Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A New Career Decision

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Hmm, no, not working, should "none" be "visible"? As I want the box to display after the date has passed, effectively blocking the document...

Here is another script that someone had up online that might show a similar layout... https://forums.adobe.com/thread/687455

But I tried something like this and it wouldnt work when used on an ipad with PDF Expert.

The document opened, gave the warning and then just stayed open instead of closing.

I think this is the one I found before...
    function Expire()
    {
    // Get the current date and time
    var rightNow = new Date();
    // Setup End Date
    var rightNow = new Date();
    var beginDate = new Date("December 5, 2012 06:15:00 AM");
    var endDate = new Date("June 16, 2013 1:57:00 PM");
    if (rightNow < beginDate || rightNow > endDate)
    {
    app.alert("It has past the time limit. You cannot use this document any further.\n___________________________________________\n\nContact me to continue using this document. Thanks.", 0, 0);
    this.closeDoc()
    }
    }

// execute check expiration code
    Expire();

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

The Red wrote: »
    Hmm, no, not working, should "none" be "visible"? As I want the box to display after the date has passed, effectively blocking the document...

Ah I see what you're doing.

You have a big white box that covers the content of the document which you want to activate after the expiry?

I would have thought you had all your content in a div or similar that you would want to then hide after it expired.

You could do it your way alright by setting it to be display: none at first and then turning it to visible after the expiry alright.

Should work that way!

Hmm, ok ill have to get back to this soon but I cant right now. Really, thanks for the time and effort, you've really helped someone today :) Feel proud!

Ill test this again later and post back here with results.

Again, thanks a lot...

Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

The Red wrote: »
    Hmm, ok ill have to get back to this soon but I cant right now. Really, thanks for the time and effort, you've really helped someone today :) Feel proud!

Ill test this again later and post back here with results.

Again, thanks a lot...

Ian.

No bother. There may be inconsistencies with the api due to it being on a pdf.

Maybe have a look at this reference from adobe for acrobat to see if you have any joy.

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_api_reference.pdf

Cheers.

Ok as an experiment, I tried the code I posted last up there and changed a couple of things, and it worked!!! Well, on my iMac it did... but on an iPad using PDF expert, i doesnt.

It provided the message as required, but it failed to close the PDF afterwards, effectively rendering it useless as the client could still use it.

As a final ditch effort, can anyone let me know if there is a reason PDF expert would not be able to execute the code?

Thanks again guys..

Advertisement