Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night in, what to do?

Options
  • 24-10-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭

Hey girls, this is a tough one, my OH had a really hard day already, he is finished work at 10pm and i want to plan something nice for him when he gets home, what could i do?? I want to cheer him up, and make his happy place (our home) even happier!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

what I would do is this:

Have dinner made for him and you, with his favourite beer cold and all in the fridge. 3 course dinner. Then while he is finishing his dessert, run him a real hot bath, with all his toiletries and stuff all laid out for him on a towel and all (very professional) Then after he is finished his bath you could give him a nice massage, then you guys can finish your drinks in bed and watch tv for the night!!

See maybe thats not his thing at all, but thats what I would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I might do the bath thing and massage, cos 10pm will be too late for him to eat a full dinner :( Sounds great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Run out and get one of them micro radio control helicopters-you can pick them up in Debenhams for like 28 euros. They're fun!:)

Orrr....maybe you posted for a female perspective, so maybe that's not much help.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

yeah 10 too late i suppose. Well hope it goes well for ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

Could order a pizza when he's on the way and have it with some beer,little things always make the difference! you could do the hawt underwear and treat him a bit upstairs too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bath? Toiletries? Pizza and beer all the way. One of those helicopters would be great too, but if you can't get one at short notice I'm sure he'd settle for a BJ. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

Bath? Toiletries? Pizza and beer all the way. One of those helicopters would be great too, but if you can't get one at short notice I'm sure he'd settle for a BJ. ;)

banana juice?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ChickCool wrote: »
    banana juice?

Good guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Beer and food i think would make any man happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Redpunto wrote: »
    Beer and food i think would make any man happy?

And banana juice obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Maybe i'm thinking too much like a woman, however, clean sheets on the bed always make me happier. And pyjamas warmed up on the radiator.

/tries to think like a man: banana juice.

/resists (and fails) thinking like a woman: big hug when he comes home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

:D thanks guys, i have new sheets on the bed, the rads on so its nice and warm ... low lighting all over the house, (he doesnt drink so no beer)
    And i'm sure il find banana juice out of somewhere :D oh and heaps of hugs
    Happy long weekend everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

make sure to give him a kiss...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

ya can never plan these things really, but

dont rush the man, let him sit down for a bit fist.., with a big hug and a few cuddles maybe, without a load of questions... "do you want pizza etc"... for about 10 mins.. . then kick off with the questions...

Helicopter would be great but .. could raise a few eyebrows.. an unexpected gift...

along the lines of

she has something big to tell me ?????

She has someting big to tell me... she must be pregnant... nah.. nah... she's bought a really crazy expensive handbag... Arrgh.. shes, bought a really expensive handbag with my credit card.. AAARAGA.. cos she remember the number, AAAARRAAAGh.. shes bought a really expensive handbag and a helicopter on my credit card, because she is pregnant, ..... still its a cool helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

The age old wisdom is usually applicable in these circumstances:

Come naked*. Bring beer.

As a personal touch I would add pizza/favourite dish/takeaway.

(3 course meal?? at 22.00? Yez serious??)

The helicopter I might try some time. Likes it!

*Optional

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'd grab him around the waist the second he comes through the door and push him onto the nearest couch for a big cuddle, little butterfly kisses etc, telling him how glad you are to see him and how much you missed him during the day. Maybe this wouldn't be suitable for him at all, I dunno, I'm an affectionate person!! I wish my OH lived with me so I could do it :(

Advertisement