Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!!)MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Blay wrote: »
    Did you not start making a racegun already Bullets?:pac:

Yeah bought a TM hi-cappa and changed the hammer spring, slide spring,
    slide, barrel, trigger, magwell, front bushing, put high-flow valves in, drilled and tapped the body for a carbon scope mount,
    bought a replica c-more sight for it, stuck a cocking lever in place of the back sight, even changed the pistol grip screws.

Somewhere with all my messing about with it and changing parts it developed an issue with firing reliably as in the trigger would not fully pull some of the time.

All evidence for this points towards the leaf spring! but as much as I've tried to fix it and the issue goes away for a while, it eventually comes back after
    40-50 shots. I dont see anyplace selling replacement leafsprings on their own (if thats the cause) Its either the trigger or leaf spring or hammer spring thats causing the issue it could not be anything else.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

bullets wrote: »
    KWC Tanfoglio Gold Custom :D
    Its not the prettiest thing in the world but its Co2 and is already
    drilled and tapped for a mount so might be nice for a bit of practical pistol
    for those that dont have 1000 Euro to spend on a propper racegun.

~B

ha yes I remember that one :D it is a nice little weird peice I will admit. As for racing pistols...... I think their rediculouse :pac: my idea of a cutom pistol would be a full metal, fully trademarked AMT Hardballer! :P or i
    http://m.boards.ie

Jsmurff wrote: »
    = my idea of a cutom pistol would be a full metal, fully trademarked AMT Hardballer! :P or i
    http://m.boards.ie

Would LOVE one of those too!! there was a Western Arms Hardballer for sale
    on ehobby at some point in time that I was going to buy but ended up buying a
    different pistol at the time. Lovely gun, but the WA slide was ABS.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

So today is 'The future ...Maybe ! ' Movie Day :
    Babylon A.D. , Blade , Children of men , Gamer

397899_311035325599327_157390410963820_783484_1664696231_n.jpg
    398391_257828617624313_100001915300936_644574_865609564_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Ireland under pressure to sell State assets

Ireland is in crisis and is really at the cross Roads. It has reached full circle - after 90 years of its independence form the United Kingdome in 1921.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Burn it with fire!

Mossberg-SPX-Rifles.jpg

So today is 'Predator' Movie Day :
    Predator , Predator 2 , Alien Vs Predator , Predators

396479_10150722459657907_70425092906_12362697_476353205_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

393946_283812581678387_165486363511010_797174_1582949388_n.jpg

richieffff wrote: »
    Burn it with fire!

Mossberg-SPX-Rifles.jpg

OH HOLY FUUUCCCKKKKK thev'e gone just way to far!
    am praying its photoshopped and not an actual reality.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Unfortunately they are real:p Made by Mossberg.

Also if anyone wants to watch the Magpul Art of the Precision Rifle dvd, the full thing is up on youtube.

So today is 'Cops ' Movie Day :
    State of Grace , The Departed , 16 Blocks , Hostage
    OH HOLY FUUUCCCKKKKK thev'e gone just way to far!
    am praying its photoshopped and not an actual reality.~B
    Link to Mossberg !!! and we all know you'll be the first to have one !! :)

317596_10150407962476253_590881252_10656354_1676328376_n.jpg

395408_312453772124149_157390410963820_787123_1702712226_n.jpg

Please sign this online petition !

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

whydave wrote: »

Link
    Signed, spread, sent to my friends, emailed local TD, emailed Junior minister (Sherlock) and emailed IDA. Also posted in another forum. :) hopefilly tha'tt get a few more sigs. I guess I'll facebook now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I do't want to piss in the pool here, but online petitions are a waste of time. I can't think of any that has ever achieved anything (even in the rare cases where the targeted parties acknowledge they exist).

Phone calls, letters, and visits to constituency offices are what come to politician's attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

394945_175004545940990_100002943373013_314693_752040627_n.jpg

So today is 'US at war part 3' Movie Day :
    The thin red line , The longest Day , Patton , Tora! Tora! Tora!

395249_312942872075239_157390410963820_788071_316541487_n.jpg

407444_10150728214932907_70425092906_12377453_1405721008_n.jpg

sliabh wrote: »
    I do't want to piss in the pool here, but online petitions are a waste of time. I can't think of any that has ever achieved anything (even in the rare cases where the targeted parties acknowledge they exist).

Phone calls, letters, and visits to constituency offices are what come to politician's attention.

as do pipe bombs! :D

as do pipe bombs! :D
    Funnily enough though I read a piece of research link here with some analysis which shows the violent approach has a less than 7% track record of suceeding.

The article and original paper talk through how this is because after an incident/attack people don't look at your your aims, they just look at the attack and ascribe their own motives to it "civilians were killed, therefore these bastards aim is to kill as many women and children as possible".

So it's worth noting that the immediate result of the "Anonymous" dumb ass attacks on 2 government webites last night (not that I would call them terrorism) is just to make the politicians more likely to stick to their guns. Joe public just heard a whole load of "hackers" (script kiddies more like) took down some websites, so they think this is just about criminals trashing the internet. Why the Anonymous attacks occurred won't figure much in the public or the politicians thinking.

So thanks "Anonymous", you just increased the chances that the legislation will go through.

One other postscript: here's some useful and informed background to the whole copyright and law issue from an Irish context.

• Advertisement

sliabh wrote: »
    Funnily enough though I read a piece of research link here with some analysis which shows the violent approach has a less than 7% track record of suceeding.

The article and original paper talk through how this is because after an incident/attack people don't look at your your aims, they just look at the attack and ascribe their own motives to it "civilians were killed, therefore these bastards aim is to kill as many women and children as possible".

So it's worth noting that the immediate result of the "Anonymous" dumb ass attacks on 2 government webites last night (not that I would call them terrorism) is just to make the politicians more likely to stick to their guns. Joe public just heard a whole load of "hackers" (script kiddies more like) took down some websites, so they think this is just about criminals trashing the internet. Why the Anonymous attacks occurred won't figure much in the public or the politicians thinking.

So thanks "Anonymous", you just increased the chances that the legislation will go through.

One other postscript: here's some useful and informed background to the whole copyright and law issue from an Irish context.

Ugggggghhhh :rolleyes: I hate it when someone makes a seriouse issue out of a joke! :P But in relation to the anonymous attack's that was a bit of tit for tat in my opinion and also to show the government that "you can take away our free tv, but, we can use the remaining 99.9% to f*ck up your day" :) which also proves that the internet, regardless of sencorship laws, will always be to vast to control so ya might aswell give up

Ugggggghhhh :rolleyes: I hate it when someone makes a seriouse issue out of a joke! :P
    Nah, didn't intend to make a serious issue out of it, just pass on some interesting information.
    But in relation to the anonymous attack's that was a bit of tit for tat in my opinion and also to show the government that "you can take away our free tv, but, we can use the remaining 99.9% to f*ck up your day" :) which also proves that the internet, regardless of sencorship laws, will always be to vast to control so ya might aswell give up
    Except, as the point of the research is, people don't see what your intentions are, they just look at your actions, and infer your aims from that.

What goes on in the mind of a sniper?
    _58044867_kyle_fallujah.jpg
    A young cowboy from Texas who joined the elite US Navy Seals became the most deadly sniper in American history. In a book published this month he provides an unusual insight into the psychology of a soldier who waits, watches and kills.
    more here

An other fun stuff !
    have a look here

424949_277852115614718_168593599873904_805495_935722611_n.jpg

So today is ' Big Guns ' movie day :
    Full Metal Jacket , Commando , Rambo:First Blood , Rambo

Also some great reading Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭eversmann

Awesome T-Shirt is awesome

vrDG8.jpg

Signed, spread, sent to my friends, emailed local TD, emailed Junior minister (Sherlock) and emailed IDA. Also posted in another forum. :) hopefilly tha'tt get a few more sigs. I guess I'll facebook now!
    stop 'sopa' Ireland !!!!

Link

So today is ' Big Guns Part 2' movie day :
    Ronin , Proof of life , Leon , Dead presidents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭eversmann

Tactical Rover

427357_2572351583707_1101787450_32058189_483671094_n.jpg

417107_367815876577211_100000464047482_1424396_1184012371_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Wonder if that's what he thinks of people waiting 6 months for there medical cards ,ohh they got sick ,were busy paying anonymous bondholders lads come back next week if your feeling unwell ,

So today is ' Cops' movie day :
    Miami Vice , Die Hard 4.0 , SWAT , Assault on Precinct 13

419372_353426734687523_336320923064771_1270964_1296710541_n.jpg

So today is ' Fun ' movie day :
    Looking for Eric , Hot Fuzz , Shaun of the dead , Paul

attachment.php?attachmentid=171533&d=1327897488

• Advertisement

One for the those heading to Berget maybe, on the dangers of "brandishing" in Stockholm: Author arrested for 'fake' pistol photo shoot

A woman in Hässelby in western Stockholm was dragged for nearly 10 metres under her own car after she managed run herself over on Friday morning in what police believe was a failed attempt to deal with some apparent engine trouble.
    Link

A woman in Hässelby in western Stockholm was dragged for nearly 10 metres under her own car after she managed run herself over on Friday morning in what police believe was a failed attempt to deal with some apparent engine trouble.
    Link

Yeah, The Local does tend to do some strange stories. I just love their many "Pastor" ones:
    Swedish clergy seem to be far more "interesting" than ours.

BTW, if you are still watching the war films, go check out Brotherhood: Taeguki, a Korean film about the war there.
    One of many excellent foreign war films.

The producers of this beer commercial borrowed a small150 seat cinema playing a popular film, and filled 148 of its seats with rough-looking tattooed bikers, leaving only two free seats in the middle of the theater. They then allowed theater management to sell tickets for the last pair of seats to several young couples.
    What would you do? Watch till the end ......

The producers of this beer commercial borrowed a small150 seat cinema playing a popular film, and filled 148 of its seats with rough-looking tattooed bikers, leaving only two free seats in the middle of the theater. They then allowed theater management to sell tickets for the last pair of seats to several young couples.
    What would you do? Watch till the end ......

Ahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC :D

Number 1 post of 2012!

• Advertisement

The kriss vector is a pretty unusual looking type of gun and I would have thought it would typically be something thats not really well known but it appears to be highly anticipated and a very popular item that airsofters are looking forward to seeing released.

I'm wondering what makes this gun a popular want with airsofters ?

Is it just because its different or is the reason more to do with Computer games and movies ?

Was it some computergame like Call of Duty or Medal of honer thats made
    it more well known and wanted ? or was it in some popular action movie ?

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Computer games I think, lots of COD exposure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

People have been crying about it since they showed it on Futureweapons. Then the games community picked up on it after that, added it to a couple of games and the result of the two is a frenzy of people who'll pay ridiculous money for what is, essentially, an odd looking MP5.

Sorry slow day today ......Today is ''Lycan a '' Movie day :
    UnderWorld

Lads I don't download these are all out of my collection !:D

Future weapons says it all ,posting on here for ages about magpul products very little intrest ohh its a g36 that uses stagnag cue Mack and masada episode suddenly its the Greatest "whens the airsoft coming " most new weapon systems are around years before making it into a game before its seems to be noticed by the general public ,the Stoner is a prime example cod first then g&p airsoft ,fact Vietnam then G&P then cod , Eugene Stoner hallowed be thy name

Gatling wrote: »
    Future weapons says it all ,posting on here for ages about magpul products very little intrest ohh its a g36 that uses stagnag cue Mack and masada episode suddenly its the Greatest "whens the airsoft coming " most new weapon systems are around years before making it into a game before its seems to be noticed by the general public ,the Stoner is a prime example cod first then g&p airsoft ,fact Vietnam then G&P then cod , Eugene Stoner hallowed be thy name

God help us if Son's of guns ever starts to brainwash or dumbs us down
    with our wants.

~B

with our wants.

~B

I actually hope to replicate their 1000yrd AK in GBBR form :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

with our wants.

~B

Probably not
    Naughty Naughty

Buy a a&k svd glue on a element faux magpul stock and a m4 rail system job complete ohhh dear god forgive me for this post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Buy a a&k svd glue on a element faux magpul stock and a m4 rail system job complete ohhh dear god forgive me for this post

That would be ultimate fuglyness.

For you blastformace your expunged from the off topic madness :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement