Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAMMA 24 - 3Arena 27th Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hopefully this embed works for people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Good performance from young Tuke

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha gas walkout. Serious knee to the gut, impressive win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Lads Lloyd Manning fought at what the ****? He's a big boy, did he even make weight?

Can't find the Rys McKee, Lloyd Manning, James Gallagher or Cian Cowley fights in the prelims, were they on earlier? 'Tis a pity because I would have liked to see them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,854 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was meant to travel up to this but ended up missing out because I'm broke :(

Cheers for the freq for Channel 5 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

califano wrote: »
    Their twitter are showing the early prelims on periscope now.
    Prelims on Lonsdale Facebook from 7pm

Main card 9pm on channel 5 sky 'other channels'

Frequency: 10.964
    Polarity:- H
    Symbol Rate: 22.0
    FEC :- 5/6

Not working for me. Anybody having trouble watching?

All im getting is some stupid fcukin hull soccer match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Well done bamma, brilliant night so far, 0 crowd trouble here. 2 fights left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Went and watched the prelimes wanted to see Cowleys MMA debut,went as expected grapple ****ed,

Rhys McKee is a serious prospect teriffic fighter his head kick was like a crocop kick slept the guy,

James Gallagher won again easily hes the best grappler in the country at his age 19 only kid is going all the way to the top,

Tuke is a very unorthodox striker vicious style hard to train for starched Andrews great win another serious prospect,

The show was moving swiftly soon as they started taking the piss with the breaks I left got home for the Damien Rooney fight and the UFC london main card so cant complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    All im getting is some stupid fcukin hull soccer match

It's in other channels;
    Spike.

My god some finish from Philips in the main event Bamma is just the best between that and Cage kings its just been teriffic.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Went and watched the prelimes wanted to see Cowleys MMA debut,went as expected grapple ****ed,

Rhys McKee is a serious prospect teriffic fighter his head kick was like a crocop kick slept the guy,

James Gallagher won again easily hes the best grappler in the country at his age 19 only kid is going all the way to the top,

Tuke is a very unorthodox striker vicious style hard to train for starched Andrews great win another serious prospect,

The show was moving swiftly soon as they started taking the piss with the breaks I left got home for the Damien Rooney fight and the UFC london main card so cant complain.

I've never seen James at any BJJ comps. Is he a purple belt?

Seems a good talent alright from the few fights I've seen of him. I like B Moore a bit more though although a good bit older.

Gallagher might be the best Irish grappler in MMA right now, but not in grappling in general in Ireland.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Gallagher might be the best Irish grappler in MMA right now, but not in grappling in general in Ireland.

There is not a person at 19 years of age that would beat him in mma or grappling in the gi,he taps out sbg brown and black belts the guy is a phenom and Ive no connection with him or his club what so ever,hes living with Kavangh as far as I know since hes 15 or 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I enjoyed the fights but streamed the London ufc during the huge breaks between fights on the main card

There is not a person at 19 years of age that would beat him in mma or grappling in the gi,he taps out sbg brown and black belts the guy is a phenom and Ive no connection with him or his club what so ever,hes living with Kavangh as far as I know since hes 15 or 16.

Just because he taps Brown and Black belts dosnt mean hes the best grappler at his age in Ireland. I'm a Blue belt and have tapped Brown and Black Belts before but that doesnt mean a think.

Id argue that there are lots of guys winning European medals(both GI and no GI) at purple belt from ireland who are around 18/19/20 years of age, not to mention the top class blue belts coming through winning golds at pretty much every European competition they attend

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just because he taps Brown and Black belts dosnt mean hes the best grappler at his age in Ireland. I'm a Blue belt and have tapped Brown and Black Belts before but that doesnt mean a think.

Id argue that there are lots of guys winning European medals(both GI and no GI) at purple belt from ireland who are around 18/19/20 years of age, not to mention the top class blue belts coming through winning golds at pretty much every European competition they attend

Name one person you think would beat him in pure grappling at the age of 19 so?I compete and will be doing so tomorrow in cork so Im sure I know of them if they are any good,he would have sex with any bluebelt in the country at his weigh its not even debateble.

Name one person you think would beat him in pure grappling at the age of 19 so?I compete and will be doing so tomorrow in cork so Im sure I know of them if they are any good,he would have sex with any bluebelt in the country at his weigh its not even debateble.

I don't know the chap myself, what weight does he compete at in GI? I assume he dosnt cut as much as for a fight?

Like I said I've never seen him at a BJJ comp myself so haven't seen him in a GI. It's just that it's a big statement to make that he's by far the best grappler in the country?(maybe he is though)

Also I really wouldn't like to roll with him myself if he's going to have sex with me ;)

Not sure if he's the same age but Sam McNally would be a name that comes to mind for me as a very good young grappler in Ireland.

Edit: what's the name of the SBG blue belt that pulled off the berimbolo in the cage before Christmas? He looks a tidy fighter/grappler as well but maybe not up to the same level as tonight yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Just home going to stick on ufc London and if it's half as exciting as Bamma I'll be happy!

Great night of fights with some great displays...Irish mma has a solid future based off some performances tonight.

How the firekid and Philips are not in the ufc by now amazes me...they were unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't know the chap myself, what weight does he compete at in GI? I assume he dosnt cut as much as for a fight?

Like I said I've never seen him at a BJJ comp myself so haven't seen him in a GI. It's just that it's a big statement to make that he's by far the best grappler in the country?(maybe he is though)

Also I really wouldn't like to roll with him myself if he's going to have sex with me ;)

Not sure if he's the same age but Sam McNally would be a name that comes to mind for me as a very good young grappler in Ireland.

Edit: what's the name of the SBG blue belt that pulled off the berimbolo in the cage before Christmas? He looks a tidy fighter/grappler as well but maybe not up to the same level as tonight yet.

That's Lee Hammond and I'm fairly sure he's pulled off two berimbolo's now inside the octagon. He just made the switch recently to MMA and he's another good prospect, definitely known more for his BJJ at this stage though.

BAMMA was brilliant last night, bigger crowd than the last BAMMA I think. Great night of fights, the only negative was the long breaks between some fights. Tuke was impressive as always, he's the best Irish prospect in my opinion, followed closely by Gallagher who looked very good as well.

Very disappointed I missed McKee's fight as I desperately wanted to see it, he's a serious talent too. Hopefully a video becomes available of his KO.

David Haye was cageside doing analysis also, wasn't expecting to see him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Some serious fights last night.

Kavanagh and Dos Santos was an absolute war.

Gallagher, Mckee, Tuke, Firekid and Phillips are some serious talents.

Dalton looked good too.

Wasn't that impressed with Queally. Has an impressive tank though.

Great even overall. Not as much English at it as last time. Probably explains the good behavior.

moneyman wrote: »
    That's Lee Hammond and I'm fairly sure he's pulled off two berimbolo's now inside the octagon. He just made the switch recently to MMA and he's another good prospect, definitely known more for his BJJ at this stage though.

BAMMA was brilliant last night, bigger crowd than the last BAMMA I think. Great night of fights, the only negative was the long breaks between some fights. Tuke was impressive as always, he's the best Irish prospect in my opinion, followed closely by Gallagher who looked very good as well.

Very disappointed I missed McKee's fight as I desperately wanted to see it, he's a serious talent too. Hopefully a video becomes available of his KO.

David Haye was cageside doing analysis also, wasn't expecting to see him there.

Thats him. My first fight in my first BJJ comp was against him. He got me in a double lapel choke from standing, never even saw it coming. He's a great talent, with himself a few guys from Team Torres and ECJJ there's some really good blue belts coming through.

I was meant to go myself but money was tight so ended up missing out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Brilliant night of fights. The breaks were a killer though leading into the two fights on TV at 10pm.

Kavanagh vs Dos Santos was a really great scrap and to be honest, I thought that Dos Santos won that fight 29-28 despite a late rally from Kavanagh.

Thought the atmosphere was much better than the last event and their production looked a lot cleaner. Nice that all prelims were shown on the big screen this time out too.

I wish they had kept Noel O'Keefe as MC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

Fair play to BAMMA for putting on such a great show, good to see the crowds out for it. A lot of brilliant performances. Tuke and Gallagher have massive futures ahead of them, so composed and skillfull. Great night all round!

All the prospects will have much tougher fights to come but to experience that atmosphere so early in their career is amazing it doesnt get bigger than the Point so if the ufc come knocking when they're back it wont phase any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Is cians fight on the prelim video a few pages back. Can't seen to see it.

corkgsxr wrote: »

Got taken down in the first 2 rounds,looked safe even when mounted was never in any submission danger,3rd round he lit your man up for a small bit almost had a gullotine at one stage,was a good debut for amatuer to be fair to him has an awful lot to learn before he takes a pro fight.

corkgsxr wrote: »

Yes it depends on the age of the boiler I suppose...wait, wtf u doin here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Annoying that they took the prelims down. I was looking forward to watching that after work tonight.

Anyone have a link for the prelims?

Main card here:
    https://www.my5.tv/bamma/season-2015/bamma-2016-kone-vs-phillips

Advertisement