Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATES TO THE CHARTER

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think player/team abuse has made this forum as enjoyable as it has been for me. It was one of the few forums that everyone generally got on well with each other with little major incidents. I think the relaxed nature of the modding aided in the good atmosphere this forum has had down through the years. I think this rules will seriously take away from that. The fact people are pointing to the soccer and rugby forums as examples of these rules is quite depressing, both forums are fairly horrible and not much fun. I'm a firm believer in getting rid of the bad posters in a forum if you want a good forum, rather than making stricter rules.

Also I have to say I'm disappointed Neil that your attitude is basically "This is my forum, I'll do what I want and I basically don't give a **** what the users think".

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll chip in with a CMod perspective, taking into account a number of issues I see quite regularly in other sports forums:

1. Accusing players/clubs or indeed anyone else of cheating/breaking the rules (or indeed the law). This may well be considered defamation and leaves the accuser as well as Boards potentially open to legal action. The site does not permit unsubstantiated allegations against others. Reporting proven allegations is generally fine though. Rather than leaving any judgement issues over what may result in actual legal action, it's much better to simply prohibit such accusations which is what has happened here

2. Abuse of players/teams etc. Sports like American Football attract fans who usually have their own favourite teams/players etc. Abusing those teams or players can easily be considered trolling of the fans of that team/player. This position is adopted in a number of sports forums (including the Soccer and Rugby forums)

Neil3030 wrote: »
    An infraction was issued for that post.

There would be about 30 or 40 for that thread if rules here were applied.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Why then does the thread asking if Rodgers is a cheat and if the Browns were cheating both remain open?

Could you please clarify what in the Pats thread was more risqué?
    I have passed comment as a CMod. Until the past few days I've not noticed any major issues with this forum. However I cannot comment on specific threads or posts as I have not been following them. I have been following this thread though and think there are one or two posters who are very lucky not to have been sanctioned for some of the posts made

Have you reported any posts you feel contain unsubstantiated allegations of cheating?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

kryogen and Conor74, please do not post in this thread again

...and everyone else, no more discussion of the closure of the deflation thread. This is a feedback thread for specific charter changes, not a free-for-all. The mods are all on point with these changes.

So has anyone any other points about the new rules to discuss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Neil3030 wrote: »
    kryogen and Conor74, please do not post in this thread again

...and everyone else, no more discussion of the closure of the deflation thread. This is a feedback thread for specific charter changes, not a free-for-all. The mods are all on point with these changes.

So has anyone any other points about the new rules to discuss?

If the rules are in place and they're not going to be changed then why bother with a discussion?

If the rules are in place and they're not going to be changed then why bother with a discussion?

It's a feedback thread for people who want clarification on the new rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Can I call players on my own team busts?

I'm thinking of a first round safety who is a liability :mad:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Can I call players on my own team busts?

I'm thinking of a first round safety who is a liability :mad:

Yeah I reckon that's ok. In fact I don't think 'bust' is abusive for any player on any team, if you can back it up (if requested) and it's not simply done to troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cool and I can back it up with stats for leading the team in missed tackles

That won't happen in 2015 as he'll be benched! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement