Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I think it's using your xbox storage same as where your game saves? You can either plug in your external storage and maybe use that, or transfer your existing games to external to make more room for videos. Or else, go to upload studio and upload your videos to your ONEdrive and then delete them off your xbox. That should work too.

I have 12gb free on my xbox tho so it should be able to save alot more videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I have 12gb free on my xbox tho so it should be able to save alot more videos

I think it's limited on your hd, doesn't matter how much you have free,you need to upload more. At least that's how I see it, of course I may be wrong.

deco nate wrote: »
    I think it's limited on your hd, doesn't matter how much you have free,you need to upload more. At least that's how I see it, of course I may be wrong.

Do I have to set up a onedrive account or anything? Will try uploading them tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Do I have to set up a onedrive account or anything? Will try uploading them tomorrow

You should be able to log in with your email that you used to set up your Xbox account, I'm pretty sure that is your Microsoft account.

You'll start off with about 15 GB free, but you can get 100GB free for a year if you hook up a dropbox account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Don't know if it's still there on the bargain alerts but you could get an additional 100gb for 2 years for one drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I dont think I have one drive? Tbh I dont know what it is lol?

It's Microsoft's Cloud Storage.

Save your files on the Internet and access them from anywhere in the World with an internet connection and your login details.

So that's probably what you need to do alright.

Go to Upload Studio and upload the videos you want to keep to OneDrive after you sign in to it with your Microsoft/Xbox account.

Then delete them from your Xbox and you'll have room for plenty more.

Only problem is, if you're on a slow connection it can take quite a long time to upload so many videos.

my connection is fairly slow tbh but il just delete some clips as the games automatically recorded some of them. il look into uploading them today. cheers

my connection is fairly slow tbh but il just delete some clips as the games automatically recorded some of them. il look into uploading them today. cheers

Leave it off over night is the best option. It's what us slow connection people
    have to do :P

Them auto record clips are some pain in the hole too.

I had to turn the whole lot off in settings as when it auto recorded, it auto uploaded and used to lag me out of games!

Should really be an option to just disable auto record crap. /rantover

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had to turn the whole lot off in settings as when it auto recorded, it auto uploaded and used to lag me out of games!

Fifa and Worms:Armageddon are absolutely brutal for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Battlefield 4 - auto clip hell :eek:
    I played a few games the other day. I was shocked at how many clips were auto recorded.

I see it also auto records every time you rank up. At level 90 its not bad but someone at an early rank must be in auto record hell :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Battlefield 4 - auto clip hell :eek:
    I played a few games the other day. I was shocked at how many clips were auto recorded.

I see it also auto records every time you rank up. At level 90 its not bad but someone at an early rank must be in auto record hell :p

try peggle 2. mother. of. god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GTA going for the knife flights and worse multiple attempts at the stunt jumps, deleted 70 clips today. Thank fook they added the option to mark and delete many in one go :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Question i REALLY should know the answer to given my job, but I pathetically don't... can I hook up a multi TB external drive to the XBO and use it to store downloaded games on, or is it only for media? Because I'm absolutely crippled with lack of space. Got about 25 games in my owned list that I can't install because the poxy 500GB drive is full

Same question for PS4 if anyone happens to know the answer in these parts

[I was asleep in class that day]

COYVB wrote: »
    Question i REALLY should know the answer to given my job, but I pathetically don't... can I hook up a multi TB external drive to the XBO and use it to store downloaded games on, or is it only for media? Because I'm absolutely crippled with lack of space. Got about 25 games in my owned list that I can't install because the poxy 500GB drive is full

Same question for PS4 if anyone happens to know the answer in these parts

[I was asleep in class that day]

Yes you can hook up an external HDD to use as games storage for XB1. It has to be USB 3.0 and over 256gb in size.

The PS4 you cannot use external storage but they support plug and play of new internal HDD. Just swap the internal HDD in the PS4 for a larger 2.5" HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Yes you can hook up an external HDD to use as games storage for XB1. It has to be USB 3.0 and over 256gb in size.

The PS4 you cannot use external storage but they support plug and play of new internal HDD. Just swap the internal HDD in the PS4 for a larger 2.5" HDD.

Awesome! Thanking you sir. I'll get me a new USB 3.0 HDD tonight then. Pisser about the PS4 - there's only so big a HD you can get, and I'm pretty sure I'd run out of space there, too.

COYVB wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanking you sir. I'll get me a new USB 3.0 HDD tonight then. Pisser about the PS4 - there's only so big a HD you can get, and I'm pretty sure I'd run out of space there, too.

No probs bud :)

Yeah i think 2.5" only goes as far as 2TB generally but a 3TB one has been developed recently.

Argos has some good deals at the moment for HDD's worth a look if you're in the market. :cool:

No probs bud :)

Yeah i think 2.5" only goes as far as 2TB generally but a 3TB one has been developed recently.

Argos has some good deals at the moment for HDD's worth a look if you're in the market. :cool:

Sandisk announced some 4 and 6 TB SSD's last year not sure they ever materialized. I remember reading they boasted that they would be the 1st ssd's to outpace SAS data center 10-15k rpm drives.... for a price I'd bet :D

Actually the 4TB Optimus MAX SAS SSD is out there but no idea where you can get one and how much it costs (alot i'm guessing)

calex71 wrote: »
    Sandisk announced some 4 and 6 TB SSD's last year not sure they ever materialized. I remember reading they boasted that they would be the 1st ssd's to outpace SAS data center 10-15k rpm drives.... for a price I'd bet :D

Actually the 4TB Optimus MAX SAS SSD is out there but no idea where you can get one and how much it costs (alot i'm guessing)

Yeah exactly. Can you imagine how much they would cost. I'm trying to be a realist here :D:p

Jesus, 4TB tho. I can't even fathom how much they would want for them! :eek:

Ha, and in a data center where they are hot swapping dead drives on a daily basis could you imagine many using those at the munite :D

Still having trouble with my clips . I went to upload studio and I dont see any way to upload them

• Advertisement

Still having trouble with my clips . I went to upload studio and I dont see any way to upload them

When you go into Upload Studio. Select 'Manage Clips' then highlight whatever one you want. Press Start/ Menu button on it and select 'Share' then choose 'OneDrive'.

When you go into Upload Studio. Select 'Manage Clips' then highlight whatever one you want. Press Start/ Menu button on it and select 'Share' then choose 'OneDrive'.

Tried that there and when I press share all thats there is activity feed, message, showcase and twitter. No one drive

Tried that there and when I press share all thats there is activity feed, message, showcase and twitter. No one drive

As a matter of interest,Have you signed up for a one drive account? It's available as an app on Xbox one as well as off a pc or phone.

Have you downloaded and signed in on the OneDrive app on XB1 first?

Nope ha il do that now thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have AC: Black Flag, AC: Unity, Metro Redux, DA: Inquisition all to play on my One but they feel like such a big time investment it's putting me off :pac: Haven't finished D4 either and now Rayman too. Ultimate first world problems.

Really looking forward to Ori and the Blind Forest next week.

maximoose wrote: »
    I have AC: Black Flag, AC: Unity, Metro Redux, DA: Inquisition all to play on my One but they feel like such a big time investment it's putting me off :pac: Haven't finished D4 either and now Rayman too. Ultimate first world problems.

Really looking forward to Ori and the Blind Forest next week.

Christ is that next week too??? March is shaping up to be a bust month.

That white night game out on friday looks interesting, and then theres Zombie Army on friday too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When is Witcher 3 out? Would hope to have DA:I finished before that shows up but I don't think it's likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

March is a pretty great month was only keeping an eye on ScreamRide (what a stupid name) but the Fast and Furious add on for Horizon 2, Ori and I am extremely tempted by DmC, didn't play it on 360 but love Ninja Theory, think I might hold off on that though, the 360 version will prob go to GwG now.

• Advertisement

Going to pick up Ori myself if the reviews are good, and going to try out Hardline on the EA access before I commit to buying it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement