could have been more generous in your calculations for some posters *cough*.

Looking forward to next year.

Earlier glitch in the Pickem page seems to have been corrected.

Thought I better update this as the table will reset for UFC 195: Lawler v Condit, however, it appears it already has. :( There's no trace of the league ever even being there. :confused:

I was hoping it would just renew automatically but it appears that the league just disappears and you have to create a new one etc each year. What a crap system considering the amount of time we all put into it.

Thanks for the kind words by the way lads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Just checked my fantasy and it doesn't say I'm in any leagues atm.
    Is there new login details for the new league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Just checked my fantasy and it doesn't say I'm in any leagues atm.
    Is there new login details for the new league.

Would like to know this also; maybe a new thread for 2016 with info perhaps?

It appears we do need to create a new league each year as it just disappears, along with getting the final rankings very quickly after the last event of the year before they wipe it clean. The amount of time we spend on it certainly isn't equal to the reward the site gives us. It should be much better organised by the UFC.

Unfortunately I won't have the time to run it this year and don't want to go half arsed at it, so whoever wants to take the reigns this year - feel free. :)

It appears we do need to create a new league each year as it just disappears, along with getting the final rankings very quickly after the last event of the year before they wipe it clean. The amount of time we spend on it certainly isn't equal to the reward the site gives us. It should be much better organised by the UFC.

Unfortunately I won't have the time to run it this year and don't want to go half arsed at it, so whoever wants to take the reigns this year - feel free. :)

Is there much to it Paully?

John_D80 wrote: »

To be honest mate, not really.

I'd see keeping the table updated after every event as being the main thing. That keeps people interested and the banter going. Oh, and looking through to see who is actually active in the league and removing the non-active players. You'll probably get 30 that sign up and come the summer there'll be about 12 players who will make picks every event.

Updating the table does take time however. The way the UFC have it organised it means if someone has totaled say 10,000 points from making picks in the past then they'll have those points in the Boards league (or any other league they join). It means you'll have to do a bit of working out their real Boards league score each event.

With the way things are for me at the moment and for the foreseeable future I just can't guarantee that I'd be able to get the table updated enough or keep on track of who's active etc.

To be honest mate, not really.

I'd see keeping the table updated after every event as being the main thing. That keeps people interested and the banter going. Oh, and looking through to see who is actually active in the league and removing the non-active players. You'll probably get 30 that sign up and come the summer there'll be about 12 players who will make picks every event.

Updating the table does take time however. The way the UFC have it organised it means if someone has totaled say 10,000 points from making picks in the past then they'll have those points in the Boards league (or any other league they join). It means you'll have to do a bit of working out their real Boards league score each event.

With the way things are for me at the moment and for the foreseeable future I just can't guarantee that I'd be able to get the table updated enough or keep on track of who's active etc.
    Add your reply here.

If we are all starting again from scratch at the first event of the year, would you say thst negates any need to post tables here??

So what's the story did we make a new league or what?

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    So what's the story did we make a new league or what?
    Add your reply here.

Id be happy enough to run it if no one has any objections.

There will surely be a few teething problems as im going in blind here but sure what harm.

Can i get a nomination and a seconder please??

Add your reply here.

There will surely be a few teething problems as im going in blind here but sure what harm.

Yeah if you want to take it on cool, I can chip in then another me you need a break. Aslong as we get it up and running I'm happy for whoever wants to take it on to do it!

ASOT wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Yeah if you want to take it on cool, I can chip in then another me you need a break. Aslong as we get it up and running I'm happy for whoever wants to take it on to do it!

Well i wont be home til this evening so as time is an issue here im perfectly ok with you setting it up.

I agree though. As long as it gets going, thats the main thingm

EDIT: I'll have this up an running in an hour or two folks.

Advertisement