Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Revolution in Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I like the green jelly babies most.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sorry, what's this about jelly babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Things aren't that bad in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I like the green jelly babies most.

Ill give you all my greens for your reds.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

mmm black jelly babies, oh no wait that's fruit pastilles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

zom wrote: »
    Are we really so pampered that we don't mind what governments are doing with us and rest of the word?

Quick answer = yes.

Imagine a revolt of the jelly babies, where they all started eating people. It's a wonder no one ever thought to make a horror film like that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What do we want? Jelly Babies

When do we want it? Now!!

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Ill give you all my greens for your reds.:)
    I like the reds too though, will you take the whites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Imagine a revolt of the jelly babies, where they all started eating people. It's a wonder no one ever thought to make a horror film like that.

It'd be like "Slugs"...except with jelly babies instead of slugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I like the reds too though, will you take the whites?

Throw in 2 yellows and you've got yourself a deal!

Nodin wrote: »
    It'd be like "Slugs"...except with jelly babies instead of slugs.
    Ewww. . .:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

IvySlayer wrote: »

Not yet. we have a long way to go, who knows whats going to happen in this country especially with the twats we have running it.

who knows whats going to happen in this country especially with the twats we have running it.

Not you, I can tell you that

Twats eh? Okay tell you what, if we get rid of the twats, who would you suggest lead the country?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Revolution?,for what?,revolt against the government we chose to represent us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Something something media manipulation, gas and oil offshore, rights etc., protest, flouride in the water, weak-willed, post-colonist attitude, never get anywhere, sure we'll dance with the girls we have, bondholders, bailouts and the feckin' rain.

Alright, now what's this about jelly babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

There must be something in the water here. Irish people have become extremely passive and docile, far more likely to get riled up about meaningless sports than something that actually matters.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Something something media manipulation, gas and oil offshore, rights etc., protest, flouride in the water, weak-willed, post-colonist attitude, never get anywhere, sure we'll dance with the girls we have, bondholders, bailouts and the feckin' rain.

Don't forget the banks and the buses

• Registered Users Posts: 20,672 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There must be something in the water here. Irish people have become extremely passive and docile, far more likely to get riled up about meaningless sports than something that actually matters.

Are you talking about me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm not too keen on jelly babies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

IvySlayer wrote: »

Not that bad my arsé. Try saying that to the parents of the three week old baby that died recently, when an ambulance was sent to the wrong county. That's what happens when you ration and cannibalise frontline services.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm not too keen on jelly babies

Blasphemy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yup. It's the flouride that does that if you believe the conspiracy nuts.

That's what The Man wants you to do. Drink the Kool-Aid and play the corporate game man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    What do we want? Jelly Babies

When do we want it? Now!!

Check this shid out!

High energy mother truckers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

**** it... now I really want jelly babies.

darlett wrote: »
    Check this shid out!

I did that in Junior Cert science :pac: Real messy

The powder is potassium chlorate and it oxidises all the sugar in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I'm guessing that Folha didn't cover much on Jim Corr's Dublin march for freedom or whatever he called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,672 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Not that bad my arsé. Try saying that to the parents of the three week old baby that died recently, when an ambulance was sent to the wrong county. That's what happens when you ration and cannibalise frontline services.

The way I read it was that unfortunately the baby was already dead (cot death) when the ambulance was called in the early morning hours. And the ambulance arrived in 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Revolution?,for what?,revolt against the government we chose to represent us?

The fact we chose them doesn't give them full and unlimited power over us. I think that all governments should work the way managers work - they should present their business plan while election, and then they should be checked in time periods if they follow it. If they don't, they should be fired and treated the same way as businesses do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Does anyone else bite the head off their jelly babies and then laugh maniacally?

Advertisement