Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Got mine too.
    Anyone else get a free bag of Haribo with their tee?

Qwertee do that will all their t-shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I love this show. Surprised it is not more popular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Shane St. wrote: »
    I love this show. Surprised it is not more popular
    I'm sure if it was being being shown in Ireland, it would be.

I've forcibly converted so many people over to it. I kind of understand why some religious people love converting people now.

*prints information leaflets for going door to door*

"Have you heard the good news? There exists a heaven on earth. It's called the...Dreamatorium. Let me take you there."

Qwertee do that will all their t-shirts.

It was a really nice touch, I thought. Nice little surprise when I opened up mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It was a really nice touch, I thought. Nice little surprise when I opened up mine.

Yeah I love that about getting a Qwertee tshirt! This is the third one I've bought now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I'm sure if it was being being shown in Ireland, it would be.

I've forcibly converted so many people over to it. I kind of understand why some religious people love converting people now.

*prints information leaflets for going door to door*

"Have you heard the good news? There exists a heaven on earth. It's called the...Dreamatorium. Let me take you there."

My method was to tell all my friends it was as good as Arrested Development - it did take a lot of nagging to finally make them watch it but they're all fans now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone still following Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne? It's coming along nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Anyone still following Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne? It's coming along nicely.

I haven't checked it out in a while but I keep seeing things about it on Tumblr - will have a look in the next few days :)

Just downloaded it there from here and it's pretty amazing. When you die and get to the part with the hippies, but turn left and go out the exit door, you go into 8bit Greendale!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The secret room in the Dean's office is hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    My method was to tell all my friends it was as good as Arrested Development

so you just downright lied to them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Mactard wrote: »
    Yup, Community's better than AD! :D

/awaits hate-mail

I based my arguments on it being as smart and witty as AD - plus I bigged up Annie's boobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nights t-shirt and hoodie just arrived! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nights t-shirt and hoodie just arrived! Yay!

Oh excellent, hopefully mine arrives today also, I'm going for pints with a Community fan this evening, will be well impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I based my arguments on it being as smart and witty as AD - plus I bigged up Annie's boobs.
    True, AD is fairly monkey free. Good point.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

On the other hand, it does have

BEES !!!

I got my tshirt and hoodie today too, ecstatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

stevenmu wrote: »
    On the other hand, it does have

BEES !!!
    Beads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Basq wrote: »
    Beads?

BEES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got the 8-bit troy and abed in the morning tee from the Teebusters fesTEEval sale, delira!!!

:D:D:D

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I got my tshirt and hoodie today too, ecstatic.

Got mine! Wearing it tonight,woo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Is anyone else optimistic about Community being renewed due to The Office and 30 Rock being in their final season, Animal Practice and Guys With Kids dead on arrival, and Up All Nights Season 2 ratings getting worse by the episode.
    Plus I think NBC would want to keep their longest running sitcoms - Community and Parks and Rec - around until something else has established itself...
    #sixseasonsandamovie

Let's see how the post-Harmon-era fares before hoping for renewal..

Hopefully. There are so many big shows coming to an end. I hope they use their energy to support Community rather than trying a raft of new shows and seeing which sink or swim.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I kinda think the office might get another season out of desperation

I kinda think the office might get another season out of desperation

I really doubt it - it's already been cancelled and the past 2 seasons have been pretty awful.

Well remember they're developing a Dwight spinoff for The Office, so expect NBC to hype that to hell and give it a prime timeslot. Also rumour has it that they're setting it up for Catherine Tate to go off with him as his wife... so... yeah... I give it 2 seasons max.

P&R is definitely NBC's anchor sitcom going forward, but Community definitely has hopes, if not for renewal then at least for a back nine. The majority of NBC's new sitcoms are tanking as anticipated.

Edit: I just remembered that Donald Glover has gotten his own show so take from that what you will. The man is a machine though, he may do both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    Well remember they're developing a Dwight spinoff for The Office, so expect NBC to hype that to hell and give it a prime timeslot. Also rumour has it that they're setting it up for Catherine Tate to go off with him as his wife... so... yeah... I give it 2 seasons max.

P&R is definitely NBC's anchor sitcom going forward, but Community definitely has hopes, if not for renewal then at least for a back nine. The majority of NBC's new sitcoms are tanking as anticipated.

Edit: I just remembered that Donald Glover has gotten his own show so take from that what you will. The man is a machine though, he may do both.

Well remember Harmon (and yes I'm aware he is no longer involved) said that at the end of 4 years, some but not all of them could graduate... I'd love to see Donald Glover do both, if both were still on the table, but as long as he's on TV in some way, shape or form, I'm happy...

The première of Community Season 4 is now delayed - the NBC statement below comes from this link; http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/community-whitney-premieres-delayed-by-nbc
    “Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks – including winning the first week of the season in A18-49 – we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold COMMUNITY and WHITNEY from their previously announced premieres of October 19th. Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week -- plus we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights. When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of WHITNEY and COMMUNITY. “

:mad:

That's cancellation. FML.

Fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's not actually a bad thing and definitely not cancelled - they are waiting for one/two of the new Wednesday comedies to fail completely so they can give Community and Whitney their timeslots.

But it sucks that the Halloween episode won't be on around Halloween.

• Advertisement

Not good news.. but not cancellation!

I'm thinking they might replace Animal Practice with Whitney and swap Up All Night with Community.

I like Up All Night but it doesn't go well with the other 3 Thursday night comedies.

There are a few ways to look at this.

Positives: This could mean a bump to a better timeslot when the crap gets cancelled.

Negatives: We have to wait even longer for new season.

Personally I'll be donning my felt goatee :(

Also this fits in eerily well with last week's 30 Rock. Jack Donaghy is putting all the good shows (and Whitney) on hiatus to tank the network!

Damnit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

phasers wrote: »
    Also this fits in eerily well with last week's 30 Rock. Jack Donaghy is putting all the good shows (and Whitney) on hiatus to tank the network!
    Does this mean we may be getting God Cop?

• Advertisement

Does this mean we may be getting God Cop?
    Or Joe Rogan as "Mandela"..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

The première of Community Season 4 is now delayed - the NBC statement below comes from this link; http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/community-whitney-premieres-delayed-by-nbc

:mad:

WHAT! I was waiting for that!

:(

I don't see why they can't just put it on without promotion. I mean, it's season 4 , it's already got fans.

I actually don't understand how the networks can pull shows at the last minute..

.. I mean they must have been promoting their return.

So people just tune in and hear "yeah, it's not on now... here, watch a re-run of this week's Revolution instead!" :confused:

That sort of stuff just wouldn't fly over here - or on British stations.

Basq wrote: »
    I actually don't understand how the networks can pull shows at the last minute..

.. I mean they must have been promoting their return.

So people just tune in and hear "yeah, it's not on now... here, watch a re-run of this week's Revolution instead!" :confused:

That sort of stuff just wouldn't fly over here - or on British stations.

It's Community - NBC have always ignored it. They do less than the bare minimum to promote it.

I think that they're just saying that instead of admitting that some of their new shows/old ones are huge failures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

To park Community in favour of Grimm reruns is moronic. I don't care what way they spin it.

So... Hallowe'en episode in February and Christmas episode in April. That makes perfect sense, NBC.

Mr E wrote: »
    To park Community in favour of Grimm reruns is moronic. I don't care what way they spin it.

So... Hallowe'en episode in February and Christmas episode in April. That makes perfect sense, NBC.

It does make perfect tbh, it's the kind of show that they can afford to move about as it's only getting fan ratings anyway and those fans will still tune in to the rescheduled airings

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

the people on the show have been plugging it though.

couldn't they tweet trend it! that can't cost money. Don't they have unpaid interns to exploit as 'social media assistants.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno, think we need to accept that Community is circling the drain; while this announcement isn't cancellation as such, it's the next best thing. It shows no faith from the studio, and that they're likely looking for the first chance to drop the show. :(

alroley wrote: »
    It's not actually a bad thing and definitely not cancelled - they are waiting for one/two of the new Wednesday comedies to fail completely so they can give Community and Whitney their timeslots.

But it sucks that the Halloween episode won't be on around Halloween.
    I can't recall any delayed shows that were aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Afraid to say it but this really do look like the end. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement