Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Really enjoyed that last ep, The Evil Dead homage was particularly cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

so far didn't notice Alexandra Breckenridge, what her character in this season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

mafaa wrote: »
    so far didn't notice Alexandra Breckenridge, what her character in this season ?

She was just in episode 4, as Kaylee the flame-haired (
    and short-lived
    ) mistress of Hank (husband of Cordelia/Sarah Paulson).

Had no idea Danny Huston was gonna be in this season, once I heard the voice over at the start, have to say I was a little giddy. Think he is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I am actually really enjoying this season.Emma Roberts was better than i thought and having Angela Bassett in it is brilliant.

• Advertisement

very excited .... evil witch vs evil axeman ... hahaha

but how came the spell was ineffective to contain the axeman, he was freed to walk out of the house ?

so disappointed no evil witch vs evil axeman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

so Hank had more screen time in episode 4 than in the first 3 episodes together but what the heck is his "game"?
    When his ladyfriend and he were doing the deed he looked possessed almost demonic and when she asked what he dressed up as last year he said: "A monster."
    am i missing something, was it anything to do with the spell Voodoo Witch Queen was casting (or was that just a reanimation thing)?

am loving this series apart from the Kylenstein thread. Superior by a mile to True Blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

One of my favourite shows, its just bonkers. I`m am both laughing and grimacing in equal measures this season.

The subject matter this season could be so generic but they manage to put their own spin on it with great humour and some very very dark moments.

I`m along for the ride every episode and trust the writers to entertain and surprise me and they rarely disappoint.

Bonkers is the one word that sums up this show.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Looks like I'm the only one not enjoying this season, just seems to be a bit all over the place and lacking a direction. Have to say the ensemble does just seem to get better and better, wonderfully happy to have Taissa Farmiga and Addie back, missing Evan Peters though. I like Emma Roberts, I think she did a grand job, Gaborey Sidibe just annoys me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

You're not alone... I personally think its a mess..
    ok the witch part is ok but the story with the guy who they put back together is lame and going nowhere..
    Stellar cast but it feels as if it was rushed out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Yeah I like it but it's kind of lacking direction, one week it was a war between the white witches and the voodoo queens, the next they're best friends. The sub stories in each episode are at least interesting enough to keep watching but it's a bit of a mess alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought it was strange this week how everyone suddenly has more advanced powers. Like how Madison can easily bring people back to life.

Think Nan would've preferred the Jessica Lange from season 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I am on the fence at the moment, as things stand it will be my least favourite season, but I will wait until its over to decide. It is a bit muddled, as has been mentioned, so far the storyline of the lad that got put back together is a total bust, nothing happening or interesting there, few storylines that just feel like filler in fact throughout this season.

The cast is excellent though, never have a reason to complain there, plus how good does Angela Bassett look for her age, and in fairness Jessica Lange too! Bassett was a quality addition this series, I think it improved in the middle but the last episode kinda went nowhere again, hoping they find a way to pull it together before the end of the series. WTF was with the Stevie Nicks cameo actually? Felt like filler too

I will keep watching obviously because despite the possible nit picking I am doing with the show itself, it is as always incredibly fun which I guess is the main thing

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought it was strange this week how everyone suddenly has more advanced powers. Like how Madison can easily bring people back to life.

Think Nan would've preferred the Jessica Lange from season 1.

I think they have stronger powers because they did that ritual to invoke the next supreme to show herself, the episode when they were wearing the red robes. I was a bit thrown myself when i was watching it first!
    Imagine Constance as supreme of a coven, she'd be baking magic cupcakes to unleash at people she dislikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭missierex

Did nobody else cringe when the Swamp Witch was introduced as 'Misty Day'? FFS. Amost as bad as Gail Hailstorm in Scary Movie!

Apart from that, I do enjoy the series, though at times it's all over the place and a tad cheesey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I never really warmed to this show like other people have. I love the idea of a one season story. A well written, self contained season is something that should work great; but even though its only 12/13 episodes, there still seems to be a ton of filler in every season.

I found seasons 1 and 2 to be much the same as this season; stretched out and filler storylines that just don't go anywhere. I might try to watch the end of this season, just for the sake of finishing it off, but I know I won't be back for season 4.

In fairness to it though, the cinematography has been amazing in all 3 seasons. It does have that going for it.

I agree, its very stylish and I like picking up the nods and references to old horrors but in general each season has been a few episodes too long. Thought Season 2 especially started very well but then went all over the place, same is happening now with this one. A tighter 6-8 ep season would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

This season is utterly ridiculous. Season 2 was a masterpiece compared to this tripe switching off now

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Yea its very sloppy this season.

Nasty way for sax/axe man to go.

• Advertisement

I'd say Fiona's lack of soul is going to play a part in her still being alive.

Thought we may have seen Nan dishing out the punishment.

season 3 is very creative :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I loved the season finale. Awesome opening song and sequence with Stevie Nicks and that epic Fleetwood Mac song, wonderfully setting up the trials of the seven wonders. I felt sorry for the not-so-lucky witches and their ultimate fates (but obviously not Madison's), and Fiona, even after all the awful things she did (especially to Nan), I still felt for her at the end. But it was a good send-off. Bring on season four. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Absolutely awful. The worst season by far!

What a jumbled mess. And as for the plotholes!
    Nan has the power of telekinesis and yet it's no bother for her to drowned in the bath!!! She couldn't have just sent them flying???

I'll always recommend season 2 to people, season 1 at a push but never season 3, EVER! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Really poor season overall for me, it had all the right ingredients to be the best season yet but it was the storylines that left it down. I will watch next year and if it is not any better then I will be skipping subsequent seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yup, Series 3 was a big letdown - did not enjoy it at all.

Here's The Name Game from S2 to help me get over it:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The constant deaths and bringing back characters to life was a bit annoying. Also as mentioned above the deaths in spite of their powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

The season itself was a bit all over the place alright and never really felt like it hit its groove. I'd agree with the people above on the constant dying & being brought back to life situation as that was a bit ridiculous since it negated the impact of any death when you were just waiting for them to be brought back. As for the ending, personally I'd have liked it to be slightly darker where Fiona would have stabbed Cordelia while they were hugging so she could regain her powers and lead the coven again. That would have redeemed it a bit more in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Decent first half but the second part of the season had no real hook, I didn't care who'd lead the coven(which in the end was lazy and predictable).

• Advertisement

From the look of it, Zoe impaled herself on purpose because she was looking up before teleporting. And when brought back why didn't she get to continue the trials since she didn't technically fail?

Also in this day and age when you become famous for anything, what are the odds that a newly revelaed coven of witches could go and burn another witch without being seen by hundred of photographers?

Advertisement