Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi Fi Disappears every night around eight!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

worded wrote: »
    Just having a laugh.

It's probably not badger related

Oh look over there ..... A squirrel

riiiiiiight.
    hilarious.

not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Having same issues with efibre ,the signal drops twice a day around 2pm and then again 11pm. Power on and off which works but is a pain.
    Eircom not much help they just keep sending out new router which works for a couple of days then same problem as above .
    Have had engineer out to check line but that seems ok.
    I have carried all tests recommended in this thread but still no luck with fixing the problem. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

riiiiiiight.
    hilarious.

not.

No! you are not hilarious

>>>>>> Are <<<<<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

harr wrote: »
    Having same issues with efibre ,the signal drops twice a day around 2pm and then again 11pm. Power on and off which works but is a pain.
    Eircom not much help they just keep sending out new router which works for a couple of days then same problem as above .
    Have had engineer out to check line but that seems ok.
    I have carried all tests recommended in this thread but still no luck with fixing the problem. :mad:

Sounds similar to my issue but times of disconnecting are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Had the same issue as this. it would turn off daily for a few weeks at about 8pm. Then the times began getting a bit more irregular. One day over Christmas it went a couple of times and after plugging it out and plugging it back in (the usual fix) the last time it didn't solve the issue. Left it almost a day and no joy. The power light just flashed on the router. Rang Eircom who were no help.
    Had an old router here so tried that and it worked. No trouble since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you power on off the house?

Did you ask the ESB power on/off the towns grid to see if
    That fixes it?

Also use badger repellant spray around the perimeter of the house.
    Their fur has a lot of static and can cause wifi probs particularly at frequencies 1-6

Any keep is all posted

Worded please desist from such idiotic posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Just having a laugh.
    Me too - one weeks ban for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

joeaverage wrote: »
    Good to hear its not just me. IP conflict mentioned in previous post might be something. I have had a few IP conflict warnings, which I ignored cos I didn't know how to fix the conflict. Lately I'm loosing wifi and wired Internet connection,maybe twice a day. I have ordered a kick ass router that I hope will solve the problem. Another guy I spoke to said the line might not be able for the current speed setting and the modem keeps screwing up, a problem which apparently also can effect wifi, even though it sounds strange.

i had this problem for about 6 weeks last year, and now it has reared its ugly head again. i replaced internal cabling with cat5, and made good all connections on the cable from the house to the box outside.
    have contacted eircom who agree the problem probably lies with the router, but decline to nominate a replacement i might buy. id really appreciate it if you could let me know if your purchase solved the problem, and if so make/model? im thinking a dual band router might be the answer
    many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

I had the same issue and used an old router. It was fine. Have since got a new router from Eircom and it too is fine. No issues at all.

Advertisement