Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus tdci timing belt due ?

Options
  • 17-02-2015 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just got my 08 Ford Focus 1.8 tdci serviced last week and they advised i need timing belt done pretty soon and priced the job at €780.
    However my research online states it needs to be done @ 125,000 miles
    etis.ford.com/fordservice also state 125,000 miles or 10 years.

Currently 83,000 miles on the clock and so far the car has been bomb proof.

Im not sure what to do, it seems a bit pricey aswell as conflicting with what im seeing online for recommended miles to change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Efioanaes

Cant seem to be able to edit but after reading some more on here i rang George Dalton in Portlaoise and they said 160,000 kilometers , ford advise 200k but they suggest 160k.
    Also quoted the job for €650, i wont be dealing with the other place again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

If its the 1.8 with a wet-belt then I wouldn't go past 100k miles as they have a reputation to snap early

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Advertisement