Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you playing? (July/August 2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Gonna tuck in to MGS- Peace Walker tomorrow

Following up with

inFamous
    inFamous 2

...and if I can muster up the courage... Dead Space :P

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Must say I'm having more fun with Orcs must die than any game I've played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I started playing Kings of Amalur: Reckoning yesterday. Far too early to say whether it is good or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

I'll be playing MW3 until I get to prestige 20, at 13 just now, enjoyig the game but hating the hackers! :mad:
    Still have Skyrim and DeusEx:Human Revolution to play after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Finished Arkham City, so I'm replaying Arkham Asylum at the moment.

Next up is Prototype and/or Darksiders (the first one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭j0ey2069

Playing Battlefield 3 and some Bioshock 2 on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The new Google Doodle. Trying to get 3 stars

And done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well I bought about 25 games in the sale but atm all I'm playing is DayZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Knocked put prototype 2, playing auras wrath, new vegas and a few others

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

On PC playing

Rage- better than I expected considering all the criticism
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent -just finished Chaos Theory so giving this a whirl now
    Wargame: European Escalation - hoping it would be like World in Conflict which had a great story

Android

Scramble with Friends
    Draw Something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been playing Metroid Fusion on the 3DSXL. Haven't played it in 10 years since it came out, so I've forgotten everything. It's such a great game....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

playing Left4Dead on pc, rekindled my love for being a zombie..
    playing world of tanks on pc...

tried playing bf3, cant get into it since they took out the mav glitch.

still have to really start playing skyrim on ps3 too, only gave it about an hour at xmas

Installed Bioshock last night after getting it from the Steam sale. But by the time I got it working properly on Windows 7, I figured it was time for bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Decided to start playing walking dead today. Finished first episode and OMFG how good it is!!!!

One thing I hated: after you finish episode one you get that ****y "what's on next episode". I ****ing hate that! I always skip that on my tv shows as its just a huge spoiler alert...
    I will just walk out of the room when I finish episode two. You ca skip that shiet.

Anyway. What a flipping great game! I am so disappointed now that I did not bought back to the future fro these guys. :( they know a thing or two about such games. I haven't been so.... Stressed or swallowed by game for ages!!!
    Whens the next episode out?!?!!

Whens the next episode out?!?!!
    When The Walking Dead: The Game -- Episode 2: Starved for Help arrived in June, developer Telltale Games said fans could expect the next installment in August.

Telltale looks primed to deliver on the promise with The Walking Dead: The Game -- Episode 3
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/08/10/the-walking-dead-episode-3-news-choices-trailer

There are spoilers on that page for episode 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

playing gravity rush,SR3,skyrim,dragons dogma lately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Final Fantasy 6 (SNES), Mega Man series (Mostly NES), El Shaddai (PS3) and lots and lots of SSFIV:AE online (PS3). Grateful, as ever, to be a gamer.

Well another evening with tropico 4. I am on 18/20 campaign missions.
    Few friends started playing it now too. Its quite funny when they start talking on vent and you can hear tropico music in the background lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

got wolfenstein today for a fiver thouroughly enjoying it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Finished inFamous. Time to take down inFamous 2!

• Advertisement

I am not proud of this, but here it goes:

I levelled up from lvl 1 to lvl 15 night elf Mage last night... A few lads came back to it too...

It was fun to be a gamer for awhile, but all good things have to come to the end. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I am not proud of this, but here it goes:

I levelled up from lvl 1 to lvl 15 night elf Mage last night... A few lads came back to it too...

It was fun to be a gamer for awhile, but all good things have to come to the end. :(

And the game is?

quarryman wrote: »
    And the game is?

WoW? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭C14N

On PC, Spec Ops: The Line. Nearly finished, should be done by tomorrow.

On PS3, God of War 3. Made some good progress but got distracted. Honestly just want to get it done so I can move on to Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid collections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Deus EX: HR and DiRT 3

Dirt was a free download, if you bought a AMD gpu last year. The deal was meant to run out on Dec 31st last and I got the gpu in Jan. Found the voucher Saturday when cleaning up and took a punt. Deal extended to next Dec. FTW

marko93 wrote: »
    Finished inFamous. Time to take down inFamous 2!

Afriad that it is not as good as the first but still a very good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭C14N

Afriad that it is not as good as the first but still a very good game.

Really? I'd have said it was vastly superior. I didn't care for inFamous 1 at all and didn't even play it to the end but everything I disliked about the first was gone for the second.

C14N wrote: »
    Really? I'd have said it was vastly superior. I didn't care for inFamous 1 at all and didn't even play it to the end but everything I disliked about the first was gone for the second.

Plot wise and antagonist wise it is weaker. There was a real challenge to infamous that was not present in 2, I found. They fixed the gameplay issues and made it a smoother package but lost something, in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Spending my time between Super Mario 3D Land, Binary Domain and co-op Borderlands and the expansions in anticipation of the 2nd one coming out soon!

Super Mario 3D Land is classic Mario. Finished the first half and was easy but very enjoyable nonetheless. Looking forward to getting stuck into it again, it's very easy to pick up and play.

Binary Domain was picked up cheap after seeing positive things about it here. I'm not very far in, but it's very very generic so far... Hoping that it will pick up. Camera is annoying at times and the voice recognition is poor enough.

Borderlands is Borderlands. What's not to love?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playing mostly FF4 on the PSP, have the main game finished and moved on to the After Years which isn't that great. Also a bit of Dragon Quest 9 which I'll devote myself to once I beat the after years.

On PC I'm playing Thief 2 and moving on to Super Meat Boy since I finished Bit.Trip Runner.

Advertisement