Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rectify [Sundance - US] *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brutal, in the best possible way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'm not that emotional a sort of fella, but I've chuckled at the strong urge I've had this season to crawl inside the TV, to give Daniel & Teddy a big bear hug.

It's been a superb show from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

That music there during the scene with Ted and Ted Jr was ridiculous. Ruined what could've been a good moment.
    Rest of the episode was great, I'm a bit dubious as to whether this show should even have a satisfactory ending though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Hope you're all prepared for the grand RECTIFY finale tonight.
    The "goodbye" clips from various actors and staff on FB almost had me in tears....***sniff***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've no way of watching it tonight so I'm gonna watch it tomorrow in Kodi. I have a feeling there will be tears.

Favourite show ever.

I've no way of watching it tonight so I'm gonna watch it tomorrow in Kodi. I have a feeling there will be tears.

Favourite show ever.

Couldn't wait.

Went to bed and woke up thinking about the show about 2hours later. Perfect finale. Without a doubt it's the best TV show I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

What a finale. Hard to not get emotional.

One of the greatest television shows ever created. Hopefully in time more people see it, like The Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Good to see monkey bread making a come back in the final episode

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone feel like making monkey bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

just done, really enjoyed the series.very different from anything else out there. I hope more people get to see it, I will certainly be recommending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Just beautiful....feel we're all kinda blessed that we caught and got into it right from the start.
    There are a lot of people yet to enjoy this work of art.

Farewell Rectify! *heart*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Binged on the final season of the show this weekend. Just finished there and am an emotional mess. The end was heartbreaking and beautiful.

Binged on the final season of the show this weekend. Just finished there and am an emotional mess. The end was heartbreaking and beautiful.

Amazing isn't it. I've never been as emotional about a TV show in my life and I'm glad it's not just me (as I thought I may have been going mad)

It's groundbreaking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Finally finished this up over the weekend. Like others, I almost feel privileged to be among a 'select few' who have followed the show from the start. My hopes for this season were high given the masterful three seasons preceding it, plus the likelihood of resolving the 'did he do it?' question.

It's a testament to the quality of seasons 1 - 3 that I endured the eight episodes of nearly unending dullness that made up season 4. Now, don't get me wrong, I know Rectify is best described as 'deliberately paced' (and, until now, has been all the better for it), but this season swapped 'slow' for 'horrendously BORING'. In particular, anytime Daniel's mother appeared on screen had me reaching for my phone as we were doubtless in for a few tedious minutes! I did (mostly) like how they handled the guilt question - leaving it open ended was a great option I think (unlike, say, Breaking Bad which wrapped things up far too neatly for my liking) - although casting guilt upon characters we (as viewers) haven't seen in ages (what - over a year? More?) will doubtless cause some confusion.

Personally, I think they'd have been better condensing this season to one or two episodes and shoehorning it onto the end of season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Finished season 4 at the weekend. Really enjoyed it, my favourite character at the end was probably Teddy.
    A great show, felt like watching a John Irving novel come to life. There was a great humanity to the whole thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It looks like Virgin Media More is showing this now if anyone missed out and are Virgin Media customers

Good bump:-) Rectify is one of the best shows that no-one has ever watched or heard about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭peter4918

I watched it and loved it. They definitely could have got another season or two out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭dermo2014

For anyone who didn't see it, not sure where it was shown the first time around.

On tonight on VM3 at 9pm, 2 episodes each week, 6 episodes per season.

I think it's E1 and E2 tonight, like RTE ... VM doesn't show the episode info on it's tv guide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The excellent underrated Rectify starts tonight at 9pm on VM3

Advertisement