Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time wax

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Meh just tell them that you came home and plucked what they missed, don't feel bad about going back either. I manage a salon and would prefer a client came back and let us fix a problem than never come back and be left feeling unhappy with the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Yeah, just kinda thinking they'll be like "wtf are you talking about" now. Though if you're meant to be completely hair free, which is what I assumed, then this is still clearly not a good job.

Thanks for your help and opinions all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Well I went for my tidy up. I was left waiting for 15 minutes from my appointment time.

The girl I got was nice, chattier then the previous. She said / asked did she just have one or two hairs to get. And I said yeah. It ended up taking almost a half hour, so I think that's testament to how much was left. She was nice and at least she talked to me. The only thing, and by saying only I don't mean to minimise the importance of it, but she double dipped. Well more than double dipped, there were only 3 sticks in the bin when she finished, I checked. The wax was too hot, she asked was it, I said yes, she said she'd turn it down but I don't know that she did, as it continued to feel like it was going to burn my skin.

She plucked some hairs in the end. Constantly made excuses as to why yer one wouldn't have gotten them all first time round.

I kinda couldn't believe that she had double dipped. I probably should have said something, but again I'm not good with doing that kind of thing.

So yeah, smoother, she did do a pretty good job, but between the having to go back and the double dipping, I will not be returning. They're website does specify that they never do this, so I had expected they wouldn't.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fair play you gave them a second chance
    I think you are right not to go back

Advertisement