Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

eviltwin wrote: »
    In pain....I gave bone marrow yesterday so I'm not sick but boy do I hurt today :eek: I have a pile of box sets, books and magazines and chocolate to get through the weekend.

Wow, fair play. I'm on the register but I've never been called up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I had a particularly writey exam today and fear my wrist may never function properly again. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

In pain....I gave bone marrow yesterday so I'm not sick but boy do I hurt today :eek: I have a pile of box sets, books and magazines and chocolate to get through the weekend.

Fair juice to you for doing that, I don't think I'd be able for it but I would like to think I'd do it some day. You deserve plenty of treats :)

Going to use up the last bit of flour and make some Snickerdoodles :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Fair juice to you for doing thatD

That always makes me smile, so does saying "Oh the ironing" instead of irony :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The last push up test I did, I got to 20 before point of failure! :D
    Haven't done them in a while though coz of my toe.

Muffin, have you tried box push ups to try and build your upper body first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone!!!

Anyone doing anything exciting? :)

Heading to Tipperary to see one of my best friend's, haven't seen her since last August so can't wait to catch up in person instead of on the phone.

Have a bottle of champagne that we can drink while chatting :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I seem to have been overpaid. Oh dear. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Went home at lunch there.

Bubbly in fridge for a few nerve settlers tonight - check

Leinster bunting & flags up outside house - check

Less than two hours left in work - check

Lay the weekend on me, please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I seem to have been overpaid. Oh dear. :cool:

Hopefully they won't find out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

@LovelyMuffin - I've said it before but I'll say it again. Pot bellys are usually caused by bloatin of the belly from eating wheat (and for me it happens with pasta). Try limit it and you'll see an improvement. Keep up the good work with the 30day shred.
    Aye I had pasta yesterday for the first time in about two weeks.

I've cut out white bread and brown bread in the last week.

I'm going to cut down on potatoes too.
    I have a job interview in 2 hours :eek: Got the call at half 11, she wanted me to come in on Monday but I have an exam so I have to go in today! I am soo nervous!
    Good luck, hope you get the job.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    The last push up test I did, I got to 20 before point of failure! :D
    Haven't done them in a while though coz of my toe.

Muffin, have you tried box push ups to try and build your upper body first?
    What are box push up's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

shoes34 wrote: »
    Heading to Tipperary to see one of my best friend's, haven't seen her since last August so can't wait to catch up in person instead of on the phone.

Have a bottle of champagne that we can drink while chatting :):)

Oooh I'm from Tipp :D Have a nice time... Well, you'll have champagne in Tipperary... no better combo for a good time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Haven't read anything here in ages, I've been trying to get this course finished. Which brings me to this point, anyone remember if you did this thing where you clapped hands with a friend in different ways and said some sort of rhyme or something, did that have a name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Was sent home sick from work this morning with dodgy ears and throat. Came home went to bed and slept till 2. Threw on a tshirt to run over to the shopping centre and forgot my bra. Didn't cop till I was running into to centre and felt the aul boobs giggling around. Thank god I was wearing a baggy hoody :)

Now waiting to get threaded for the first time, I figure I'll feel no pain with all the painkillers I've taken today :)

My best friend made a promise to me, to look after my dog just for the Summer while me nd the OH saved up money to get a house with a suitable garden for him. We brought him to her, put up a gate in her garden for her, and bought her enough food to keep him fed.

She's after fb messaging me saying she won't keep him anymore because she "didn't have plans hen she offered to take him but does now"
    She posted these plans on fb the other day... It's to go around the country drinking with her college roomates.

It might seem like over reacting, but I never, ever, ask her for anything, I really never do, and I was the one who begged my parents to take her in for a few weeks when she was put in foster care a few years ago (my parents were never even foster carers). They even kept her for 2 years, without ever asking for a penny, and I was always there for her, dropping everything at a seconds notice for her... And she won't even do this for me.

Am I being selfish? I feel stupid.. I can't say all this to her cause I just don't wanna fight, hope ye don't mind me venting here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Gah!
    So proud of Mam for getting back to work after years of not being able to. But her poor body is in bits :(
    She has another 4 hour shift tonight too. I'm gonna get her new work shoes and get her lifts put on tomorrow after work.
    Hopefully that'll help.
    I'm hoping it's just because it's the first day she's done in years and not a flare up.
    I hate seeing her in pain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

She doesn't sound like much of a friend tbh Sar_Bear...:( your poor doggy. And you.

Just had three banana's since I didn't eat my lunch as it was too spicy for me and I wasn't gone on the flavour of it.

She doesn't sound like much of a friend tbh Sar_Bear...:( your poor doggy. And you.

Starting to think that myself.. Thinking of everything I've done for her over the last few years, (big things) and can't even think of one or two things she's done for me... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I keep forgetting about the "other" message folder on Facebook and only check it sporadically. I got a message from this woman I don't know insisting I added her (I didn't) and she seemed genuine. Has anyone ever heard of a glitch like that?

Also got a message from someone insisting we were childhood friends (don't think so) and a message from this woman telling me it "was a great idea and everyone would be there once I decided on a location".

I hate the other folder! :mad:

And it's not as if they're spammers, they're real people and they know my name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On the Airlink. Driver was still smoking in the doorway of the bus 5 minutes after it was due to leave... :mad:

Can all the stupid people who slow down airport security please go to T1? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Have arrived at my favourite weekend spot, a beach town about 1.5 hours from where I live. Am currently sitting out on the balcony with a cold beer and a giant dog. It's 9pm and it's so hot I'm literally dripping with sweat, the humidity is through the roof. Honestly, if you need to lose weight then come to India in April/ May/ June, I'm burning calories just sitting here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My friend gave me books today as a (very) early birthday present :D I wasn't expecting anything at all, especially because my birthday isn't until August but when I was leaving for my bus after a lovely few hours he sheepishly gave me a Chapters bag and told me when he realised he probably wouldn't see me until Christmas he decided to get me something. Dote and a half. :)

Can't wait to get stuck into them now! They're very well chosen, all of them are ones I've been intending to read for a while. And today was so nice, it was brilliant being in Dublin chatting to a friend without having to run off to study or whatever. :D

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Have arrived at my favourite weekend spot, a beach town about 1.5 hours from where I live. Am currently sitting out on the balcony with a cold beer and a giant dog. It's 9pm and it's so hot I'm literally dripping with sweat, the humidity is through the roof. Honestly, if you need to lose weight then come to India in April/ May/ June, I'm burning calories just sitting here :)

note to self don't go to india april-june

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Sounds uncomfortable! I think I'd melt :pac:

Sounds uncomfortable! I think I'd melt :pac:

you capitalised your username!
    *points*

• Advertisement

I know it's been annoying you :pac:. It's been bugging me ever since that thread a while back on people with no capital in their names :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Congrats Fluroescence!

Just got all my bills sorted out for moving next weekend! It's going to be fabulous! Planning on getting the garden trimmed up and all in shape so the neighbours know there is someone about the place! :D

Also gots new paints, so my blue and green floral colour scheme seems to be working for my new bedroom. Everywhere else in the house might be like a bomb hit it but by god my room will be good!

I know it's been annoying you :pac:. It's been bugging me ever since that thread a while back on people with no capital in their names :P

Actually it looks weird :( :pac:

I prefer mine lowercase :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

It's uncomfortable to a point but once you resign yourself to sweating consistently you stop caring what you look like and just give in. It's quite liberating! Also my skin hasn't been this clear and smooth in years, sweating all those toxins out is amazing.

Planning a photography project for my sister's hen while I'm here; I've printed out colour photos of her and I'm going to make some A4 posters of her tomorrow morning, then bring them around town and get random people to hold them for photographs. I can then make a photo album of tons of Indian people wishing my sister a happy hen and a wonderful marriage. I know it's a bit silly but I hope she finds the humour and the gesture in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My god well done eviltwin! You should be very very proud, you probably saved someones life yesterday :)
    Sar_Bear wrote: »
    My best friend made a promise to me, to look after my dog just for the Summer while me nd the OH saved up money to get a house with a suitable garden for him. We brought him to her, put up a gate in her garden for her, and bought her enough food to keep him fed.

She's after fb messaging me saying she won't keep him anymore because she "didn't have plans hen she offered to take him but does now"
    She posted these plans on fb the other day... It's to go around the country drinking with her college roomates.

It might seem like over reacting, but I never, ever, ask her for anything, I really never do, and I was the one who begged my parents to take her in for a few weeks when she was put in foster care a few years ago (my parents were never even foster carers). They even kept her for 2 years, without ever asking for a penny, and I was always there for her, dropping everything at a seconds notice for her... And she won't even do this for me.

Am I being selfish? I feel stupid.. I can't say all this to her cause I just don't wanna fight, hope ye don't mind me venting here :(

That sucks Sar_Bear, at least you've a medium here to vent. I hate people who make promises and don't keep it, especially about something as important as minding a doggy.

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Actually it looks weird :( :pac:

I prefer mine lowercase :D

Lies. LIES. It's fancy. Like a fancy-pants.
    It's uncomfortable to a point but once you resign yourself to sweating consistently you stop caring what you look like and just give in. It's quite liberating! Also my skin hasn't been this clear and smooth in years, sweating all those toxins out is amazing.

Planning a photography project for my sister's hen while I'm here; I've printed out colour photos of her and I'm going to make some A4 posters of her tomorrow morning, then bring them around town and get random people to hold them for photographs. I can then make a photo album of tons of Indian people wishing my sister a happy hen and a wonderful marriage. I know it's a bit silly but I hope she finds the humour and the gesture in it!

I'll take your word for it - I won't be jetting off to India any time soon. Gots to finish the studies first :(. Besides, Sweden is at the top of my Want-To-Visit list!

Wow, what an amazing gift idea! I love it. I would be so chuffed if I were your sister :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

and i am DONE!!!! :D.....till august!!!

already a wee bit drunk people just keep buying me drink wooooo!!!! :D

That's an amazing present!! I would love to get something like that, it's something she'll have forever :)
    bubblefett wrote: »

That sucks Sar_Bear, at least you've a medium here to vent. I hate people who make promises and don't keep it, especially about something as important as minding a doggy.

Thanks :o I think the reason I'm so upset is I've done so much for her but she won't even do this for me so she can spend her Summer drinking? I just don't get it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

A guy on facebook is telling me a project I've been doing for college is "too technical" for a girl :/ I mean, seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Lia_lia wrote: »
    A guy on facebook is telling me a project I've been doing for college is "too technical" for a girl :/ I mean, seriously?
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i lost my tanning mitt....old fluffy socks for me i suppose :(

What are box push up's?

http://www.ibodz.com/exercise/box-press-up

There's a gif picture there that shows you. It's probably a good way to start and then you won't feel like it's such a chore.

tell him he's too thick for a girl

today's stirfry was brought to you by lemon, honey, cinnamon, ginger and cumin
    oh yeah :cool:
    pity we've no rosemary

http://www.ibodz.com/exercise/box-press-up

There's a gif picture there that shows you. It's probably a good way to start and then you won't feel like it's such a chore.
    Thanks so much, they look easy enough, course, the other push up's I was doing looked easy too.

Will give these a try tonight and let you know how I get on :)

Have a chicken in the oven now, hope it's cooked soon, I'm starving. :(

today's stirfry was brought to you by lemon, honey, cinnamon, ginger and cumin
    oh yeah :cool:
    pity we've no rosemary
    That sounds fab, have a recipe please?

I'm having a hot lemon and honey with with some cloves in it, so delicious. :)

• Advertisement

That sounds fab, have a recipe please?

I'm having a hot lemon and honey with with some cloves in it, so delicious. :)

no recipe :D
    just slice the chicken into strips, throw in the asian mix veg frozen stir fry stuff, dash in half a lemon and a scatter of honey and um throw in the rest of the spices
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

/dirty mind

i lost my tanning mitt....old fluffy socks for me i suppose :(

I would never thought of using those!

I lost my mit once, and used one of these (the soft side)

mit_1.jpg

Worked way better than any mitt I've ever used... Weird I know, but I was desperate! :o

Thanks so much, they look easy enough, course, the other push up's I was doing looked easy too.

Will give these a try tonight and let you know how I get on :)

Have a chicken in the oven now, hope it's cooked soon, I'm starving. :(

Glad to help! :)

Try and do 15 of them. You should be struggling at the last two or three. If you're struggling a bit then it means it's a challenge and there's something to work towards.

They are surprisingly tiring so they are.

mammy is exclaiming at how awesome my dinner was :cool::cool:

Glad to help! :)

Try and do 15 of them. You should be struggling at the last two or three. If you're struggling a bit then it means it's a challenge and there's something to work towards.

They are surprisingly tiring so they are.
    They are quite tiring I find.

Like when I lower myself to the ground and have to get onto my knees to get up, after a couple of tries, I get tired :o I'm very unfit though, which doesn't help at all obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Ella made friends with a guide dog called Paddy and his Mammy on the train today. She got very upset when they had to leave and paddy was going back to work so she couldn't scratch him behind his ears anymore. So cute and so, so smart.

In other news, I didn't get the course transfer that I applied to which sucks a lot. Oh well :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Translation: "I don't understand what your project is about. And I can't handle girls being smarter than me. I'm really insecure."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I am so over working Saturdays. I am completely fed up with it. Missing the Rugby and The Matrix on the big screen tomorrow. Seriously? This sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I wanted to go on the register but because I lived in the UK in the 80s I can't, they won't even put me on the international register for those in the Uk in the 1980s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement