Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven [SyFy - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've been looking forward to this - it's got all the makings of a great tv show...
    Based on a novella by Stephen King, it's on SyFy which already means bonus points, and it's got Eric Balfour (24, Buffy The Vampire Slayer) in it...
    Having said that, I've got a sickening feeling that I'm gonna be grossly disappointed when I watch it tomorrow...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Dunno if i'll watch...might read user opinions first.

Dunno if i'll watch...might read user opinions first.

Good chance if no one else like it though, that you will... ;)

Good chance if no one else like it though, that you will... ;)

Quite possible, i do like "underdog" shows.

Quite possible, i do like "crap" shows.

FYP :D

• Advertisement

^ hush, or i'll strap you down and make you watch all of season 6 of The Hills!

:eek:
    I'll be quiet so...

It's getting average reviews but the one thing that most reviews agree is that it has a lot of promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ah thats Elena from Uncharted games. Might give it a go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

I watched the pilot and had mixed feelings about it. It looks like it has potential to have a good background story (what happened to her mother, whats her boss doing etc.) but the pilot itself was average at best.
    It very much came across as a show thats not sure what its trying to be, and I thought the dialogue was a bit wooden/forced.
    Anyway, saying all that I'll watch a couple more episodes, maybe it'll settle down and find its feet.

• Advertisement

I really liked it... In no way the greatest pilot I've ever seen, but enjoyable and watchable... I like the characters and I really wanna know more about the primary story arc...
    I felt it had a real Supernatural vibe about it - would've been great if Jensen Ackles or Jared Padalecki had shown up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it. As CaptainNegative said it may not be the greatest thing ever to grace our screens but its certainly enjoyable and I'll be watching it next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Yer ones voice started to grate on me after a while. I dont think I'll be following this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many episodes are ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How many episodes are ordered?
    NEW YORK - November 30, 2009 - Syfy has ordered 13 episodes of the supernatural drama series Haven, based on the novella "The Colorado Kid," from renowned author Stephen King. Haven from E1 Entertainment will be the first property to be produced for Syfy Pay channels around the globe (excluding Canada and Scandinavia). The announcement was made today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President, Original Content for Syfy and Co-Head, Original Content for Universal Cable productions, and E1 Entertainment's John Morayniss, CEO of E1's Television Group. Production is expected to begin in early 2010, for an anticipated air in 2010. International distribution is handled by E1 Entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The first episode was alright. Will tune in the for the next one, as I think the show has potential to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Like other said the show has potential but so far any humour in it has been terrible. Still I would rate it as one of the best new recent show so far. They should take a leaf out of Supernatural which always made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i liked it, will fit in perfectly with eureka and warehouse 13, syfy have been building up a nice off-season schedual the last 3 or 4 years, not excellent shows by any means, but just shows that will keep you interested,

ill deffinately be tuning in next week,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I didn't really like it. The acting was awful, cringeworthy. I might follow it for a few episodes to see if it improves, but I won't hold my breath.

Nicole De Boer...all grown up!

• Advertisement

Nicole De Boer...all grown up!
    yeah think she was grown up long ago, seeing as shes 39, canadians seem to age fairly gracefully, ill have to pay a visit and find out there secret,

would like to see more of her, does anyone know if shell be a recuring caracter or what, IMDB only has her for the pilot

^ i hadn't seen her since her DS9 days.

^ i hadn't seen her since her DS9 days.
    she poped up here and there, i last saw her on stargate atlantis, but she was one of the leads in another show "dead zone" never heard of it, ran for 6 seasons, and it was also a steven king show, she must have a thing for steven king scripts,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Thought the acting and dialogue was pretty stiff/forced, story has some potential, Il give it another episode or two to see if it improves.

Emily Rose - sounds like a character out of a Steven King novel.

Emily Rose - sounds like a character out of a Steven King novel.
    thats seem right seein as it based on a stephen king book, instead of being a caracter, her name got her the role, they should have named the caracter emily rose for the laugh:D

i dunno i never seem to have much hassle seeing past mediocre acting, i always like the story more that the people tellin the story, and some times the acting makes the story better, its really here and there, i just seem to cope with it either way,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Second episode wasn't bad, may as well keep watching it since there ain't much more on atm.

I thought it was a bit better then the pilot, just a bit....very slow arc progression....but we know there are weird things happening in Haven, and happened before. Male cop dude is clearly involved, maybe he's dead?....he can't feel pain.

I got a "The Prisoner" flashback with that metal ball rolling down the street, half expecting it to bounce! :-)

It's a slow burner, i'm not sold on it tbh...but i'll give it another ep. or two.

Enjoyed that second episode - reminds me abit of the first season or two of Smallville, but better...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

just watched the first two episodes. it's good for off-season viewing. not the greatest tv show but definitely watchable. i'm getting the feeling of "weird thing of the week" though but it's something to watch during the summer anyways :)

i recognised emily rose from brothers & sisters as well. took me a while though :D

Advertisement