Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

discontinued sweets/chocolate/icecream

• 21-03-2005 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

can anyone remember any sweets, choc bars, ice cream that has been discontinued over the past couple of years that were great in their time? all i can think of are marble bars, astros and a couple of hb ice creams that i cant remember names for, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Remember the old formula Double Deckers? They were so much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Woppa bars, Sparkler icepops, Premier League bars...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

woppa bars.. I'd forgotten all about them

oh jesus, I want one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Does anyone know if they're still making Feast ice-creams?
    I hadn't had one for years, then I suddenly decided that I wanted one and couldn't find them anywhere. Say it ain't so.

• Advertisement

There are still feasts, don't panic. Eating off all the ice cream and then going for the mocklate. Best ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

They are definitely still making Feasts, they are one of my favourite ice creams :D

I really miss HB Sparkles - I loved the orange one, but I really really loved the Strawberry & Pear / Strawberry & Apple ones - remember, they were red & white / red & green .... mmmm ... they were sooooooooooooooo nice.

Bring them back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Been looking everywhere for that HB "Frozen Yogurt". A couple of people have said they have pulled it from the Irish market?? Maybe someone can confirm that?

It was lovely too. Thank god its still available in the North! (I tnk its under Carte D'Or)

ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Wispas. I'd take a bullet to have them brought back.

Bubblys just don't cut it at all.

Macaroon bars! Roy of the Rovers bars...
    Can you still get either of those?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Fizzle sticks and eating paper

Melody pops.

Although they still sell them in some places, so they don't really count, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Fizzle sticks
    Frogurts
    Hiawathas
    Little Angel & Little Devil icepops
    Mint Chocs
    Red bootlaces
    Peggys Leg
    Supercans
    Flying Saucers
    Alien Spacers
    Captain Crisps
    Chocolate Limes
    Texas Bars
    Two & Two (this was a super magic choc bar)
    Spangles
    Sweet Cigarettes
    Double Agent sweets
    Blue Riband
    Space Dust

p.s.. If what I mentioned exists, I mean the old super-duper version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

There's a little shop beside where I work that still sells Macaroon bars! Lovely!

Not 10p anymore though. More like 50c!

ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

here you go folks, take a trip down memory lane with this site.

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

They sell all old time sweets and choccies. Delivery time is about 5 working days but it is quite expensive.

had to indulge one day. Blackcurrant & Liquorice hmmm...

Cathy wrote:
    Macaroon bars!

You can still get these in the Student Union shops in DIT and some of the older northside convenience shops, like the hilariously named 'Convenient' shop near Phibsboro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wham bars
    wibbly wobbly wonders
    flying saucers
    coconut mushrooms
    flippers (white dusty dolphin things)

I think there is a website selling all these old style sweets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

rubadub wrote:

I think there is a website selling all these old style sweets

eh...see above :cool:

Remember Top Ten bars?

top-ten.jpg

RustySpoon wrote:
    eh...see above :cool:
    Sorry missed it,
    I think I have seen another one too but it was more expensive

They have my favourite mushrooms
    http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/408

shops on ebay sell them too for cheaper
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SWEETSTALL_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

• Advertisement

Poppets!

You can still buy Poppets & Wham bars - saw them both in a garage in Wexford this morning

babaduck wrote:
    You can still buy Poppets & Wham bars - saw them both in a garage in Wexford this morning

Was the garage in the backarse of nowhere though? probably best before august 1985 ;)

Believe it or not... no! Maxol in Ardcavan (on the coast road 3 miles from Wexford) and at the Statoil in Arklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

anyone remember sky bars (they were like a wispa, covered in ice-cream and then covered with chocolate?!) they were yum and they aren't available anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I've just remembered Quatro bars. There were 8 squares to a bar and it was divided in 4 , with 2 squares of orange flavour, 2 mint etc. They were the business nyom nyom nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vivirl

anyone remember sky bars (they were like a wispa, covered in ice-cream and then covered with chocolate?!) they were yum and they aren't available anymore!

They were absolutly divine- it was our treat after a sunday turning turf on the bogs of mountmellick in laois :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wasn't there a pyramid chocolate thing...? It might have been by Terrys. I think it came in mint and mint orange flavours but never proved as popular as their Chocolate Oranges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Texan's
    Trigger's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

Remember they had a yorkie, it had a black cover - it had roasted nuts and other types of nuts in it - that was gorgeous. It was probably a limited edition. I hate the way they do that...!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michelleb1985

does anyone remember an ice cream that was out like 3 or 4 years ago, it was like a taco shaped wafer with ice cream and stripes of caramel inside with chocolate covering the opening? its wrecking my swede trying to remember the name of it, it was yum.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

neGev wrote:
    Does anyone know if they're still making Feast ice-creams?
    They're still making them, but Mint Feasts diappeared long ago
    does anyone remember an ice cream that was out like 3 or 4 years ago, it was like a taco shaped wafer with ice cream and stripes of caramel inside with chocolate covering the opening? its wrecking my swede trying to remember the name of it, it was yum.
    you're thinking of Winner Tacos! My god they were good
    Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    You can still get these in the Student Union shops in DIT and some of the older northside convenience shops, like the hilariously named 'Convenient' shop near Phibsboro.
    That's probably because they've been there for at least five years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanna

Does anyone remember Pink Panther bars? they were made from pink white chocolate and I last remember having one circa 1978. I just remembered them last night and think they are probably the reason I like Lir strawberry white chocolate truffles so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

babaduck wrote:
    Two & Two (this was a super magic choc bar)

OH MY GOD - someone else that remembers Two & Two's they were my all time fav bar as a kid.

I wish they would bring them back. I nearly had a nervous breakdown when they were withdrawn.

Wasn't there a pyramid chocolate thing...? It might have been by Terrys. I think it came in mint and mint orange flavours but never proved as popular as their Chocolate Oranges.

It was called the Terry's Pyramint...bloody nice too...like a huge After Eight. But in a pyramid shape... obviously.

Terrys did two other nice bars.

One which had 5 hexagonal squares in a strip...they had a hazelnut and carmel inside.

They also had another 5 sectioned bar that was meant to resemble mountain peaks. It had white choc on the peak to resemble snow and a truffley fondant centre.

I liked them i did. They weren't Terry's there were mine....all mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

ooh, I thought you were talking about that one with the walnut on the top and the white snowball type stuff inside it... that was tasty too...

ooh, I thought you were talking about that one with the walnut on the top and the white snowball type stuff inside it... that was tasty too...

That's a walnut whip. Very yummy and very available.

20303-18.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

sparkles. oh i want one!
    macaroon bars you can still get and i do! :D
    flying saucers in some shops...
    edible paper- eat it in the middle of class and the teachers give you the strangest looks!
    wispas were very nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Two n two was my favourite bar. Does anyone remember what the flavour was? Also the bar of chocolate that was like a box of chocolates in a bar if you know what i mean chocolates joined together with chocolate. Five centres or something like that.? Ring a bell anyone?

gonker wrote:
    Two n two was my favourite bar. Does anyone remember what the flavour was? Also the bar of chocolate that was like a box of chocolates in a bar if you know what i mean chocolates joined together with chocolate. Five centres or something like that.? Ring a bell anyone?

I think you are thinking about the Quatro bar. It had mint, pineapple, strawberry, orange in a 2 x 4 square bar.

As for two & two i think it was a white and brown fondant centre. Used to be a sweet like it in Double Centres until last year.

• Advertisement

no definitely it was like a layer of chocolates the shapes and all bonded together with chocolate i think now it was called a milk tray bar. The two and two flavour is still annoying me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Wispas. I'd take a bullet to have them brought back.

Bubblys just don't cut it at all.

I agree, why oh why did they get rid of them?

When I was little I loved fizzy lizzys, yum. And there was some stuff that you'd put in your mouth and it would sort of explode, I forget the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Doodah7

A lot of memories in this thread!!! I remember when a Starbar was called Nunch, it came in a blue wrapper.

Also what did HB do to the Loop the Loop ice cream. My absolute favourity and they changed the taste and texture of the yellow bit. Absolutely yuck now...

And there was some stuff that you'd put in your mouth and it would sort of explode, I forget the name.

poprocks

smarties are doing a bar with it in the middle of it....its nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

gonker wrote:
    poprocks

Yes! Thanks a mill gonker, I LOVED that stuff! Must look out for the smarties bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 emorgan

Anyone remember those Vice Versa sweets?? One was brown on the outside - but had white choc and the other had a white shell with milk chocolate. the stuff of genius!

Or Secret bars. they had a strange cardbord holding the bar, despite having a wrapper!? It had a velvety cream inside .....im foaming at the mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i loved vice versas. They were yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Caffery's toffee Time bar.

Hard cream toffee covered in chocolate with a yellow wrapper with black print.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michelleb1985

emorgan wrote:
    Anyone remember those Vice Versa sweets?? One was brown on the outside - but had white choc and the other had a white shell with milk chocolate. the stuff of genius!

Or Secret bars. they had a strange cardbord holding the bar, despite having a wrapper!? It had a velvety cream inside .....im foaming at the mouth!
    Oh....My......God.... Vise Versas!!!!That is a serious blast from the past, thanks for that one, they were out of control good!!

gonker wrote:
    poprocks

Was it not called MoonDust?

• Advertisement
Advertisement