Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭smilerf

You're not alone... I personally think its a mess..
    ok the witch part is ok but the story with the guy who they put back together is lame and going nowhere..
    Stellar cast but it feels as if it was rushed out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Yeah I like it but it's kind of lacking direction, one week it was a war between the white witches and the voodoo queens, the next they're best friends. The sub stories in each episode are at least interesting enough to keep watching but it's a bit of a mess alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,290 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought it was strange this week how everyone suddenly has more advanced powers. Like how Madison can easily bring people back to life.

Think Nan would've preferred the Jessica Lange from season 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I am on the fence at the moment, as things stand it will be my least favourite season, but I will wait until its over to decide. It is a bit muddled, as has been mentioned, so far the storyline of the lad that got put back together is a total bust, nothing happening or interesting there, few storylines that just feel like filler in fact throughout this season.

The cast is excellent though, never have a reason to complain there, plus how good does Angela Bassett look for her age, and in fairness Jessica Lange too! Bassett was a quality addition this series, I think it improved in the middle but the last episode kinda went nowhere again, hoping they find a way to pull it together before the end of the series. WTF was with the Stevie Nicks cameo actually? Felt like filler too

I will keep watching obviously because despite the possible nit picking I am doing with the show itself, it is as always incredibly fun which I guess is the main thing

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought it was strange this week how everyone suddenly has more advanced powers. Like how Madison can easily bring people back to life.

Think Nan would've preferred the Jessica Lange from season 1.

I think they have stronger powers because they did that ritual to invoke the next supreme to show herself, the episode when they were wearing the red robes. I was a bit thrown myself when i was watching it first!
    Imagine Constance as supreme of a coven, she'd be baking magic cupcakes to unleash at people she dislikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭missierex

Did nobody else cringe when the Swamp Witch was introduced as 'Misty Day'? FFS. Amost as bad as Gail Hailstorm in Scary Movie!

Apart from that, I do enjoy the series, though at times it's all over the place and a tad cheesey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I never really warmed to this show like other people have. I love the idea of a one season story. A well written, self contained season is something that should work great; but even though its only 12/13 episodes, there still seems to be a ton of filler in every season.

I found seasons 1 and 2 to be much the same as this season; stretched out and filler storylines that just don't go anywhere. I might try to watch the end of this season, just for the sake of finishing it off, but I know I won't be back for season 4.

In fairness to it though, the cinematography has been amazing in all 3 seasons. It does have that going for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

I agree, its very stylish and I like picking up the nods and references to old horrors but in general each season has been a few episodes too long. Thought Season 2 especially started very well but then went all over the place, same is happening now with this one. A tighter 6-8 ep season would be much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭smilerf

This season is utterly ridiculous. Season 2 was a masterpiece compared to this tripe switching off now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Yea its very sloppy this season.

Nasty way for sax/axe man to go.

• Advertisement

I'd say Fiona's lack of soul is going to play a part in her still being alive.

Thought we may have seen Nan dishing out the punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

season 3 is very creative :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I loved the season finale. Awesome opening song and sequence with Stevie Nicks and that epic Fleetwood Mac song, wonderfully setting up the trials of the seven wonders. I felt sorry for the not-so-lucky witches and their ultimate fates (but obviously not Madison's), and Fiona, even after all the awful things she did (especially to Nan), I still felt for her at the end. But it was a good send-off. Bring on season four. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Absolutely awful. The worst season by far!

What a jumbled mess. And as for the plotholes!
    Nan has the power of telekinesis and yet it's no bother for her to drowned in the bath!!! She couldn't have just sent them flying???

I'll always recommend season 2 to people, season 1 at a push but never season 3, EVER! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Really poor season overall for me, it had all the right ingredients to be the best season yet but it was the storylines that left it down. I will watch next year and if it is not any better then I will be skipping subsequent seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yup, Series 3 was a big letdown - did not enjoy it at all.

Here's The Name Game from S2 to help me get over it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The constant deaths and bringing back characters to life was a bit annoying. Also as mentioned above the deaths in spite of their powers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

The season itself was a bit all over the place alright and never really felt like it hit its groove. I'd agree with the people above on the constant dying & being brought back to life situation as that was a bit ridiculous since it negated the impact of any death when you were just waiting for them to be brought back. As for the ending, personally I'd have liked it to be slightly darker where Fiona would have stabbed Cordelia while they were hugging so she could regain her powers and lead the coven again. That would have redeemed it a bit more in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Decent first half but the second part of the season had no real hook, I didn't care who'd lead the coven(which in the end was lazy and predictable).

• Advertisement

From the look of it, Zoe impaled herself on purpose because she was looking up before teleporting. And when brought back why didn't she get to continue the trials since she didn't technically fail?

Also in this day and age when you become famous for anything, what are the odds that a newly revelaed coven of witches could go and burn another witch without being seen by hundred of photographers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Yup, Series 3 was a big letdown - did not enjoy it at all.

Here's The Name Game from S2 to help me get over it:

That just reminded me of how wasted Evan Peters was this season. He was great in season 1&2. Trainwreck of a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://tvline.com/2014/03/17/american-horror-story-carnival-season-4-spoilers-circus/

Looks like season 4 will be set in a circus in 1950s - American Horror Story Carnivale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I presume they're going to centre it around a freak show aspect of the circus. If so, that's a positive omen as it'll no doubt have shades of Asylum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

The makeup department will be amazing as always for the next season. Really can't wait to see what they come up with in terms of circus/carnival "freaks" because you just know AHS is gonna pull out all the stops to make you feel as uncomfortable as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Not sure if I will pick this up again next season, I had to push myself to watch it this season, it's certainly an interesting premise but I was really excited for coven and tbh I feel like they made a haims of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Oh I'll be in the front of the queue despite the abysmal series 3

So the official name for season 4 is American Horror Story: Freak Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So the official name for season 4 is American Horror Story: Freak Show

Can already tell it's gonna be disturbingly creepy.

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I can just imagine the amount of gore already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Well it cant be any worse than series 3.Really disappointing.They have a chance to make this show brilliant once again,i hope they dont make a haims of it.

• Advertisement

Michael Chiklis has joined and
    will play the former husband of Kathy Bates character and father of Evan Peters character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

j5ldXh1.jpg
    ZLGDBbc.jpg
    b6GWSQj.jpg

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michael Chiklis has joined and
    will play the former husband of Kathy Bates character and father of Evan Peters character

Vic Mackey!!!! I really miss The Shield :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I loved him in the Commish

sarah-paulson-freak-show1.png?w=490&h=361

Sarah Paulson will be playing conjoined twins Bette and Dot

• Advertisement

The open wide one is very Pennywise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭conorhal

Arrrrrgh... How does this show keep sucking me back in? I swore I was done with it after the hidious stupidity that was Coven, but those trailers look so damn good.
    For me, the show reached a high point with Asylum but even that was crammed with too many competing story lines (Mad doctors, possession, serial killers, evil nuns, One flew over the Cooko's nest social injustice, Nazi experiments) and then threw the kitchen sink of alien abduction in on top of the pile just for a laugh, so here's hoping that Ryan Murphy has learned a little restraint (though I doubt it) and delivers a corker of a season.
    I've always felt that if they dropped 2 story lines and 2 episodes this would be a brilliant show rather then a frustratingly inconsistant one saved by a great cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Love this show even though Coven was a disaster, I bailed about halfway through that season. 1 and 2 were brilliant I though, 4 is shaping up well.

Advertisement