Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATES TO THE CHARTER

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Think the best thing everyone can do is just step away from that deflategate tit-for-tat thread, draw a line under it and forget about the whole situation because it's the biggest load of bull over nothing.

Absolutely agree with every other point you made, but like it or not this is a huge story. The implications true or false, would be enormous for the Patriots and the NFL. People might be weary of it, but I ignore plenty of threads I have no interest in, I don't look to have the conversation shut down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bateman wrote: »
    So you don’t want to discuss facts now all of a sudden.

OK, we move on.

Lets discuss the fact that Brady is the best bad weather qb there has ever been, if this is news to you then it is pretty clear the extent of your knowledge/interest in the sport itself and what exactly it is your intentions are.

As if Brady playing well is poor weather is something new :D The mere fact that you think it is amuses me
    Brady is the best cold weather quarterback in the league.

His quarterback rating in the cold weather — meaning 40-20 degrees Fahrenheit — is 107.4. In warm weather, meaning 61-80 Fahrenheit? 68.9.

Think of some of Brady’s most iconic games. What do they have in common? Snow. Cold. Brady blowing on his hands to warm them up. Bill Belichick’s trademark hoodie covered up by a parka.
    Tom Brady has 46 games under his belt in cold weather with a 40-6 record. He's 29-5 at home and 11-1 on the road. He has a 10-2 postseason record inside those 46 games. He has thrown 85 touchdowns, 30 interceptions and he has been sacked 81 times. One of the most impressive facts is his 584 first downs, or an average of 13 per game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Putin wrote: »
    :confused: There are no facts in that troll article. Certainly is a fine work of fiction though.

1) Did you actually read any of it? And
    2) Do you understand what it says?

The Patriots went 31-29 ATS (52 percent) in dry-weather home games, but 10-5 ATS (67 percent) in wet-weather home games. Oddsmakers projected the Patriots would score an average of 28 points per game, whether the conditions were wet or dry. But the Patriots scored 35 ppg in wet weather vs. 31 ppg in dry weather. Their opponents scored 5 ppg fewer in wet weather home games.

Thus, their average win improved from 30.7-19.6 to 34.6-14.3. In other words, they went from winning games by 11 points to winning by over 20 points, despite being favored by 9 ppg in both scenarios.

and in the interest of clarity:

I always thought this was just “Bill Belichick and Tom Brady being smart and ahead of the game”.

This analysis does not prove or disprove anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I would wager that the thread wasn't closed because of the topic in question but rather because of people's conduct in the thread itself and the fact that arguments were going in circles and discussion was long gone out the window. Nothing was being achieved and I can't imagine it was nice to moderate. Add that to the fact that we had some heavy spam and trolling yesterday and I can see why the mods would just say "feck this" and close the thread.

Neil himself said it will be reopened when an official statement is made. I don't see what the problem here is :confused:

It's Super Bowl week for fecks sake, there's plenty to talk about until that statement is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Jesus even this thread is turning into tit for tat ****e.

Shame the deflategate thread has been shut now, as it's actually became a little more interesting than it had been with the advent of the Patriot's communicating their official stance on the matter and so not just days of people interpreting the interpretations of journalists.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    At some point you might want to take a little break from the internet you know, it may surprise you to learn that some people can't check boards all day and mods presumably have other things to do then be on hand every minute or every day to close the threads as you see fit

ps, when has passive aggressive bull**** ever been productive?

You might want to check up on the new rules there and amend your effort. Personal abuse, specifically commenting on the style and nature of others posts etc. are all banned now.

I won't respond in kind, others have speculated that issues for Pats fans seem to become issues for mods and I don't want to test that.

Well I've made my feelings known about the amendments to the charter. I still don't like the precedent closing the thread sets.
    Regarding this thread, could we not stick to the topic at hand? If you want to discuss the Patriots cold weather prowess could you start another thread?

You might want to check up on the new rules there and amend your effort. Personal abuse, specifically commenting on the style and nature of others posts etc. are all banned now.

I won't respond in kind, others have speculated that issues for Pats fans seem to become issues for mods and I don't want to test that.

Are you sure?

poldebruin wrote: »
    Well I've made my feelings known about the amendments to the charter. I still don't like the precedent closing the thread sets.
    Regarding this thread, could we not stick to the topic at hand? If you want to discuss the Patriots cold weather prowess could you start another thread?

I wholeheartedly agree, this was not the place at all for someone to bring up the Patriots, or Bradys (incredible) ability to get the job done in bad weather, but if someone feels the need to bring stuff up I feel entitled to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

I wholeheartedly agree, this was not the place at all for someone to bring up the Patriots, or Bradys (incredible) ability to get the job done in bad weather, but if someone feels the need to bring stuff up I feel entitled to respond.

if you two dont stop it I'm turning this car around :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

First and foremost thank you all for the feedback. I'll just give everyone my general thoughts to start off with - I started this forum for enjoyable discussion on the sport of american football. I did not start the forum so that people can have a medium for 'slamming' organisations and players that they dislike, or for sparking rows with fans who they don't like. Furthermore, I did not start the forum to favour fans of any particular team, or to offer them a place to gang up on anyone.

But over the years the board has descended into far too much of the latter, and not enough of the former. The new measures are to move us back to football related discussion. No other reason. Further, they are measures that have been employed in other fora, where similar issues have surfaced. The key concern is to avoid ad hominem, which I consider to be a gateway to bigger problems. So you call one team a name, next thing fans of that team take the hump, start getting defensive and snotty and next thing you've a row of several pages to clean up. Moderators are volunteers, and believe it or not, we have jobs and lives outside of settling arguments like this. So by restricting the personal abuse and ad hominem rules in the manner that I have, I am just trying to curb problems before they start and keep discussion on the sport of football.

There's no hidden agenda and no favouritism. They may be reviewed over time, but I want to give them a bedding in period of a few months to see how they get on. In the meantime, and there's no polite way I can say this - if you would rather engage in tribalist arguments, ad hominem or 'slam' people and organisations you don't like, I urge you to avail of a different website. The Internet is a very big place.

I'll now try and deal with a few concerns that were raised by some posters to try and clear up some ambiguity. If I don't respond specifically to your post it's because I felt I answered it elsewhere, but bring it up again if you are not satisfied:
    For example, the reference to personal abuse of organisations. That surely impersonal. Nor is there any criticism exemption, as exists for players. So we cannot, say, slam the Ravens or the NFL for the way they handled the Ray Rice matter? That seems excessive.

Just to be perfectly clear on this - criticising and disagreeing with previous proven actions of an organisation is not abuse. So of course you can criticise and even condemn how the Ravens (and indeed the NFL) handled the Rice issue, Peterson's actions, etc.

It's when you extend that to sly digs that it becomes an issue. "The patriots have cheated" is a very different statement to "the patriots are cheats".
    Personal abuse against players again seems excessive. So from now on, we can't say Meriweather or Suh are dirty players, that being a character attack, and we must say they are players who have repeatedly played dirty?

Over time I hope we'll find an equilibrium, but basically yes - you can highlight a players actions, but no name-calling. Depending on the context, statements like, 'he's a dirty player' may fly, but it will really depend on the tone and intent of the poster.
    Surely a rule involving personal abuse against other posters, along with rules about trolling, repetition and the like, should be enough?

You would think, but the evidence (number of reported posts and personal messages I get from users complaining) suggests otherwise. The problem is in extracting the intent. Some posters have become very nuanced and adept at using insults of organisations to really just troll other users. Now don't get me wrong, I don't like how users go overboard in retaliation, but again, they have become very good at staying on the post just enough to avoid sanction. So we needed a clearer framework, and that's why the previous rules weren't sufficient.
    So you can't accuse teams of cheating anymore or discuss teams that may be cheating? Seriously? That seems way over the top and a complete over reaction to the deflategate thread.

Well first off, it's not an over reaction to a particular issue, though deflate gate certainly provided a catalyst. The tone on the board has been a long standing concern and pain for the mods.

And as addressed above - you can discuss previous issues and proven misdemeanors without resorting to name calling. All we want to do is impose civility on all sides here.
    on further thinking, it genuinely feels like pandering to the biggest supporting base on this forum with this rule. As we all know it is to do with the Patriots.

It really isn't. These measures will prevent majority fanbases from being abusive, just as much as minority fanbases.
    Plenty of players have major character issues, sometimes worthy of attacking. On the minor side of the scale, Josh Gordon is a fool for running afoul of the league drug-testing policy. Adrian Peterson is guilty of whipping his 4 year old son with a branch. Johnny Manziel is immature and a waster (thus far).....all these are fair comment imo

The part I've bolded is pretty much the definition of ad hominem. It serves no function in debate other than to hype up people's emotions and for the time being will not be tolerated.
    Connor is also correct in saying that organisations can't be victims of a personal attack. There was plenty of vitriol being thrown around about the NFL and Roger Goodell recently. Much worse than what we have seen in recent days. Nothing was mentioned then and rightly so.

The NFL and Goodell should be protected from vitriol, but not from criticism, that's what we're trying to do here.
    Not having a go at Neil3030, but here is an example of a post that could not be allowed here...by Neil3030...

Wow, of all the quotes you could have picked, you've let me off pretty lightly! But you are absolutely right, I could have worded that less antagonistically. Actually this gives a nice opportunity to explain what I'm looking for in posts:

Yeah... guiding a fractious ego-maniacal Chelsea team to a European final and probable Champion's League spot, impeccably rotating his squad through a hellish schedule, all while the fans persistently berate him with vitriol. What a mountebank...

Could just as easily be worded as follows, and get the same message across without the name-calling:

Yeah... guiding a Chelsea team with a fractious dressing room and many extremely challenging personalities to a European final and probable Champion's League spot, impeccably rotating his squad through a hellish schedule, all while the fans persistently berate him with vitriol. What a mountebank...
    That seems over the top. If busier forums can manage it, why can't this one?

Other forums operate on the exact same rules. In fact, the rugby forum have extended the personal abuse to referees, though i don't think that will be as necessary here.
    It’s also highly amusing that people can’t state facts such as that the Patriots are a cheating organisation, when this is a proven fact.

If a certain organisation has cheated in the past, it does not mean that they are (currently) cheats, and therefore calling them a 'cheating organisation' serves no purpose but to troll. Why else would you bring it up?
    Do we effectively have a situation here where a little New England mafia (who in fairness, might all be high-volume contributors to the forum) have gone crying to the mods like babies and cause these totally unreasonable rules to be implemented? I’m asking a question here and not saying this is what has happened btw.

This is another great example, because you asked a legitimate question using the phrase "crying to the mods like babies" - this is the exact kind of behaviour we are trying to cut down on here - why not just say - "complained to the mods"?

And to address your question - absolutely not. Believe me, I would be LOATHE to give any team special treatment, especially a team that holds a majority of users. In my mind this will restrict and improve everyone's behaviour and cut out a lot of bickering from both sides of the ball.
    I have to admit I think these new rules are going a bit too far. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you don't like a franchise or a specific player.

Adding something about him like an unproven reason for not liking him is going too far though.

For example Big Ben is a good example. Saying you don't like the guy over the Lake Tahoe or the Capital City Nightclub incidents for me is fine, but coming out and saying that he is a rapist or anything like that would be very wrong imo.

You hit the nail squarely on the head, to be honest. And the new rules will encourage this practice, not restrict it.
    The problem with this reasoning is that much of what we love to discuss on a fans forum is speculation and what ifs.......if we restrict it to what can only be proven a lot of the fun and discussion goes away.

Speculate all you want, the new rules will not preclude this. All I want to do is extend ad hominem to cover organisations and fans. So speculate that a team may have cheated, but back up your opinion with evidence and avoid name calling. That keeps you the good guy. If someone then responds to you saying that you are just trying to stir sh*t, the new rules will now see them sanctioned for attacking your posting style. Is this not fair?
    I think there just needs to be infractions issued for comments whose only purpose is obviously to goad other posters as well as all the back-handed insults and petty crap.

I know that's terribly broad and is difficult to put into words in a charter but a sweep of infractions for those kind of comments would clean this forum up a lot faster imo as I think this updated charter is basically saying that nothing bad can be said about anyone or anything ever. Our version of the blasphemy law if you will

This is the whole problem we face as mods - trying to set clear rules for situations that can often be nuanced and subtle. I think I've made clear above that criticism grounded in evidence and logic are fine, while ad hominem is not.
    WTF? So what if you don't think it's fair, it's some people's belief (and not mine btw) that the Patriots consistently try to bend (and sometimes break) the rules in trying to win. It can kind of be likened to people's belief that United always got soft penos and decisions given to them because of Ferguson and because of who they are.

Back up your belief, avoid name calling, and everything should be ok.
    My problem with this forum over the past year is that the biggest collection by a mile is Patriot fans. And when some of them come to a consensus over some things, it is seen as baiting if you have the opposite view.

I want these rules to also protect minority fan bases. As I suggest above, if you present a supported argumemt that avoids abuse, and are if a majority fan base gangs up on you or your posting style, accuse your post as trolling or **** stirring, etc., they will be punishable under the extended rules.
    The ones screaming "is Aaron Rodgers a Cheat" or "Are the Browns Cheats" remain open. They seem far more provocative.

Again, good examples. In future these threads will not be tolerated, unless they relate to a specific situation - "did rodgers cheat by doing X", "did the Browns do Y"
    Basically what has happened here is that Patriots fans have decided they don't want the deflation thing discussed anymore and they have gotten their own way, with the thread being locked. That is breathtaking in terms of non-Patriots fans knowing their place on the forum.

This seems to me to be a lazy alternative to moderators actually moderating.

I have not received a single message or request from anyone that the thread be closed. And this "lazy alternative to moderators actually moderating" accusation is completely unfair. We are volunteers who give up our time to try and maintain order in the forum, it is not unreasonable that we try and make this job easier, where we can, while at the same time allowing the proper behaviour on the board - discussion of the sport.

And as it happens, the deflate gate thread may be opened again with these new rules in force, allowing a much clearer framework for more civilised debate on the issue. So watch this space.
    Ah will you stop. What does some some speculative troll article justify? Ya, you guessed right , apart from s**t stirring, absolutely nothing.

FYI to people who think these new rules only favour the majority fan base - the new rules specify that this will get a warning under the comment about the article being used to sh*t stir. And to the poster in question, your options are to (1) report the post, (2) dispute the content of the article or (3) ignore it.
    Anyway, haven't you missed the point? Because I don't think this thread was set up to discuss that petty little issue. This thread was only set up to discuss the charter

Commenting on the post being petty. Again, the new rules will cover this.

UPDATE: OK, a lot of posts since I started writing this so lets' just keep this thread as a feedback thread on the new rules. I will try to respond to further posts later on tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Any chance we can have a special Patriots forum separate from the NFL forum and then have the old rules for the NFL forum? Rules are disappointing tbh and really will take away the enjoyment and good spirit of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

ya when you put it that way i think its fair enough to be honest and it should keep the forum more cordial. I do have two questions on the matter.

1. how will ye define the attacking an organisation/player rule. i for example dislike how the seahawk players carry themselves it is something that i will mention from time to time in context without giving examples on every occasion would this be an issue?

2.also staying on the seahawks i feel for example sherman gets away with absolute murder when it comes to holding the reciever (and i think its pretty common knowledge to be fair) if it state this will i have to back it up with pictures every time?

Thanks for responding Neil. The new rules will possibly make for more civil discourse. Hopefully we can all also apply some common sense, see humour where intended, give benefit of the doubt etc.

I still don't like the closing of valid threads though....

Any chance we can have a special Patriots forum separate from the NFL forum and then have the old rules for the NFL forum? Rules are disappointing tbh and really will take away the enjoyment and good spirit of the forum.

I don't see any need for that, the update to the charter isn't that bad tbh, just use common sense and don't be a dick, if people can't manage that then you probably won't miss their contributions.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Actually this gives a nice opportunity to explain what I'm looking for in posts:

Yeah... guiding a fractious ego-maniacal Chelsea team to a European final and probable Champion's League spot, impeccably rotating his squad through a hellish schedule, all while the fans persistently berate him with vitriol. What a mountebank...

Could just as easily be worded as follows, and get the same message across without the name-calling:

Yeah... guiding a Chelsea team with a fractious dressing room and many extremely challenging personalities to a European final and probable Champion's League spot, impeccably rotating his squad through a hellish schedule, all while the fans persistently berate him with vitriol. What a mountebank...

So I cannot say the Pats are cheats. That would insult the organisation.

But I can say the Pats have a dodgy locker room and many extremely challenging personalities that may push the boundaries of what is allowed, and all the while the fans persistently defend them?

Before Pats fans rush in, I am not asserting the truth of the paragraph above, merely getting clarification as to what is permitted.

The distinction seems rather fine.

Its pretty black and white actually unless you are being obtuse.

If you back up the statement where is the issue?

To use your example, if you were to strut in and say, The Pats have a dodgy locker room etc and don't give any reasoning as to why you feel the need to state this or back it up with some form of evidence then I would imagine you will be in trouble under the new rules, but tbh you would be in trouble under the old ones too as its basically baiting/flaming/low level trolling

If you were to say the Pats have a dodgy locker room etc and you can see this because of x incident with x amount of players/staff and the other incident involving x and x then you are backing up your statement, no issue should arise from that, as long as your post in on topic.

Its pretty black and white actually unless you are being obtuse.

If you back up the statement where is the issue?

To use your example, if you were to strut in and say, The Pats have a dodgy locker room etc and don't give any reasoning as to why you feel the need to state this or back it up with some form of evidence then I would imagine you will be in trouble under the new rules, but tbh you would be in trouble under the old ones too as its basically baiting/flaming/low level trolling

If you were to say the Pats have a dodgy locker room etc and you can see this because of x incident with x amount of players/staff and the other incident involving x and x then you are backing up your statement, no issue should arise from that, as long as your post in on topic.

Well that's clearly wrong anyway.

Because in the example that the mod gave, there was no explanation. He just described the Chelsea dressing room with no reasoning and no evidence.

So clearly that is not the position.

And again, there is no need for the comment reference to a poster being obtuse. The rules also apply to you and you can start observing them. You could have made your point without the commentary on the motivation of a poster.

I don't think you are a mod are you?

Any chance you could just start reporting my posts instead of continually trying to get personal?

I called nobody obtuse so you are wrong there also, I have no interest in the example the mod gave, in a different forum, under a slightly different set of rule. Read Neil's post again where for further clarification on what will be acceptable here, in this forum.

Kryogen explained it perfectly. Just to add - at the time i posted that comment about chelsea it had been well documented that the previous manager (avb) had been completely undermined by the players, culminating ultimately in his dismissal. If similar reports emerge about the patriots then you could comment likewise on their locker room situation

And yes, the obtuse comment would be prohibited under the new rules, and the ensuing back seat moderation was covered under the old rules. So stop that both of you!

• Advertisement

A fair bit of effort has gone into explaining the motivations here, and thanks for that, but I honestly believe that more effort should be put into evaluating people who report posts and/or PM a mod (that is seemingly what has happened here).

What has happened here is that Patriot fans do not like criticism of the organisation - fair or unfair. They've decided to "draw a line in the sand" that will make it harder for people to criticise that organisation, or any other organisation all the way up to the NFL itself.

When I criticised Goodell heavily a while back, and backed it up with examples, I had to listen to stuff about how "succesful" the NFL is. As if the argument goes that the person making a negative argument about something is to be held to a totally different standard than the person making a positive argument, which may or may not have any basis in reality. I have never in my life reported a post and I find it strange that grown adults (assuming most on here are) would do so. It reminds you of the old saying that the truth hurts...

To add - I have no intention of trolling anyone or winding anyone up, I am too long in the tooth for that. I will needless to say try to stay on the right side of what has been [partially] explained.

Bateman wrote: »
    What has happened here is that Patriot fans do not like criticism of the organisation - fair or unfair. They've decided to "draw a line in the sand" that will make it harder for people to criticise that organisation, or any other organisation all the way up to the NFL itself.

This is simply not true. I don't know where this is coming from as I have never been slightly biased for or against any team. Posters cannot abuse the patriots any more, much like they can't abuse the other 31 teams.

When I criticised Goodell heavily a while back, and backed it up with examples, I had to listen to stuff about how "succesful" the NFL is. As if the argument goes that the person making a negative argument about something is to be held to a totally different standard than the person making a positive argument, which may or may not have any basis in reality. I have never in my life reported a post and I find it strange that grown adults (assuming most on here are) would do so. It reminds you of the old saying that the truth hurts...

It sounds like, at worst, people were offering a straw man argument against your criticism of Goodell, which may be poor arguing logic but it's not banned and it it's not abusive.

Now, had people attacked you or your intentions when defending Goodell, that's where the rules have been breached.

So what remains partially explained?

I know i have other posts to respond to but im on a train here on my phone. Ill be on my comp later and ill get to it.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Other forums operate on the exact same rules. In fact, the rugby forum have extended the personal abuse to referees, though i don't think that will be as necessary here.

I can't find the "organisation rule" in the rugby forum.

And I know the soccer forum is very different.

So we can see the rules in operation, could you identify a forum with the exact same rules? Thanks

Right guys, enough about the deflategate thread. The thread will be re-opened once we have had a good chinwag about the new rules, which will hopefully serve to keep the ensuing discussion civil.

This thread will from this point on be for discussion and clarification of the new rules - NOT A PLACE FOR TAKING CHEAP SHOTS AT EACH OTHER

Eh.. Is there even a forum for new forum requests anymore? If there is, maybe try there!
    nerd69 wrote: »
    ya when you put it that way i think its fair enough to be honest and it should keep the forum more cordial. I do have two questions on the matter.

1. how will ye define the attacking an organisation/player rule. i for example dislike how the seahawk players carry themselves it is something that i will mention from time to time in context without giving examples on every occasion would this be an issue?

2.also staying on the seahawks i feel for example sherman gets away with absolute murder when it comes to holding the reciever (and i think its pretty common knowledge to be fair) if it state this will i have to back it up with pictures every time?

1. Common sense will be applied. You can of course say that you dislike a player, if the topic affords it, or dislike certain aspects of their behaviour, once you're stating an honestly held preference. I don't even think you need to back it up - if you don't like someone, you don't like them and that's fine. However 2 things on this, 1. I say ' preference' here; you won't get away with abuse if you simply preface it with "in my opinion...." and 2. Context will also be applied - if it's seen to just be a means to wind people up (like if you wade into the Seahawks thread every morning for a 9AM update on how much you dislike Pete Carroll), it'll be considered trolling.

2. Again, this will only breach the rules if you use ad hominem or abuse. Suggesting Sherman gets away with a lot of niggle at the line of scrimmage is fine, but going beyond that to suggest that there's a conspiracy with the officials or that he's a cheating b*stard, or something to that effect, is not.
    Thanks for responding Neil. The new rules will possibly make for more civil discourse. Hopefully we can all also apply some common sense, see humour where intended, give benefit of the doubt etc.

Common sense will be applied, don't worry.

Just to add a more general point - I amn't going to be roaming the streets with a ban hammer here - this will just give mods a framework to stop problems before they start. And in many cases a warning in the thread suffices.

I can't find the "organisation rule" in the rugby forum.

And I know the soccer forum is very different.

So we can see the rules in operation, could you identify a forum with the exact same rules? Thanks

If the rugby charter doesn't express it specifically, it is certainly policed under the clauses in the charter for bickering and bitchiness. Posters are not allowed make abusive remarks about teams or their fans. We just want to set this in stone, so people know exactly where they stand.

Out of interest, what do you feel these new rules preclude you from doing that you would like to otherwise do?

Soccer forum is the same, you cannot call Benitez the Fat Spanish Waiter, cant call Chelsea Chelski etc

Soccer forum is the same, you cannot call Benitez the Fat Spanish Waiter, cant call Chelsea Chelski etc

Bet I could find 10 post in the past hour saying Diego Costa is a cheat, a scumbag and so on.

Bet I could find posts about an organisation like FIFA being full of corrupt scumbags and other terms of abuse and contempt.

I can even find a thread where the topic title refers to some fans as "full kit ****"!

Edit - here is a post in the soccer forum tonight. Suspect it won't raise an eyebrow.
    RainMaker wrote: »
    Pure scum

Scumbag owner, scumbag manager, scumbag players, scumbag fans, won't even mention the other bile filled scum fans :P

Good night, good luck

• Advertisement

Bet I could find 10 post in the past hour saying Diego Costa is a cheat, a scumbag and so on.

Bet I could find posts about an organisation like FIFA being full of corrupt scumbags and other terms of abuse and contempt.

I can even find a thread where the topic title refers to some fans as "full kit ****"!

Edit - here is a post in the soccer forum tonight. Suspect it won't raise an eyebrow.

An infraction was issued for that post.

Advertisement