Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do!!??!!??!??!??!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

well i have to say.. they customer service is excellent!!! I've mailed DV twice within the last 20 mins, and they've replied within 5 mins of each mail!!!! thats damn good service:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

That is about right on shipping. I've gone with them before as they have had stuff the germans don't stock (mics), but if you aren't buying such things and they are just more expensive then go elsewhere.

If it's just the mbox you are getting the musicstore.com is cheaper on the price and cheaper on the shippnig, plus it comes via UPS which are those lovely nice men in uniform and not parcelforce who are those less lovely nice men in GLS vans *spit*. And, they have a proper credit card system unlike thomann :)

Rob

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Na, I used musik-productiv.de or something like that.

Still waiting on my amp. It was shipped last Wednesday :(

they're lines close at 6 and i can ring myself and use the mothers card.. now all i have to do is get in touch with my ma and get here details and then ring DV.. i think they deserve my business with that service!!

rob1891 wrote:
    If it's just the mbox you are getting the musicstore.com is cheaper on the price and cheaper on the shippnig, plus it comes via UPS which are those lovely nice men in uniform and not parcelforce who are those less lovely nice men in GLS vans *spit*. And, they have a proper credit card system as feylya found after getting annoyed by thomann :)

Rob

me goes to investigate.. how long would shipping take from there??

*edit* woow, am i right in thinkin that the price on musicstore.com INCLUDES postage!! COOL!! mbox fac only 599!!

• Advertisement

it's hard to say, let me have a look at some emails ...

last order I made with them was on the 8th of December. Part of that was sent on the 9th (whatever was in stock) and delivered at an unknown date (I can't remember, some time last week) and the other part was sent on the 17th and arrived today, the 22nd. So that was fast enough for the second part of the order. If whatever you are looking for is in stock on the webpage (and in stock in real life!) then I'd expect stuff within a week, EXCEPT, it's Christmas and the Germans probably get more holidays than us!

no postage is 23 flat upto some crazy weight. Plus they don't charge for extra shipments and ship whatever they have as soon as they can. That said, last order I got doesn't seem to have shipping charged, or perhaps vat, well something is wrong as it adds up to less that what I expected, which is nice :)

with any luck if i order tonight, it will be shipped before xmas day? surely, if it's in stock, it doesn't take 2 days to ship, they probably have a o/g shipment every morning or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It may be a stupid question, but do the German stores ship Pro Tools in German?

ooohh, me gets excited!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

rob1891 wrote:
    it's Christmas and the Germans probably get more holidays than us!

Actually I'd say they get less but use them far more efficiently

well thomann, have each listed.. eg, Reason 2.5(E) for english.. and Reason 2.5(D) for german... ??

Ah balls. I just realised that my stuff hasn't been shipped and won't be til mid January at the very earliest.

Pants :(

feylya wrote:
    Ah balls. I just realised that my stuff hasn't been shipped and won't be til mid January at the very earliest.

Pants :(
    I've been wanting to know how musik-productiv are, is it some unavoidable problem or are they screwing around?

Na, it's my misunderstanding. The microcube and ME-50 aren't in stock and they won't be getting a shipment in til mid January. I thought that they had shipped the rest of the stuff but I had misunderstood the email.

Their shipping ist schlect!

Ahhh you'll be too pissed around Christmas to play anyway, Now you'll get it when your hangover is gone :)

At least I got a microcube last night :D

actually, i have a question.. what's is the version of reason you get with the mbox like? compared to the full version?

and does anyone know the number for chris guitars, cos there's no number at all on his site!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Wow, how did I miss this whole conversation??

I concur with Doc J, you still have a guitar to play with, take some time to learn recording technology. A better guitar will record much better, but in the immediate future that won't make a difference.

But get a 57, rather than a 58, for micing amps. They have a different frequency response. If you need to save cash on mics, don't get a 58 at all. Absolutely definitely get a condensor mic (or two) for vocals, acoustic guitars, drum overheads, miscellaneous instruments and room recording. If you're on a budget, the T.Bone stuff is of acceptable quality. Large diaphram would be more versatile.

Thomann have hassled me in the past, but did lay off the last time because of my order history. Think I may have posted the original Digital Village link... I bought 2 mics from them a couple of years ago. Shipping was a hassle (there was a delay of some kind), but I saved 600 euros on the Thomann price.

You might as well get to know Protools if anything. But get your hands on everything you can to try out. At the end of the day, the sonic difference between a mix in one program or another is negligable - it's all about the plugins!

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=499809&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1

see near the bottom of the tread ... sounds a bit limited

• Advertisement

newband wrote:
    actually, i have a question.. what's is the version of reason you get with the mbox like? compared to the full version?

and does anyone know the number for chris guitars, cos there's no number at all on his site!

Email preferred and required on all deals but if you need to call:
    9:00am-4:00pm and 5:30 pm-9:00pm Eastern Time: 518-432-4168

It's on the front page :confused:

The version of Reason you get with ProTools is scaled down, there are only a fixed number of devices you can use. Having said that, it is functional enough to know the program well enough to decide whether you want the full version or not, the full version of Reason is €300 or so, you're not going to get the full version of Reason along with Pro Tools LE and the Mbox for €600, be reasonable.

When you're buying Pro-Tools the vendor should supply you with the very latest release, in this case LE 6.7.

You can also download some free Bomb Factory plugins at http://www.digidesign.com/products/bundle/

Personally, I think the mbox is a fecking great deal. It allows you to work on full quality studio stuff at home, maybe record drums in a studio and record the rest at home and mix it there too, or bring it back to a studio to mix, whatever.

i cant see any number:confused:

thats cool, i was gonna get reason as well as the mbox.. but if i already get a version with it then i'll wait and see what that's like before gettin the new one..

i listened to some demos of amplitube last night.. it's fair to say i was impressed:D

*edit* ah i see the number now!! i'm must have been too excited last night to notice:D

Mine all mine:D

06_lg.jpg

mmmmmm :cool:

PS: mBox shall be mine second week of January :p

Excellent stuff man. I shall expect full reports and pics in due time.

Indeed... me shivers with excitement:)

ITS XMAS EVE!!!!

newband crawls off to bed

Peace out! :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Hmm, gives me an idea...

actually i have another question about the mbox... when i get the monitors.. i kinda want to use my pc as a stereo as well.. but the monitors will be hooked up to the mbox.. which means i can hear anything in pro tools atc as well as what i'm recording.. but what about when i play cds and stuff.. the mbox wont even come into the equation.. will i be able to route the sounds to the monitors at all? :confused:

Set the mbox up as your PC's default sound card. Easy Peasy :)

woo hoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Pearled pick guard. That is all.

Advertisement