Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung tablet, project onto tv screen

Options
  • 21-08-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, does anybody no how I can project my samsung android tablet onto my tv ?

Tks in advance

Comments

Rain again wrote: »
    Hi, does anybody no how I can project my samsung android tablet onto my tv ?

Tks in advance

Which Samsung tablet is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

And what tv , is it smart

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rain again

hi, its tab 2 10.1. And not smart tv but has HDMI input

Rgs b

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I have that tab too and you cant watch stuff on tv from it seemingly you can with galaxy tab 1but not 2 i checked on amazon for cables and what not and none work on gal tab 2 if id have known this i never would have got it, the ones in the states can do it,ones in europe cant samsung left something out of the european ones that allow it to be done:mad:

Not with hdmi , but can upgrade blu ray player to smart and can stream then , so an option

• Advertisement

rasper wrote: »
    Not with hdmi , but can upgrade blu ray player to smart and can stream then , so an option

I can upgrade blu ray to to smart, so what do I do from there..?

Rgs b

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I have that tab too and you cant watch stuff on tv from it seemingly you can with galaxy tab 1but not 2 i checked on amazon for cables and what not and none work on gal tab 2 if id have known this i never would have got it, the ones in the states can do it,ones in europe cant samsung left something out of the european ones that allow it to be done:mad:

many the for.you inpup
    Rgs b

tks.for input shamrock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Shure shamrock...:confused:

I gave all the info here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85747580&postcount=33
    Originally Posted by shamrock55 View Post
    This doesnt work with tab 2 by all accounts only tab 1according to reviews on amazon anyway??

My apologies, one has to be precise where Samsung are concerned, their models in different markets seem to differ.

Apparently, the US model, GT-P5113, has HDMI enabled at its outlet...but the European(??) model, which is apparently GT-P5110, does not have it...

confirmed by Samsung :mad: [you should check which model you have, you never know!! did you buy in the US??]

see this thread from Android Forums, which confirms this....

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-10-1/739706-please-can-anyone-help.html

and gives a solution of using the afore-mentioned all share dongle to achieve streaming media from your Tab to a TV with this dongle.....not satisfactory, IMO, but there you are....

Pretty lousy stuff from this Company, IMO, who refuse to fix outstanding issues, like SDS, and reboots due to their clipboard coding, on their one-time flagship S3....

my apologies for the earlier post, but I wasn't to know...;)

they, Sammy, treat their customers with utter contempt.

Here is a list from Samsung of the HDTV Adapter [HDMI] compatible devices:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/EPL-3PHPBEGSTA-compatible

EDIT...just researching this, it is also disgusting how Samsung have mislead people with the GT-P5110, which simply does not have the hardware to achieve HDMI output, they didn't put it in, yet they send emails like this one, quote below:

Link to post, and interesting discussion on this.....

Such bare faced liars....and they charge through the nose for their devices....

Just for example, I have a cheap Chinese tablet, bought last year, a Ployer Momo Bird, cost very little....

but I can connect straight to a TV HDMI port, with a supplied mini-hdmi to HDMI cable, and stream full HD movies to my TV, no adapter needed.....also Netflix, and anything else media related....

now Samsung could have done that, but they are too interested in Marketing and not interested in customers.

also:
    *****IMPORTANT*******

This adaptor will not work on the European Model of the Tab 2 10.1 [GT-P5110].

It is specifically designed for the Samsung Tab 2 10.1 US model [GT-P5113]....

so do not purchase this unless you have the US Model above. [GT-P5113]

The European model does not have the required HDTV or HDMI hardware, so it will never work, no matter what you do.

Samsung have admitted this, see my post below.

Buy this from Amazon, you need an adaptor, no direct HDMI from Sammy Tab 2 10.1, none at all from 7 inch....

71TQiEXlZ5L._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HDTV-Adapter-Galaxy-10-1/dp/B0051D3KKI

See this YouTube for instructions:

Rain again wrote: »
    I can upgrade blu ray to to smart, so what do I do from there..?

Rgs b

Basically will give ur current tv all the smart network functions, u wont be able to mirror imsge but willl be able to stream video, photos , music, youtube etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement