Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Play Store now available?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm still seeing the UK one anyway!
    Probably just a matter of time before it's gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I just opened the app to find full play store access. I used a UK proxy to set up google music last week so that must be it. Sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Youre all wrong :D It's been changed to CC location now, supposedly. I.e if you registered a card as UK you get it. New feature to allow people to use their content while on holidays. There's a thread over on reddit.com/r/android

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Link?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you buy something on UK store via proxy on your laptop, such as a magazine subscription, will it get delivered to your device that is not using that proxy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/18b26j/google_play_checks_cc_data_instead_of_location/

Would make sense - I have a US address listed for my credit card in my google wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

polaris68 wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/18b26j/google_play_checks_cc_data_instead_of_location/

Would make sense - I have a US address listed for my credit card in my google wallet.
    Yeah mine was gone after I took away the UK addressed card.

One thing I know for sure - as soon as we get the full store in Ireland, we'll be able to order hardware like the Nexus and use Google Music natively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

advertsfox wrote: »
    Yeah mine was gone after I took away the UK addressed card.

One thing I know for sure - as soon as we get the full store in Ireland, we'll be able to order hardware like the Nexus and use Google Music natively.

For sure? I thought France had music but no devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Dubhaltach wrote: »

For sure? I thought France had music but no devices.
    Google and France have agreement issues ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭xperiaguy

I use a proxy on my home PC. It means I get access to the US store. I can’t buy anything as I need to have US credit card, but I was able to download the Google Play Music app before it was available here (and while it was available in the UK). On my PC, I was prompted to download Google Play Music Manager. It allowed me to then upload all my music on to the Google Cloud. I have it set up so that any music I buy on iTunes is automatically uploaded to the Cloud, and so on my phone via the Google Music Play app straight away. It’s brilliant.

Just wish we didn’t have to use the proxy. Would love full access to the all of Google’s offerings in Google Play.

Haven’t seen anyone confirm when the rest of Google Play’s services might be rolled out in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

xperiaguy wrote: »
    I use a proxy on my home PC. It means I get access to the US store. I can’t buy anything as I need to have US credit card, but I was able to download the Google Play Music app before it was available here (and while it was available in the UK). On my PC, I was prompted to download Google Play Music Manager. It allowed me to then upload all my music on to the Google Cloud. I have it set up so that any music I buy on iTunes is automatically uploaded to the Cloud, and so on my phone via the Google Music Play app straight away. It’s brilliant.

Just wish we didn’t have to use the proxy. Would love full access to the all of Google’s offerings in Google Play.

Haven’t seen anyone confirm when the rest of Google Play’s services might be rolled out in Ireland.

I think the problem is negotiating rights. IRMA make demands that mean negotiating the rights are difficult. As long as there are bigger markets to be negotiated as easily if not easier then the little Irish market hovers around the back of the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I use a proxy on my home PC. It means I get access to the US store. I can’t buy anything as I need to have US credit card, but I was able to download the Google Play Music app before it was available here (and while it was available in the UK). On my PC, I was prompted to download Google Play Music Manager.

I'm on a UK proxy for work but I'm unable to open the music manager on my desktop as it gets you to set up your account and validates it via a credit card, so can't get any further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Using the proxy go to your google wallet and add an US address to your credit card. Go to the US play store in a browser and buy a song.

If you can successfully make the purchase, you should have access to the US play store even without the proxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭xperiaguy

touts wrote: »
    I think the problem is negotiating rights. IRMA make demands that mean negotiating the rights are difficult. As long as there are bigger markets to be negotiated as easily if not easier then the little Irish market hovers around the back of the queue.

Yeah, all comes down to where they can best spend their money and probably don't worry about small markets like Ireland.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm on a UK proxy for work but I'm unable to open the music manager on my desktop as it gets you to set up your account and validates it via a credit card, so can't get any further.

My friend told me this too. This must be a new thing as I didn't have that problem (first got it around 3 months ago).
    polaris68 wrote: »
    Using the proxy go to your google wallet and add an US address to your credit card. Go to the US play store in a browser and buy a song.

If you can successfully make the purchase, you should have access to the US play store even without the proxy.

Cool, I'll try that. That will work for Google Movies too I assume?

Advertisement